|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
(a) Defense Attorney with Doubts.
(b) District Doubter.
(c) Doubting Defense Attorney.
(d) Assistant D.A.
2. According to Steve in the prologue, when is the best time to cry?
(a) During visiting hours.
(b) In private.
(c) At night.
(d) In the morning.
3. The prologue of Monster is written in what style?
(c) Journal entry.
4. According to Osvaldo's testimony, why did he participate in the robbery?
(a) Because he was afraid not to.
(b) Because he had never been in trouble before.
(c) Because he wanted money.
(d) Because he did not like Mr. Nesbitt.
5. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
(a) "A good plan."
(b) "A good job."
(c) "A nose for the cash."
(d) "Rich parents."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve notice about the other prisoners in his journal from Wednesday, July 8?
2. According to Osvaldo, how old is he?
3. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
4. Who is the author of this book?
5. What is Steve's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Detective Karyl describe the crime scene at the pharmacy?
2. What happens when a preacher comes to visit the prisoners?
3. What is Steve doing when the police come to arrest him and take him away from home?
4. What does James King look like on the first day of the trial?
5. When does Steve say he feels most involved with his case?
6. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
7. Why do the charges against Wendell Bolden get dropped?
8. Why do prison officials take away prisoners' shoelaces and your belt?
9. When Steve decides to write a movie, what does he say it will be a story of?
10. In his journal notes for Tuesday, July 7, why does Steve say he needs to keep thinking of the movie?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)