|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action on Acie's part does Steve say really "got to me"?
2. Why does Johnny think that "bank money is too serious?"
(a) Because the law cracks down harder on bank robberies.
(b) Because of the stimulus package.
(c) Because of the exchange rate.
(d) Because bank robberies involve guards.
3. Who says that 'restaurants, liquor stores, and drugstores are the only things left in the neighborhood'?
4. What is Steve wearing when his father comes to visit him in prison?
(a) Shorts and t-shirt.
(b) A suit.
(c) An orange jumpsuit.
(d) Striped pajamas.
5. What is Steve doing in the screenplay when he overhears two women with accents from the neighborhood?
(a) Robbing a man.
(b) Doing homework.
(c) Playing basketball.
(d) Hanging out with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve notice about the other prisoners in his journal from Wednesday, July 8?
2. How old is Steve's brother?
3. What does Steve notice about the mirror in his cell in the prologue?
4. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
5. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve think his father's crying means?
2. How does Detective Karyl describe the crime scene at the pharmacy?
3. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
4. What does Mr. Nesbitt look like in the pictures the prosecution passes around to the jury?
5. What are the reasons, according to O'Brien, that Steve should take this trial "very, very seriously"?
6. What does Steve say happens if anyone knows you are crying in prison?
7. Why does the first shot of the movie (Monday, July 6) feature Steve lying with the blanket over his head?
8. What does Star Wars have to do with the way Steve designs the beginning of his film?
9. What does Wendell Bolden look and act like?
10. Describe the kind of movie Steve says it feels as if he has stepped into?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)