|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
2. Why does Steve start writing his own movie?
(a) To show he is not a monster.
(b) To get famous.
(c) To make sense of his life.
(d) To earn money.
3. What type of criminal charges against Wendell Bolton are dropped?
(a) Possession with intent to distribute.
(d) All of the above.
4. Who says that 'restaurants, liquor stores, and drugstores are the only things left in the neighborhood'?
5. What does O'Brien say to Steve after Osvaldo's testimony that makes him discouraged?
(a) That she knows what he is really like.
(b) That things look bad for him.
(c) That she thinks he is guilty.
(d) That Osvaldo is trustworthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ambulances respond to the drugstore crime?
2. What is the name of the "guy who is going on trial for killing his wife" whom Steve knows in prison?
3. According to Osvaldo's testimony, why did he participate in the robbery?
4. What reason does Steve provide for why two particular items are taken away from prisoners?
5. Why does the judge call for a break during the intense questioning of Wendell Bolton by Briggs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve say in his journal for Tuesday, July 7, that all the other prisoners are always talking about?
2. What does Wendell Bolden look and act like?
3. Why do prison officials take away prisoners' shoelaces and your belt?
4. When the newscaster in Steve's "notes" section of the screenplay asks a passerby if he is shocked by the crime, what is the man's response?
5. Why does Johnny, the ringleader of the eventual crime, want to rob a pharmacy instead of a bank?
6. Why is one of the other prisoners, Acie, not worried about his impending verdict?
7. What happens when a preacher comes to visit the prisoners?
8. What does Steve think his father's crying means?
9. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
10. How can Steve's lawyer be described?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)