|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Steve's screenplay describes two women from the neighborhood, which accent do they have?
(a) Long Island.
(c) West Indian.
2. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
3. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Indifferent Attorney.
(c) District Attorney.
(d) Dedicated Prosecutor.
4. Why does Steve start writing his own movie?
(a) To make sense of his life.
(b) To get famous.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To show he is not a monster.
5. Which superhero does Jerry think Steve should be?
(b) The Green Lantern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny think that "bank money is too serious?"
2. In the credits in Chapter 1, James King is credited as what?
3. According to Osvaldo, how old is Bobo?
4. What has Steve never seen his father do?
5. Why is Steve having stomach problems on Wednesday, July 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve realize about why there are so many fights in prison after church on Sunday, July 12?
2. In his journal notes for Tuesday, July 7, why does Steve say he needs to keep thinking of the movie?
3. What happens when a preacher comes to visit the prisoners?
4. How does the typeface of Steve's journal entries indicate stress or special meaning on certain words?
5. Why does the first shot of the movie (Monday, July 6) feature Steve lying with the blanket over his head?
6. Why do the charges against Wendell Bolden get dropped?
7. In the prologue, Steve says "they say you get used to being in jail." What is Steve's take on this passage?
8. When does Steve say he feels most involved with his case?
9. In the first journal entry, why does Steve say he does not recognize himself?
10. What happens when Steve is made to mop the floor?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)