|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian say happened when Frank was barely a teenager?
(a) He was caught with an Indian girl.
(b) He ran away with an Indian girl.
(c) He almost died from influenza.
(d) He wanted to marry an Indian girl.
2. What does Julian ask about Frank and Gloria?
(a) If Wesley wants to have more children.
(b) If Frank is in danger.
(c) If Wesley plans on resigning.
(d) Why Frank can't give them another grandchild.
3. What is Dr. Hayden's diagnosis of Marie's illness?
(b) Scarlett fever.
4. Why is Wesley driving out to the reservation?
(a) To tell Marie's mother about Marie's death.
(b) To ask some more questions about Frank
(c) To see if he sees Frank's car is there.
(d) To find another housekeeper.
5. Why is David sad at the dinner table?
(a) He's thinking about Frank's crimes.
(b) He's thinking about his father’s difficult life.
(c) He's thinking about moving to North Dakota.
(d) He's thinking about his grandfather's illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David describe his life?
2. What does Julian say about Frank and the reservation?
3. Why does David feel he needs to please Frank and Gloria?
4. Where does David's family live at the beginning of the novel?
5. What is part of the reason Wesley became a sheriff?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)