|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
(a) The Louse.
(b) The Fink.
(c) The Snitch.
(d) The Rat.
2. Which superhero does Jerry think Steve should be?
(b) The Green Lantern.
3. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
(a) Razor blades.
4. What crime is prisoner Acie accused of?
(a) Grand Theft Auto.
(c) Armed robbery of a check cashing place.
5. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Brien say to Steve after Osvaldo's testimony that makes him discouraged?
2. Who is comforting whom at the end of the scene between Steve and his father?
3. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
4. According to Osvaldo, how old is Bobo?
5. What is Steve wearing when his father comes to visit him in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Steve does on film to vary his appearance or style?
2. When does Steve say he feels most involved with his case?
3. What does Henry mean in the pretrial questioning when she says she is having trouble testifying that King was involved in the crime?
4. How can Steve's lawyer be described?
5. In the first journal entry, why does Steve say he does not recognize himself?
6. Why does Johnny, the ringleader of the eventual crime, want to rob a pharmacy instead of a bank?
7. What is the visitors' room like?
8. When the newscaster in Steve's "notes" section of the screenplay asks a passerby if he is shocked by the crime, what is the man's response?
9. Who is Eddie, and what is he accused of?
10. What does Steve say happens if anyone knows you are crying in prison?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)