|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the verdict in Sunset's trial?
(d) Not Guilty.
2. When Steve's mother comes to visit, how far does he say they are away from each other on either side of the visiting tables?
(a) 22 inches.
(b) 30 inches.
(c) 24 inches.
(d) 18 inches.
3. How many guys go to the church service on Sunday, July 12th?
(c) Twenty five.
(d) Two hundred.
4. What is the woman holding in the image reproduced in the Sunday, July 12th section of this book?
(a) A pen.
(b) A camera.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A gun.
5. What is the name of the prisoner who joins Steve and the others on July 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lorelle Henry, how many men are in the lineup?
2. What book does Steve's mom bring with her when visiting Steve?
3. How is Steve's verdict communicated visually to the reader?
4. What does Steve say about the pictures of Mr. Nesbitt?
5. On Tuesday, July 14, after Bobo's testimony, what does Steve think to himself about the reason so many of the men there are in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Lorelle Henry in the pharmacy?
2. How do Steve's parents act when they come to visit on Sunday the 12th?
3. What does Steve realize about why there are so many fights in prison after church on Sunday, July 12?
4. What is the visitors' room like?
5. What do the prisoners eat for breakfast on Sunday, July 12?
6. How does the medical examiner say Mr. Nesbitt died?
7. Once each lawyer has rested her case, Steve writes in his journal on Friday, July 17 that it's understandable why other prisoners are obsessed with appeals. What does he realize about their obsession?
8. What has O'Brien asked Steve to do when his response is to write down Mr. Sawicki's name twice?
9. Describe the type of music Steve writes in his journal on July 17th that he is going to put on the soundtrack of his film.
10. How do readers know what Steve's verdict is, based on the screenplay?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)