|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
(a) Bilking and Egressing.
(b) Breaking and Entering.
(c) Bully and Eduction.
(d) Batimore and East.
2. What does the woman prosecutor call Steve?
(a) Bad boy.
3. What does Steve notice about the mirror in his cell in the prologue?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It has names scratched into it.
(d) There is no mirror.
4. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
(a) Like Black or Hispanic voices.
(b) Like women's voices.
(c) Like gravelly voices.
(d) Like children's voices.
5. How does Detective Karyl describe the scene when he enters the drugstore?
(a) "Pretty gruesome."
(b) "All in a day's work."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kathy O'Brien tell Steve she was born?
2. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
3. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
4. Why does Briggs think it is strange that Evans would have told Wendell Bolton about the stolen goods?
5. The opening credits of the movie in Chapter 1 are designed to look like the opening credits of what famous film?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Detective Karyl describe the crime scene at the pharmacy?
2. In the prologue, Steve says "they say you get used to being in jail." What is Steve's take on this passage?
3. What does Steve say about why he thinks Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
4. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
5. When the newscaster in Steve's "notes" section of the screenplay asks a passerby if he is shocked by the crime, what is the man's response?
6. What does Wendell Bolden look and act like?
7. When Steve gets dressed for court on Thursday, July 9 and thinks of his mother, what is she doing?
8. What does Steve say happens if anyone knows you are crying in prison?
9. Why do prison officials take away prisoners' shoelaces and your belt?
10. When Steve decides to write a movie, what does he say it will be a story of?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)