|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street does Osvaldo live?
(a) 144th Street.
(b) 114 Street.
(c) Madison Avenue.
(d) 44th Street.
2. Why does Acie say he stole the money?
(a) He wanted it.
(b) He wanted to buy a present for his mother.
(c) God told him it was OK.
(d) He needed it.
3. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
(a) Recognize himself.
(b) Have any friends.
(c) Be in prison.
(d) Be able to breathe.
4. What crime is prisoner Acie accused of?
(b) Grand Theft Auto.
(d) Armed robbery of a check cashing place.
5. What does O'Brien say to Steve after Osvaldo's testimony that makes him discouraged?
(a) That she thinks he is guilty.
(b) That things look bad for him.
(c) That Osvaldo is trustworthy.
(d) That she knows what he is really like.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
2. Why does Steve think Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
3. When Steve decides to write a movie, where does he say he learned to block out scenes?
4. The opening credits of the movie in Chapter 1 are designed to look like the opening credits of what famous film?
5. How does Detective Karyl describe the scene when he enters the drugstore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reasons, according to O'Brien, that Steve should take this trial "very, very seriously"?
2. Why do the charges against Wendell Bolden get dropped?
3. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
4. How does Detective Karyl describe the crime scene at the pharmacy?
5. In his journal notes for Tuesday, July 7, why does Steve say he needs to keep thinking of the movie?
6. When the newscaster in Steve's "notes" section of the screenplay asks a passerby if he is shocked by the crime, what is the man's response?
7. What does Mr. Nesbitt look like in the pictures the prosecution passes around to the jury?
8. Why is Steve's stomach upset on Wednesday, July 8?
9. How can Steve's lawyer be described?
10. What is so shocking about Steve's father crying?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)