|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guards do after the prisoner starts a fight when the preacher visits?
(a) Turn off the television.
(b) Put Lynch in solitary confinement.
(c) Put Steve in solitary confinement.
(d) Beat several prisoners.
2. How old is Mr. Nesbitt at the time of his murder?
3. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
(a) At lunch.
(b) At breakfast.
(c) At nap time.
(d) When the lights go out.
4. The opening credits of the movie in Chapter 1 are designed to look like the opening credits of what famous film?
(a) The Godfather.
(b) Blade Runner.
(c) The Lion King.
(d) Star Wars.
5. Where does "Woman 1" say she thinks the "old man who owned the place" is from?
(c) St. Kitts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is prisoner Acie accused of?
2. What does Steve notice about the other prisoners in his journal from Wednesday, July 8?
3. What is the name of the "guy who is going on trial for killing his wife" whom Steve knows in prison?
4. On what street does Osvaldo live?
5. What causes the delay in the trial on Wednesday, July 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Steve not hungry on the morning of Monday, July 6?
2. Why does O'Brien say things are looking bad for Steve's case after Osvaldo's testimony?
3. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
4. In the prologue, Steve says "they say you get used to being in jail." What is Steve's take on this passage?
5. Why do prison officials take away prisoners' shoelaces and your belt?
6. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
7. How does Detective Karyl describe the crime scene at the pharmacy?
8. What does Star Wars have to do with the way Steve designs the beginning of his film?
9. What does Steve say about why he thinks Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
10. When Steve decides to write a movie, what does he say it will be a story of?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)