|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jerry not in the visitor's room?
(a) He does not visit.
(b) He escaped.
(c) He had to go to church.
(d) He is not allowed.
2. What game do the guys in Steve's cell play on Saturday, July 11?
(a) Dirty hearts.
3. What does Petrocelli say about Bobo's attire when he comes into the courtroom to testify?
(a) That he refused to wear his prison jumpsuit.
(b) That he wanted to come naked.
(c) That he combed his hair.
(d) That he refused a suit.
4. Who does Steve attempt to hug when he hears his verdict?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
5. Who is the first witness Petrocelli calls on Monday, July 13th?
(d) Lorelle Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
2. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
3. To whom is Mr. Nesbitt's gun registered?
4. What does O'Brien tell Steve about Bobo's testimony the day after Bobo testified?
5. Where does Steve see Jerry on Sunday, July 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. When O'Brien comes to see Steve on July 14 after Bobo's testimony, what does she say she has to now do in court to save Steve?
2. What is the visitors' room like?
3. Who owns thel gun used in the crime, and is it a legal gun?
4. Once each lawyer has rested her case, Steve writes in his journal on Friday, July 17 that it's understandable why other prisoners are obsessed with appeals. What does he realize about their obsession?
5. Why is Ms. Moore not at work the day King came to see her?
6. Why was Lorelle Henry in the pharmacy?
7. What does O'Brien say she is going to do on the weekend of the 11th?
8. How is the visual image of the courtroom just before Steve's verdict is read represented?
9. What do the prisoners eat for breakfast on Sunday, July 12?
10. What is Briggs' objection to what Bobo is wearing when he testifies?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)