|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Moore related to Bobo?
(a) She is Bobo's sister.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) She is Bobo's grandmother.
(d) She is Bobo's aunt.
2. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
(d) Black and white, grainy.
3. What have some people in Steve's neighborhood told his mother about Steve's lawyer?
(a) O'Brien is a bad lawyer.
(b) O'Brien is a good lawyer.
(c) They should have hired a white lawyer.
(d) They should have hired a black lawyer.
4. What is left in the cash register, according to Detective Williams?
(c) Change and bills.
(d) One dollar bills.
5. What does O'Brien say she will do over the weekend of Saturday, July 11?
(a) Watch her niece play soccer.
(b) Watch her niece play little league.
(c) Watch her nephew play soccer.
(d) Watch her nephew play little league.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the screenplay scene Steve writes just after his mother leaves, what does King say he "just needs" in order to commit the robbery?
2. Why does Moore say she was not working the day Bobo came to see her?
3. What is Bobo wearing when he comes into the courtroom to testify?
4. How much does Detective Williams estimate Mr. Nesbitt weighed?
5. What is the woman holding in the image reproduced in the Sunday, July 12th section of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sunset's verdict and sentence?
2. Why is Ms. Moore not at work the day King came to see her?
3. Why was Lorelle Henry in the pharmacy?
4. How is the visual image of the courtroom just before Steve's verdict is read represented?
5. Why did King visit Ms. Moore on the day of the crime?
6. What does Henry mean in the pretrial questioning when she says she is having trouble testifying that King was involved in the crime?
7. When O'Brien comes to see Steve on July 14 after Bobo's testimony, what does she say she has to now do in court to save Steve?
8. What does O'Brien say she is going to do on the weekend of the 11th?
9. Who is Eddie, and what is he accused of?
10. How do readers know what Steve's verdict is, based on the screenplay?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)