Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Detective Karyl describe the scene when he enters the drugstore?
(a) "Pretty gruesome."
(b) "All in a day's work."
2. Why does the judge call for a break during the intense questioning of Wendell Bolton by Briggs?
(a) To overrule Petrocelli.
(b) To calm down the juror.
(c) To calm down Briggs.
(d) To attend to administrative tasks.
3. During Karyl's testimony, there is a close up shot of crime scene photos. Which part of the victim's body can be seen in these photos?
4. What action on Acie's part does Steve say really "got to me"?
5. Where does the exterior shot take place in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
(a) 141st Street.
(b) 47th Street.
(c) 191st Street.
(d) Wall Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Steve think Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
2. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
3. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
4. What is the color of Petrocelli's suit in Chapter 1?
5. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve say in his journal for Tuesday, July 7, that all the other prisoners are always talking about?
2. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
3. Describe the kind of movie Steve says it feels as if he has stepped into?
4. What do the prisoners eat for breakfast on Sunday, July 12?
5. At the end of the book, why does Steve say he wants to make the films of himself?
6. What does Henry mean in the pretrial questioning when she says she is having trouble testifying that King was involved in the crime?
7. What does Steve say about why he thinks Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
8. Who owns thel gun used in the crime, and is it a legal gun?
9. What does Steve realize about why there are so many fights in prison after church on Sunday, July 12?
10. On Sunday the 12th, how does Steve see his brother Jerry?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)