|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does Marie insist when Frank is there?
(a) Gail being in the room when Frank examines her.
(b) Frank giving Marie medicine for her niece who is also ill.
(c) Gail giving Frank payment for her treatment.
(d) Frank promising to see her cousin who is also ill.
2. What does Wesley question David about after David tells him about seeing Frank?
(a) If Marie seemed more ill when David saw here before she died.
(b) If anyone was with Frank.
(c) If David is angry with Frank.
(d) The exact time David witnessed Frank leaving the house.
3. For whom does Wesley cheer at the picnic?
(b) War heroes.
4. What does David remember about Gloria caring for him when he was ill?
(a) She ignored him.
(b) She was impatient about his slow recovery.
(c) She was insensitive to him.
(d) She tended him carefully.
5. What does David's grandfather give David to take on his ride?
(a) A bow and some arrows.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A water flask.
6. Where does Gail work?
(a) With the country doctor.
(c) Only at home.
(d) In the hardware store.
7. What does Gail worry about concerning David?
(a) His soul.
(b) His tendency to get bullied.
(c) His tendency to tire easily.
(d) His fragile health.
8. Why don't Gail and Wesley have more children?
(a) Wesley is sterile.
(b) Gail had a difficult first pregnancy.
(c) Gail wants to continue working.
(d) They can only afford one child.
9. Who is Marie Little Soldier?
(a) The Shaman of the local Indian tribe.
(b) David's grandparents' housekeeper.
(c) The country doctor’s nurse.
(d) A neighbor to David's family.
10. Where was Frank just before returning to Brentrock?
(a) His parents' home.
(b) At medical school.
(c) On a long trip.
(d) In the military.
11. How does David describe his life?
12. What has Ollie Young Bear accomplished that is unusual for an Indian of that era?
(a) Graduated from college.
(b) Published several books
(c) Served in the military.
(d) Served in the House of Representatives.
13. Where would Gail prefer to live?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) Washington, D. C.
(d) Back East.
14. What did Julian hope Gloria would do?
(a) Keep Frank's interest away from Indian women.
(b) Julian had no hopes concerning Gloria.
(c) Convince Frank to move back East.
(d) Convince Frank to run for Congress.
15. Where does Marie sleep?
(a) In a small room off the kitchen.
(b) In her own small hut on David's grandparents' farm.
(c) In town in a woman's boarding house.
(d) With her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wesley begin investigating the day after Frank visits Marie?
2. What does Len say prompted his drinking this time?
3. What had Ronnie done in the past?
4. Who is at David's home when he gets back from school on Monday?
5. According to David, who will be called in if Marie needs a doctor?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)