|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does O'Brien act when Steve asks her what she is doing over the weekend of Saturday, July 11?
(a) She invites him to come with her.
(b) She gives him a funny look.
(c) She looks sad.
(d) She ignores him.
2. What is Steve's reaction to mopping the floor?
(a) It makes him tired.
(b) It helps pass the time.
(c) It makes him sorry.
(d) It makes him sick.
3. When Steve's mother comes to visit, how far does he say they are away from each other on either side of the visiting tables?
(a) 30 inches.
(b) 18 inches.
(c) 22 inches.
(d) 24 inches.
4. What is the mood of Steve's parents when they come to visit him on Sunday, July 12th?
5. How many guys go to the church service on Sunday, July 12th?
(c) Twenty five.
(d) Two hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
2. Why does Moore say she was not working the day Bobo came to see her?
3. On Tuesday, July 14, after Bobo's testimony, what does Steve think to himself about the reason so many of the men there are in jail?
4. In his journal after the jury has begun deliberating, what kind of instruments does Steve say he is going to put in the background of the movie?
5. What is the verdict in Sunset's trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who owns thel gun used in the crime, and is it a legal gun?
2. What does Steve realize about why there are so many fights in prison after church on Sunday, July 12?
3. What does Henry mean in the pretrial questioning when she says she is having trouble testifying that King was involved in the crime?
4. What is Briggs' objection to what Bobo is wearing when he testifies?
5. What does O'Brien say she is going to do on the weekend of the 11th?
6. How do readers know what Steve's verdict is, based on the screenplay?
7. What is Sunset's verdict and sentence?
8. When O'Brien comes to see Steve on July 14 after Bobo's testimony, what does she say she has to now do in court to save Steve?
9. What has O'Brien asked Steve to do when his response is to write down Mr. Sawicki's name twice?
10. How is the visual image of the courtroom just before Steve's verdict is read represented?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)