|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guards do after the prisoner starts a fight when the preacher visits?
(a) Put Steve in solitary confinement.
(b) Beat several prisoners.
(c) Put Lynch in solitary confinement.
(d) Turn off the television.
2. Why does Johnny think that "bank money is too serious?"
(a) Because the law cracks down harder on bank robberies.
(b) Because of the exchange rate.
(c) Because of the stimulus package.
(d) Because bank robberies involve guards.
3. Why does Briggs think it is strange that Evans would have told Wendell Bolton about the stolen goods?
(a) Because they did not know each other.
(b) Because they are long-time friends.
(c) Because Bolton was not in on the robbery.
(d) Because Bolton cannot be trusted.
4. What causes the delay in the trial on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) The stenographer quits.
(b) The stenographer brings the wrong power cord.
(c) The judge has a heart attack.
(d) The stenographer gets lost on the way to work.
5. Which superhero does Jerry think Steve should be?
(b) The Green Lantern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Steve start writing his own movie?
2. What reason does Steve provide for why two particular items are taken away from prisoners?
3. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
4. In the exterior shot in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7, who is the heavy woman accompanying the young men?
5. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Steve decides to write a movie, what does he say it will be a story of?
2. When Steve gets dressed for court on Thursday, July 9 and thinks of his mother, what is she doing?
3. In the first journal entry, why does Steve say he does not recognize himself?
4. Why does Johnny, the ringleader of the eventual crime, want to rob a pharmacy instead of a bank?
5. What does Wendell Bolden look and act like?
6. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
7. Why is Steve not hungry on the morning of Monday, July 6?
8. What does Steve think his father's crying means?
9. What does Steve say happens if anyone knows you are crying in prison?
10. When the newscaster in Steve's "notes" section of the screenplay asks a passerby if he is shocked by the crime, what is the man's response?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)