|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
(b) Rikers Island.
(c) Manhattan Detention Center.
(d) Juvenile Hall.
2. How does Detective Karyl describe the scene when he enters the drugstore?
(a) "All in a day's work."
(d) "Pretty gruesome."
3. What does Briggs think Wendell Bolton's true motivation is for fingering King in the robbery?
(a) So he will be sent to a more friendly jail.
(b) So he can collect the reward.
(c) So his charges will be dropped.
(d) So he will get a more lenient sentence.
4. In his journal from Wednesday, July 8, where does Steve say that he does not feel involved with his own case?
(a) At home.
(b) On the bus.
(c) In jail.
(d) In court.
5. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
(a) Like gravelly voices.
(b) Like women's voices.
(c) Like children's voices.
(d) Like Black or Hispanic voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the exterior shot take place in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
2. According to Osvaldo, how old is he?
3. The opening credits of the movie in Chapter 1 are designed to look like the opening credits of what famous film?
4. What does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay want to do with the word 'Monster'?
5. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Steve decides to write a movie, what does he say it will be a story of?
2. What does Wendell Bolden look and act like?
3. Describe the kind of movie Steve says it feels as if he has stepped into?
4. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
5. In his journal notes for Tuesday, July 7, why does Steve say he needs to keep thinking of the movie?
6. Why is Steve not hungry on the morning of Monday, July 6?
7. What is Steve doing when the police come to arrest him and take him away from home?
8. In the prologue, Steve says "they say you get used to being in jail." What is Steve's take on this passage?
9. Why does the first shot of the movie (Monday, July 6) feature Steve lying with the blanket over his head?
10. What does Steve say about why he thinks Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)