|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
(a) "A good plan."
(b) "Rich parents."
(c) "A good job."
(d) "A nose for the cash."
2. The stage directions refer to Wendell Bolden's hands as what?
(a) Sweaty, cracked.
(b) Giant, dry.
(c) Tiny, dry.
(d) Large, ashy.
3. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
(a) Breaking and Entering.
(b) Bully and Eduction.
(c) Batimore and East.
(d) Bilking and Egressing.
4. Why is the detective not going to read the affidavit on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He is working on a serious case.
(b) He is on vacation.
(c) He is being transferred.
(d) He is having problems with a hemorrhoid operation.
5. Who says that 'restaurants, liquor stores, and drugstores are the only things left in the neighborhood'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the exterior shot take place in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
2. What do the guards do after the prisoner starts a fight when the preacher visits?
3. How many ambulances respond to the drugstore crime?
4. What is the subtitle of the movie listed in the credits in Chapter 1?
5. Why is Steve having stomach problems on Wednesday, July 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Star Wars have to do with the way Steve designs the beginning of his film?
2. Why do prison officials take away prisoners' shoelaces and your belt?
3. When does Steve say he feels most involved with his case?
4. Why does Johnny, the ringleader of the eventual crime, want to rob a pharmacy instead of a bank?
5. In the prologue, Steve says "they say you get used to being in jail." What is Steve's take on this passage?
6. Why do the charges against Wendell Bolden get dropped?
7. Why does the first shot of the movie (Monday, July 6) feature Steve lying with the blanket over his head?
8. What does Wendell Bolden look and act like?
9. When Steve decides to write a movie, what does he say it will be a story of?
10. How does Detective Karyl describe the crime scene at the pharmacy?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)