|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
(a) Have any friends.
(b) Recognize himself.
(c) Be in prison.
(d) Be able to breathe.
2. Why is the detective not going to read the affidavit on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He is on vacation.
(b) He is being transferred.
(c) He is having problems with a hemorrhoid operation.
(d) He is working on a serious case.
3. Where does "Woman 1" say she thinks the "old man who owned the place" is from?
(d) St. Kitts.
4. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
5. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
(a) Assistant D.A.
(b) District Doubter.
(c) Doubting Defense Attorney.
(d) Defense Attorney with Doubts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color suit is Steve wearing when Osvaldo identifies him in court?
2. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
3. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
4. Why does Acie say he stole the money?
5. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Detective Karyl describe the crime scene at the pharmacy?
2. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
3. What is James King's verdict and sentence?
4. Why do prison officials take away prisoners' shoelaces and your belt?
5. What has O'Brien asked Steve to do when his response is to write down Mr. Sawicki's name twice?
6. When O'Brien comes to see Steve on July 14 after Bobo's testimony, what does she say she has to now do in court to save Steve?
7. What does Steve's mother think about the films he is making?
8. What do the prisoners eat for breakfast on Sunday, July 12?
9. When the newscaster in Steve's "notes" section of the screenplay asks a passerby if he is shocked by the crime, what is the man's response?
10. What is Sunset's verdict and sentence?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)