|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about Frank's death?
(a) Grateful to Frank.
(b) Sorry for Frank's actions.
(c) Embarrassed by Frank's actions.
(d) Grief stricken.
2. What does David tell his mother how to do?
(a) Whistle loudly.
(b) Fire a gun.
(c) Use his loudspeaker.
(d) Load a rifle.
3. What had Ronnie done in the past?
(a) Saved David from drowning.
(b) Served in the military.
(c) Saved the mayor's son .from drowning
(d) Plowed an entire acre in one hour.
4. What is Dr. Hayden's diagnosis of Marie's illness?
(b) Scarlett fever.
5. Who is Mel Paddock?
(a) The Sheriff in the next county.
(b) The county prosecutor.
(c) A defense lawyer.
(d) The county judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think when he sees his grandfather waiting on the porch?
2. What has David's grandmother told him that makes it difficult for David to sleep the night of Marie's death?
3. About what is Marie adamant when she talks with David?
4. Why do David, Wesley, and Gail go to David's grandparents' home on Sunday?
5. Gail is with whom when David arrives home on Monday?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)