|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Steve attempt to hug when he hears his verdict?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
2. What, according to Bobo, is a "chrome"?
(a) A search engine.
(b) A money clip.
(c) A gun.
(d) A flashlight.
3. When Bobo comes into the courtroom to testify and the lawyers are discussing him with the judge, what does the judge say he looks like?
(a) A nut job.
(b) A lunatic.
(c) A crazy person.
(d) A basket case.
4. What have some people in Steve's neighborhood told his mother about Steve's lawyer?
(a) They should have hired a white lawyer.
(b) They should have hired a black lawyer.
(c) O'Brien is a good lawyer.
(d) O'Brien is a bad lawyer.
5. In which prison or jail is Bobo serving time?
(d) Green Pastures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bad trick O'Brien says Petrocelli is using during the note of Friday, July 10th?
2. In his journal after the jury has begun deliberating, what kind of instruments does Steve say he is going to put in the background of the movie?
3. What book does Steve's mom bring with her when visiting Steve?
4. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
5. What is the name of the prisoner who joins Steve and the others on July 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did King visit Ms. Moore on the day of the crime?
2. How do readers know what Steve's verdict is, based on the screenplay?
3. What is the visitors' room like?
4. What is Briggs' objection to what Bobo is wearing when he testifies?
5. What has O'Brien asked Steve to do when his response is to write down Mr. Sawicki's name twice?
6. Who owns thel gun used in the crime, and is it a legal gun?
7. Why is Ms. Moore not at work the day King came to see her?
8. On Sunday the 12th, how does Steve see his brother Jerry?
9. How does the medical examiner say Mr. Nesbitt died?
10. How is the visual image of the courtroom just before Steve's verdict is read represented?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)