|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Petrocelli say about Bobo's attire when he comes into the courtroom to testify?
(a) That he combed his hair.
(b) That he refused to wear his prison jumpsuit.
(c) That he refused a suit.
(d) That he wanted to come naked.
2. On Tuesday, July 14, after Bobo's testimony, Steve says he can understand what about the prison guards?
(a) Why they make prisoners do disgusting chores.
(b) Why they want to get better jobs.
(c) Why they take away your shoelaces and belts.
(d) Why they make such awful food.
3. How much does Detective Williams estimate Mr. Nesbitt weighed?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 150 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
4. What does Steve think his mother is doing when she visits him on Sunday, July 12th?
(a) Crying about his guilt.
(b) Planning for his release.
(c) Mourning him like he is dead.
(d) Planning for his escape.
5. What is the name of the prisoner who joins Steve and the others on July 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Steve describe the look on his mother's face during the judge's instructions to the jury Friday Afternoon, July 17?
2. What, according to Bobo, is a "chrome"?
3. How does O'Brien act when Steve asks her what she is doing over the weekend of Saturday, July 11?
4. What item or items are found on the floor around Mr. Nesbitt's body?
5. What does O'Brien tell Steve about Bobo's testimony the day after Bobo testified?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does O'Brien say she is going to do on the weekend of the 11th?
2. How is the visual image of the courtroom just before Steve's verdict is read represented?
3. Why is Ms. Moore not at work the day King came to see her?
4. What does Steve realize about why there are so many fights in prison after church on Sunday, July 12?
5. On Sunday the 12th, how does Steve see his brother Jerry?
6. What is the visitors' room like?
7. What do the prisoners eat for breakfast on Sunday, July 12?
8. Who is Eddie, and what is he accused of?
9. What does Henry mean in the pretrial questioning when she says she is having trouble testifying that King was involved in the crime?
10. What has O'Brien asked Steve to do when his response is to write down Mr. Sawicki's name twice?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)