|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ollie's actions at the bowling alley affect David?
(a) Make bowling more work than fun
(b) Force David to apologize for Ollie.
(c) Give David ideas about improving his game.
(d) Set a good example for David.
2. According to David, what does Ollie never do?
3. Where would Gail prefer to live?
(b) Back East.
(c) North Dakota.
(d) Washington, D. C.
4. What does Wesley tell Gail and David after supper?
(a) To go to Missoula.
(b) To leave the house.
(c) To go see his parents.
(d) To go to the reservation.
5. Who is at David's home when he gets back from school on Monday?
(a) His best friend's father.
(b) The deputy sheriff.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) The undertaker.
6. Why does Gail want to stay home?
(a) She does not want to face Frank and Gloria.
(b) She is feeling ill.
(c) She does not want to argue with her mother-in-law about David's schooling.
(d) She doesn’t think it’s a good idea to leave Marie alone.
7. In what county does David's family live?
8. How is Marie when David checks in on her when he gets home from the bowling alley?
(a) She is in a lot of pain.
(b) She is feeling much better.
(c) She is very upset.
(d) She is asleep.
9. What does David hear Marie doing one day?
(d) Speaking in her native tongue.
10. Whom does Wesley talk to when he calls Frank's house?
(a) No one is home.
(d) Frank's oldest child.
11. What career does Gail wish that her husband had chosen?
(b) College Professor.
12. What does Gail learn concerning Marie's problem?
(a) Marie is starting to feel better.
(b) Marie has had this problem before.
(c) Marie is afraid she is going to die.
(d) Marie has had this problem before.
13. What does Gail say about the winds of Montana?
(a) They make men do strange things.
(b) They cause some people to become bitter.
(c) They are colder than the temperature suggests.
(d) They are not like the winds of North Dakota.
14. Why do David, Wesley, and Gail go to David's grandparents' home on Sunday?
(a) For dinner.
(b) David's horse is about to foal.
(c) Julian is ill.
(d) To talk about the rumors in town.
15. What is Dr. Hayden's diagnosis of Marie's illness?
(d) Scarlett fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David love Marie?
2. What has David's grandmother told him that makes it difficult for David to sleep the night of Marie's death?
3. Where did Frank attend medical school?
4. How does David feel when he visits his grandparents' farm?
5. Why is Wesley driving out to the reservation?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)