|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Marie spends much time and energy doing?
(c) Caring for David.
2. What does David say his family planned to attend?
(a) The county fair.
(b) The new Baptist church.
(c) Marie's funeral.
(d) Frank's trial.
3. What is part of the reason Wesley became a sheriff?
(a) Family tradition.
(b) No one else would do it.
(c) No other jobs were available.
(d) He could not pass the bar exam.
4. What had Ronnie done in the past?
(a) Saved David from drowning.
(b) Served in the military.
(c) Saved the mayor's son .from drowning
(d) Plowed an entire acre in one hour.
5. Where does David find his parents when he goes downstairs?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the back yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gail's response to David's intervention?
2. Where does David's family live at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why does Gail take Enid to the kitchen?
4. Who comes running to David's house after hearing a gunshot?
5. What does Gail learn concerning Marie's problem?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)