|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gail think when she checks in on Marie after getting home?
(a) Marie is no better.
(b) Marie is sicker than she admits.
(c) Marie is improving.
(d) Marie is not as sick as she is pretending to be.
2. What does David remember about Gloria caring for him when he was ill?
(a) She was insensitive to him.
(b) She tended him carefully.
(c) She ignored him.
(d) She was impatient about his slow recovery.
3. Why does Wesley go around the picnic grounds and pick up trash?
(a) He hates to see the ground littered with trash.
(b) He doesn’t want to distract from Frank and Julian getting attention.
(c) He tries to set an example for the young people.
(d) As the sheriff, he is responsible for litter being handled.
4. Why does Gail want to stay home?
(a) She does not want to face Frank and Gloria.
(b) She is feeling ill.
(c) She does not want to argue with her mother-in-law about David's schooling.
(d) She doesn’t think it’s a good idea to leave Marie alone.
5. How do Ollie's actions at the bowling alley affect David?
(a) Set a good example for David.
(b) Give David ideas about improving his game.
(c) Make bowling more work than fun
(d) Force David to apologize for Ollie.
6. Why does David love Marie?
(a) She is generous.
(b) She has an endearing laugh.
(c) She is lenient with David.
(d) She is outgoing and gregarious.
7. With whom was David fishing on a certain Monday?
(b) George Cahill.
8. Why does David believe Frank is disappointed in him?
(a) David prefers reading over things such as hunting.
(b) David takes piano lessons.
(c) David does not play sports in school.
(d) David does not want to be a doctor.
9. Whom does Wesley talk to when he calls Frank's house?
(a) Frank's oldest child.
(d) No one is home.
10. What can Wesley do on the reservation?
(a) Ask questions as he has no authority on the reservation.
(b) He is not even allowed on the reservation.
(c) Conduct full investigations.
(d) Make arrests.
11. Who is Ronnie?
(a) Gail’s brother.
(b) Marie's boyfriend.
(c) Marie's son.
(d) David's cousin.
12. What has David's grandmother told him that makes it difficult for David to sleep the night of Marie's death?
(a) A dead person's spirit remains in the area for a while.
(b) The dead do not remember the living.
(c) Whoever killed Marie may be back.
(d) Marie's spirit may seek vengeance.
13. According to David, who will be called in if Marie needs a doctor?
(a) A specialist from a nearby town.
(b) A new doctor in town.
(c) The old cavalry doctor.
(d) His Uncle Frank.
14. Who is Frank?
(a) David's older brother.
(b) The minister.
(c) David's uncle and a well-known doctor in the community.
(d) Marie's boyfriend.
15. What did Julian hope Gloria would do?
(a) Keep Frank's interest away from Indian women.
(b) Convince Frank to move back East.
(c) Julian had no hopes concerning Gloria.
(d) Convince Frank to run for Congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does David have while staying with Frank and Gloria one year?
2. Why don't Gail and Wesley have more children?
3. What does Gloria talk about at the dinner table?
4. Why does the house seem quiet to David?
5. How does David describe his life?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)