|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Louse.
(c) The Fink.
(d) The Snitch.
2. How old is Mr. Nesbitt at the time of his murder?
3. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
(a) "A good job."
(b) "A good plan."
(c) "A nose for the cash."
(d) "Rich parents."
4. What color suit is Steve wearing when Osvaldo identifies him in court?
5. Which two items are taken away from prisoners, according to Steve?
(a) Money and shoes.
(b) Shoes and shoelaces.
(c) Glasses and medicine.
(d) Shoelaces and belts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Steve's notes for Tuesday, July 7th, he notes that one prisoner has a knife. What is this knife actually made of?
2. Why does the judge call for a break during the intense questioning of Wendell Bolton by Briggs?
3. What does O'Brien say to Steve after Osvaldo's testimony that makes him discouraged?
4. How old is Steve?
5. Why does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay say he likes the screenplay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Star Wars have to do with the way Steve designs the beginning of his film?
2. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
3. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
4. What does Wendell Bolden look and act like?
5. What are the reasons, according to O'Brien, that Steve should take this trial "very, very seriously"?
6. When Steve gets dressed for court on Thursday, July 9 and thinks of his mother, what is she doing?
7. What does Steve say happens if anyone knows you are crying in prison?
8. Why is Steve not hungry on the morning of Monday, July 6?
9. Why do the charges against Wendell Bolden get dropped?
10. Why does Johnny, the ringleader of the eventual crime, want to rob a pharmacy instead of a bank?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)