|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the exterior shot in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7, who is the heavy woman accompanying the young men?
2. How old is Steve?
3. In the credits in Chapter 1, James King is credited as what?
(a) The Innocent.
(b) The Thug.
(c) The Criminal.
(d) The Hood.
4. According to Osvaldo, how old is Bobo?
5. In his journal from Wednesday, July 8, where does Steve say that he does not feel involved with his own case?
(a) In jail.
(b) At home.
(c) On the bus.
(d) In court.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the notes Steve writes just after his father leaves, what does he say he did at the drugstore?
2. How old is Steve's brother?
3. Why does Steve start writing his own movie?
4. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
5. Who says that 'restaurants, liquor stores, and drugstores are the only things left in the neighborhood'?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Detective Karyl describe the crime scene at the pharmacy?
2. When does Steve say he feels most involved with his case?
3. When Steve decides to write a movie, what does he say it will be a story of?
4. Why does Johnny, the ringleader of the eventual crime, want to rob a pharmacy instead of a bank?
5. Why is Steve not hungry on the morning of Monday, July 6?
6. Why is Steve's stomach upset on Wednesday, July 8?
7. When the newscaster in Steve's "notes" section of the screenplay asks a passerby if he is shocked by the crime, what is the man's response?
8. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
9. What happens when a preacher comes to visit the prisoners?
10. What is so shocking about Steve's father crying?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)