|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Acie say about the verdict he expects?
(a) He wants to go free.
(b) He is innocent.
(c) He hopes to get life.
(d) He does not care.
2. Why does Steve start writing his own movie?
(a) To show he is not a monster.
(b) To make sense of his life.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To get famous.
3. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
(a) The middle.
(b) The credits.
(c) The beginning.
(d) The climax.
4. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what distinguishes their yells?
(a) It is very quiet.
(b) It is in foreign languages.
(c) It is very scary.
(d) Much of it is obscene.
5. When Steve decides to write a movie, where does he say he learned to block out scenes?
(a) In the prison library.
(b) At school.
(c) At home.
(d) From a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
2. Steve says prison is like what kind of movie?
3. What is Richard Evans' nickname in this book?
4. In the exterior shot in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7, who is the heavy woman accompanying the young men?
5. What is Steve wearing when his father comes to visit him in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Nesbitt look like in the pictures the prosecution passes around to the jury?
2. What does Star Wars have to do with the way Steve designs the beginning of his film?
3. What is so shocking about Steve's father crying?
4. When Steve gets dressed for court on Thursday, July 9 and thinks of his mother, what is she doing?
5. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
6. Why does the first shot of the movie (Monday, July 6) feature Steve lying with the blanket over his head?
7. What does Steve say about why he thinks Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
8. What does Steve think his father's crying means?
9. What does Wendell Bolden look and act like?
10. When the newscaster in Steve's "notes" section of the screenplay asks a passerby if he is shocked by the crime, what is the man's response?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)