|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Woman 1" say she thinks the "old man who owned the place" is from?
(b) St. Kitts.
2. Why does Johnny think that "bank money is too serious?"
(a) Because the law cracks down harder on bank robberies.
(b) Because of the stimulus package.
(c) Because of the exchange rate.
(d) Because bank robberies involve guards.
3. What does Steve say happens at breakfast in the prologue?
(a) A guy gets hit in the face with a tray.
(b) A prisoner escapes.
(c) A guy is stabbed with a fork.
(d) They run out of toast.
4. Where does the exterior shot take place in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
(a) 191st Street.
(b) 141st Street.
(c) 47th Street.
(d) Wall Street.
5. According to Steve's journal from Wednesday, July 8, what does Kathy O'Brien said her job is in the eyes of the jury?
(a) To remind them Steve is young.
(b) To remind them Steve is black.
(c) To make Steve look human.
(d) To make Steve look innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Osvaldo's testimony, why did he participate in the robbery?
2. What does "Woman 2" think the cause of the robbery probably was?
3. What is the subtitle of the movie listed in the credits in Chapter 1?
4. Why does the judge call for a break during the intense questioning of Wendell Bolton by Briggs?
5. What does O'Brien say to Steve after Osvaldo's testimony that makes him discouraged?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is one of the other prisoners, Acie, not worried about his impending verdict?
2. Why do prison officials take away prisoners' shoelaces and your belt?
3. When the newscaster in Steve's "notes" section of the screenplay asks a passerby if he is shocked by the crime, what is the man's response?
4. What is Steve doing when the police come to arrest him and take him away from home?
5. In the first journal entry, why does Steve say he does not recognize himself?
6. How does the typeface of Steve's journal entries indicate stress or special meaning on certain words?
7. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
8. When Steve gets dressed for court on Thursday, July 9 and thinks of his mother, what is she doing?
9. What does Steve think his father's crying means?
10. What does Mr. Nesbitt look like in the pictures the prosecution passes around to the jury?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)