|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Detective Williams estimate Mr. Nesbitt weighed?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
2. What is the name of the prisoner who gave Detective Williams' partner a call with a tip about Bobo?
3. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
(a) Black and white, grainy.
4. What does "doing a calendar" in prison mean?
(a) Setting up a cleaning schedule.
(b) Getting your dates served tattooed on your arm.
(c) Serving a full year.
(d) Making hash marks on the wall.
5. What happens during the church service on Sunday, July 12th?
(a) A prisoner escapes.
(b) Steve is beaten.
(c) A fight breaks out.
(d) A minister is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petrocelli say about Bobo's attire when he comes into the courtroom to testify?
2. What is Steve's reaction to mopping the floor?
3. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
4. What does Steve think his mother is doing when she visits him on Sunday, July 12th?
5. How does Petrocelli frame Doctor Moody's answer about the cause of death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Steve is made to mop the floor?
2. What is Briggs' objection to what Bobo is wearing when he testifies?
3. What does O'Brien say about Petrocelli's bringing the crime scene photos out again just before the long weekend recess?
4. How is the visual image of the courtroom just before Steve's verdict is read represented?
5. Who is Eddie, and what is he accused of?
6. Describe the type of music Steve writes in his journal on July 17th that he is going to put on the soundtrack of his film.
7. Why did King visit Ms. Moore on the day of the crime?
8. What has O'Brien asked Steve to do when his response is to write down Mr. Sawicki's name twice?
9. When Briggs questions Henry about identifying King, what does she admit about the photographs the police showed her?
10. Once each lawyer has rested her case, Steve writes in his journal on Friday, July 17 that it's understandable why other prisoners are obsessed with appeals. What does he realize about their obsession?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)