|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of sports game is on TV Sunday, July 12th, which Steve said does not "look real"?
2. When was Mr. Nesbitt's gun registered?
(a) August, 1999.
(b) August, 1995.
(c) Never. It was illegal.
(d) August, 1989.
3. What happens during the church service on Sunday, July 12th?
(a) A prisoner escapes.
(b) A minister is killed.
(c) A fight breaks out.
(d) Steve is beaten.
4. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
(a) She slams her fist on the table.
(b) She cries.
(c) She yells.
(d) She lifts up her hands and closes her eyes.
5. What does Steve say about the pictures of Mr. Nesbitt?
(a) They enthrall him.
(b) They gross him out.
(c) They make him ill.
(d) They scare him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do visiting hours start on Sundays?
2. What is King's verdict?
3. Who is the first witness Petrocelli calls on Monday, July 13th?
4. How is King's verdict communicated to the reader?
5. In the screenplay scene Steve writes just after his mother leaves, what does King say he "just needs" in order to commit the robbery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has O'Brien asked Steve to do when his response is to write down Mr. Sawicki's name twice?
2. What is Briggs' objection to what Bobo is wearing when he testifies?
3. Why is Ms. Moore not at work the day King came to see her?
4. Who is Eddie, and what is he accused of?
5. How is the visual image of the courtroom just before Steve's verdict is read represented?
6. How do readers know what Steve's verdict is, based on the screenplay?
7. When O'Brien comes to see Steve on July 14 after Bobo's testimony, what does she say she has to now do in court to save Steve?
8. What does Steve realize about why there are so many fights in prison after church on Sunday, July 12?
9. How do Steve's parents act when they come to visit on Sunday the 12th?
10. What happens when Steve is made to mop the floor?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)