|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gail decide to do about Marie?
(a) Ask a tribal shaman to come to the home.
(b) Wait another day or two.
(c) Call Frank.
(d) Send her home.
2. What does David say Ollie Young Bear has managed to escape?
(a) Being orphaned at a young age.
(b) Being a Japanese prisoner of war.
(c) Being a POW in a German camp.
(d) Being a poverty stricken alcoholic.
3. What does David think when he sees his grandfather waiting on the porch?
(a) Julian seems as though he knows nothing yet about Frank.
(b) Julian seems old.
(c) Julian seems like a stranger.
(d) Julian will never allow anything to happen to Frank.
4. From what job had Julian retired?
(c) Sheriff's office.
(d) Shift supervisor.
5. What kind of grandchild does Julian want?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He does not want any more.
(c) A female grandchild.
6. According to David, who will be called in if Marie needs a doctor?
(a) The old cavalry doctor.
(b) His Uncle Frank.
(c) A new doctor in town.
(d) A specialist from a nearby town.
7. What does Len say prompted his drinking this time?
(a) His wife was causing problem.
(b) He was upset about Frank.
(c) He's not specific about the cause.
(d) He is in debt.
8. What does David say when he intervenes in Gail's questioning of Marie?
(a) Marie is too ill to talk.
(b) Marie has already given him the answers to Gail’s questions.
(c) Gail should be more gentle.
(d) Gail is being nosy.
9. How does David feel when he visits his grandparents' farm?
(a) He greatly enjoys it.
(b) He gets bored.
(c) He thinks it's hard work when he goes there.
(d) He does not like the way his grandfather yells at him.
10. What does Wesley do as Gail and David go inside David's grandparents' home?
(a) Stays on the porch.
(b) Chases the dog.
(c) Pumps water from the well.
(d) Stays in the car.
11. Where did Frank attend medical school?
(a) University of Oklahoma.
(b) University of North Dakota.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) University of Minnesota.
12. Whom does Wesley talk to when he calls Frank's house?
(b) Frank's oldest child.
(c) No one is home.
13. About what is Marie adamant when she talks with David?
(a) She must see a Shaman.
(b) She must see her boyfriend.
(c) She does not want a doctor.
(d) She will be better the next day.
14. Where does Gail work?
(b) In the hardware store.
(c) With the country doctor.
(d) Only at home.
15. Why do David, Wesley, and Gail go to David's grandparents' home on Sunday?
(a) Julian is ill.
(b) For dinner.
(c) David's horse is about to foal.
(d) To talk about the rumors in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian ask about Frank and Gloria?
2. What does everyone know when Wesley calls for a speech from his son?
3. What had Ronnie done in the past?
4. What does Gail tell Marie before going back to work?
5. Under what circumstances is a coyote hard to find according to Marie?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)