|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action on Acie's part does Steve say really "got to me"?
2. What does Acie say about the verdict he expects?
(a) He hopes to get life.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is innocent.
(d) He wants to go free.
3. According to Osvaldo's testimony, why did he participate in the robbery?
(a) Because he wanted money.
(b) Because he had never been in trouble before.
(c) Because he was afraid not to.
(d) Because he did not like Mr. Nesbitt.
4. What reason does Steve provide for why two particular items are taken away from prisoners?
(a) To prevent violence.
(b) To prevent recidivism.
(c) To prevent suicide.
(d) To encourage rehabilitation.
5. What is Steve's cot made out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
2. Why does Steve think Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
3. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
4. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
5. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so shocking about Steve's father crying?
2. Describe the kind of movie Steve says it feels as if he has stepped into?
3. What does Mr. Nesbitt look like in the pictures the prosecution passes around to the jury?
4. How can Steve's lawyer be described?
5. What does Steve think his father's crying means?
6. What does Steve say in his journal for Tuesday, July 7, that all the other prisoners are always talking about?
7. In his journal notes for Tuesday, July 7, why does Steve say he needs to keep thinking of the movie?
8. In the prologue, Steve says "they say you get used to being in jail." What is Steve's take on this passage?
9. When Steve gets dressed for court on Thursday, July 9 and thinks of his mother, what is she doing?
10. In the first journal entry, why does Steve say he does not recognize himself?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)