|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steve says his movie will be not a story of his life, but a story of what?
(a) His parents' life story.
(b) His future.
(c) His past.
(d) His experience in prison.
2. In what is Steve writing down his story?
(a) On the walls of his cell.
(b) The margins of his Bible.
(c) On his arm.
(d) A notebook.
3. According to Steve's journal from Wednesday, July 8, what does Kathy O'Brien said her job is in the eyes of the jury?
(a) To make Steve look human.
(b) To make Steve look innocent.
(c) To remind them Steve is black.
(d) To remind them Steve is young.
4. How much does Wendell Bolton pay for the stolen goods from the drugstore robbery?
(a) 10 dollars each.
(b) 5 dollars each.
(c) 25 dollars each.
(d) 15 dollars each.
5. According to Osvaldo, how old is Bobo?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Steve in the prologue, when is the best time to cry?
2. Which two items are taken away from prisoners, according to Steve?
3. What causes the delay in the trial on Wednesday, July 8?
4. What does the woman prosecutor call Steve?
5. In the credits in Chapter 1, Osvaldo Cruz is credited as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the charges against Wendell Bolden get dropped?
2. In his journal notes for Tuesday, July 7, why does Steve say he needs to keep thinking of the movie?
3. Why is Steve's stomach upset on Wednesday, July 8?
4. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
5. How does the typeface of Steve's journal entries indicate stress or special meaning on certain words?
6. When does Steve say he feels most involved with his case?
7. How can Steve's lawyer be described?
8. Why does O'Brien say things are looking bad for Steve's case after Osvaldo's testimony?
9. What does Mr. Nesbitt look like in the pictures the prosecution passes around to the jury?
10. When Steve gets dressed for court on Thursday, July 9 and thinks of his mother, what is she doing?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)