|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
(a) They will talk about it and beat you up.
(b) They will talk about it only.
(c) They will also cry.
(d) They will beat you up only.
2. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
(a) At lunch.
(b) At nap time.
(c) At breakfast.
(d) When the lights go out.
3. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
(a) The credits.
(b) The middle.
(c) The climax.
(d) The beginning.
4. In the credits in Chapter 1, James King is credited as what?
(a) The Innocent.
(b) The Thug.
(c) The Hood.
(d) The Criminal.
5. How old is Steve's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action on Acie's part does Steve say really "got to me"?
2. On what street does Osvaldo live?
3. Why is the detective not going to read the affidavit on Wednesday, July 8?
4. What is Steve wearing when his father comes to visit him in prison?
5. Which two items are taken away from prisoners, according to Steve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Steve's stomach upset on Wednesday, July 8?
2. What is Steve doing when the police come to arrest him and take him away from home?
3. Why do the charges against Wendell Bolden get dropped?
4. What does Steve say about why he thinks Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
5. What does Mr. Nesbitt look like in the pictures the prosecution passes around to the jury?
6. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
7. Describe the kind of movie Steve says it feels as if he has stepped into?
8. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
9. Why is one of the other prisoners, Acie, not worried about his impending verdict?
10. Why does Johnny, the ringleader of the eventual crime, want to rob a pharmacy instead of a bank?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)