|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "doing a calendar" in prison mean?
(a) Setting up a cleaning schedule.
(b) Serving a full year.
(c) Getting your dates served tattooed on your arm.
(d) Making hash marks on the wall.
2. In which prison or jail is Bobo serving time?
(b) Green Pastures.
3. What, according to Bobo, is a "heavy and a half"?
(a) Life with parole.
(b) Life without parole.
(c) Twenty five years to life.
(d) Seven and a half to ten years.
4. When Steve's mother comes to visit, how far does he say they are away from each other on either side of the visiting tables?
(a) 22 inches.
(b) 24 inches.
(c) 30 inches.
(d) 18 inches.
5. What, according to Bobo, is a "chrome"?
(a) A money clip.
(b) A search engine.
(c) A gun.
(d) A flashlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is King's verdict?
2. Where does Steve see Jerry on Sunday, July 12?
3. What do the prisoners have for breakfast on Sunday, July 12th?
4. The witness, Nipping, stipulates that Bobo uses predominately which hand?
5. When was Mr. Nesbitt's gun registered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did King visit Ms. Moore on the day of the crime?
2. What does O'Brien say about Petrocelli's bringing the crime scene photos out again just before the long weekend recess?
3. What does Steve realize about why there are so many fights in prison after church on Sunday, July 12?
4. Who owns thel gun used in the crime, and is it a legal gun?
5. How is the visual image of the courtroom just before Steve's verdict is read represented?
6. When Briggs questions Henry about identifying King, what does she admit about the photographs the police showed her?
7. What has O'Brien asked Steve to do when his response is to write down Mr. Sawicki's name twice?
8. Once each lawyer has rested her case, Steve writes in his journal on Friday, July 17 that it's understandable why other prisoners are obsessed with appeals. What does he realize about their obsession?
9. Why was Lorelle Henry in the pharmacy?
10. What is Sunset's verdict and sentence?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)