|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the notes Steve writes just after his father leaves, what does he say he did at the drugstore?
(a) Go in and looked around.
(b) Robbed it.
(c) Destroyed the security cameras.
(d) Smashed the windows.
2. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
(a) Like children's voices.
(b) Like Black or Hispanic voices.
(c) Like women's voices.
(d) Like gravelly voices.
3. The stage directions refer to Wendell Bolden's hands as what?
(a) Large, ashy.
(b) Tiny, dry.
(c) Giant, dry.
(d) Sweaty, cracked.
4. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Snitch.
(c) The Louse.
(d) The Fink.
5. Why does Briggs think it is strange that Evans would have told Wendell Bolton about the stolen goods?
(a) Because Bolton was not in on the robbery.
(b) Because Bolton cannot be trusted.
(c) Because they did not know each other.
(d) Because they are long-time friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the exterior shot take place in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
2. How old is Steve?
3. What is Steve doing in the screenplay when he overhears two women with accents from the neighborhood?
4. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
5. Steve says his movie will be not a story of his life, but a story of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so shocking about Steve's father crying?
2. What does Steve say happens if anyone knows you are crying in prison?
3. What is Steve doing when the police come to arrest him and take him away from home?
4. What does Star Wars have to do with the way Steve designs the beginning of his film?
5. When Steve decides to write a movie, what does he say it will be a story of?
6. What does Steve say about why he thinks Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
7. Why does Johnny, the ringleader of the eventual crime, want to rob a pharmacy instead of a bank?
8. How does Detective Karyl describe the crime scene at the pharmacy?
9. In his journal notes for Tuesday, July 7, why does Steve say he needs to keep thinking of the movie?
10. Why does O'Brien say things are looking bad for Steve's case after Osvaldo's testimony?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)