|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Acie say he stole the money?
(a) God told him it was OK.
(b) He wanted to buy a present for his mother.
(c) He wanted it.
(d) He needed it.
2. According to Osvaldo, how old is he?
3. How does Detective Karyl describe the scene when he enters the drugstore?
(a) "All in a day's work."
(d) "Pretty gruesome."
4. What does Briggs think Wendell Bolton's true motivation is for fingering King in the robbery?
(a) So he can collect the reward.
(b) So his charges will be dropped.
(c) So he will be sent to a more friendly jail.
(d) So he will get a more lenient sentence.
5. In what is Steve writing down his story?
(a) On his arm.
(b) A notebook.
(c) On the walls of his cell.
(d) The margins of his Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny think that "bank money is too serious?"
2. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
3. Who says that 'restaurants, liquor stores, and drugstores are the only things left in the neighborhood'?
4. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
5. The prologue of Monster is written in what style?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the kind of movie Steve says it feels as if he has stepped into?
2. Why is one of the other prisoners, Acie, not worried about his impending verdict?
3. What happens when a preacher comes to visit the prisoners?
4. When does Steve say he feels most involved with his case?
5. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
6. What does Wendell Bolden look and act like?
7. Why do the charges against Wendell Bolden get dropped?
8. What is so shocking about Steve's father crying?
9. How does Detective Karyl describe the crime scene at the pharmacy?
10. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)