|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David lacks the courage to ask his mother about ________________situation.
2. What does Wesley do as Gail and David go inside David's grandparents' home?
(a) Stays in the car.
(b) Pumps water from the well.
(c) Stays on the porch.
(d) Chases the dog.
3. What has David's grandmother told him that makes it difficult for David to sleep the night of Marie's death?
(a) The dead do not remember the living.
(b) Marie's spirit may seek vengeance.
(c) Whoever killed Marie may be back.
(d) A dead person's spirit remains in the area for a while.
4. Why does David feel he needs to please Frank and Gloria?
(a) They buy David school clothes which his parents cannot afford.
(b) They do not have a son of their own.
(c) They always try to include David in their family outings.
(d) They are good to David's parents.
5. From what job had Julian retired?
(c) Shift supervisor.
(d) Sheriff's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wesley go around the picnic grounds and pick up trash?
2. Where would Gail prefer to live?
3. What has Ollie Young Bear accomplished that is unusual for an Indian of that era?
4. According to David, what does Ollie never do?
5. What does David believe he feels?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)