|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is comforting whom at the end of the scene between Steve and his father?
(a) His father comforts Steve.
(b) Steve comforts his father.
(c) Sunset comforts Steve.
(d) A guard comforts Steve's father.
2. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
(a) "A good job."
(b) "A nose for the cash."
(c) "A good plan."
(d) "Rich parents."
3. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
(a) Like Black or Hispanic voices.
(b) Like gravelly voices.
(c) Like children's voices.
(d) Like women's voices.
4. According to Osvaldo, how old is he?
5. Why is the detective not going to read the affidavit on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He is on vacation.
(b) He is having problems with a hemorrhoid operation.
(c) He is working on a serious case.
(d) He is being transferred.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
2. Steve says in the prologue that every morning he feels what?
3. What is Richard Evans' nickname in this book?
4. Who is the author of this book?
5. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Star Wars have to do with the way Steve designs the beginning of his film?
2. In the first journal entry, why does Steve say he does not recognize himself?
3. What is Steve doing when the police come to arrest him and take him away from home?
4. How does the typeface of Steve's journal entries indicate stress or special meaning on certain words?
5. What kind of knife does one prisoner have? Describe it.
6. What happens when a preacher comes to visit the prisoners?
7. What does Steve say happens if anyone knows you are crying in prison?
8. Why is Steve's stomach upset on Wednesday, July 8?
9. When does Steve say he feels most involved with his case?
10. What does Steve say in his journal for Tuesday, July 7, that all the other prisoners are always talking about?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)