|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frank?
(a) David's older brother.
(b) David's uncle and a well-known doctor in the community.
(c) The minister.
(d) Marie's boyfriend.
2. What does Wesley say that he will buy Gail from Birdwell's Bee Farm?
(c) A new skillet.
3. Who is at David's home when he gets back from school on Monday?
(a) His best friend's father.
(b) The deputy sheriff.
(c) The undertaker.
(d) His grandparents.
4. What does Gloria talk about at the dinner table?
(a) Having a baby.
(b) Moving to Washington, D. C.
(c) Changing her lifestyle after the war.
(d) Moving back to St. Louis.
5. What led to the success of Wesley being elected sheriff?
(a) There was no election; Wesley was appointed by the mayor.
(b) The person who ran against him was a woman.
(c) No one else ran.
(d) His father held the position for years before Wesley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wesley go around the picnic grounds and pick up trash?
2. How does David feel when he visits his grandparents' farm?
3. Who is Marie Little Soldier?
4. For whom does Wesley cheer at the picnic?
5. Where does David's family live at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)