|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which prison or jail is Bobo serving time?
(a) Green Pastures.
2. Who is the first person to tell Steve and King that they have a verdict?
(a) The judge.
(c) A guard.
3. How is Steve's verdict communicated visually to the reader?
(a) The guards cuff him.
(b) The guards hit him.
(c) The guards move away from him.
(d) The guards unlock his handcuffs.
4. What time do visiting hours start on Sundays?
(a) 1 P.M.
(b) 9 A.M.
(c) 10 A.M.
(d) 4 P.M.
5. Why is Jerry not in the visitor's room?
(a) He does not visit.
(b) He had to go to church.
(c) He is not allowed.
(d) He escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Petrocelli frame Doctor Moody's answer about the cause of death?
2. What item or items are found on the floor around Mr. Nesbitt's body?
3. What, according to Bobo, is a "chrome"?
4. How is King's verdict communicated to the reader?
5. How many guys does Steve have to mop the floor with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Steve's parents act when they come to visit on Sunday the 12th?
2. Who is Eddie, and what is he accused of?
3. How do readers know what Steve's verdict is, based on the screenplay?
4. What has O'Brien asked Steve to do when his response is to write down Mr. Sawicki's name twice?
5. What do the prisoners eat for breakfast on Sunday, July 12?
6. What does Steve realize about why there are so many fights in prison after church on Sunday, July 12?
7. Once each lawyer has rested her case, Steve writes in his journal on Friday, July 17 that it's understandable why other prisoners are obsessed with appeals. What does he realize about their obsession?
8. How is the visual image of the courtroom just before Steve's verdict is read represented?
9. On Sunday the 12th, how does Steve see his brother Jerry?
10. What is the visitors' room like?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)