|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think when Marie spends a great deal of time in her room?
(a) She is hiding from her ex-boyfriend.
(b) She is tired from caring for him.
(c) She is ill.
(d) He has upset her.
2. What does David tell his mother about Marie?
(a) She’s been staying in her room.
(b) She was crying.
(c) She had an argument with her boyfriend.
(d) She told David to stay away from her.
3. How does David feel when he visits his grandparents' farm?
(a) He does not like the way his grandfather yells at him.
(b) He thinks it's hard work when he goes there.
(c) He gets bored.
(d) He greatly enjoys it.
4. Why does David feel he needs to please Frank and Gloria?
(a) They always try to include David in their family outings.
(b) They buy David school clothes which his parents cannot afford.
(c) They are good to David's parents.
(d) They do not have a son of their own.
5. What does David say about his father's work gun?
(a) It probably did not even fire.
(b) It was a hand me down.
(c) It had only been used a few times.
(d) His father seldom carries it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Ronnie done in the past?
2. What does Gail worry about concerning David?
3. What is one thing Marie spends much time and energy doing?
4. Where was Frank just before returning to Brentrock?
5. What is part of the reason Wesley became a sheriff?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)