|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the screenplay scene Steve writes just after his mother leaves, what does King say he "just needs" in order to commit the robbery?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A lockpick.
(d) A lookout.
2. What does O'Brien tell Steve about Bobo's testimony the day after Bobo testified?
(a) None of these answers are correct.
(b) It exonerated Steve.
(c) It made the jury doubt the prosecution.
(d) It hurt their case.
3. When Steve's parents come to visit on Sunday, July 12th, what do they bring news of?
(a) His lawyers.
(c) Distant cousins.
(d) The neighborhood.
4. Whose name does Steve write down twice on his list on Tuesday, July 14?
(a) Ms. O'Brien's.
(b) Mr. Sawicki's.
(c) His father's.
5. What does Steve say about the pictures of Mr. Nesbitt?
(a) They scare him.
(b) They make him ill.
(c) They gross him out.
(d) They enthrall him.
6. When Bobo comes into the courtroom to testify and the lawyers are discussing him with the judge, what does the judge say he looks like?
(a) A nut job.
(b) A lunatic.
(c) A basket case.
(d) A crazy person.
7. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
(a) She cries.
(b) She slams her fist on the table.
(c) She yells.
(d) She lifts up her hands and closes her eyes.
8. How many guys go to the church service on Sunday, July 12th?
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Twenty five.
9. What is Bobo wearing when he comes into the courtroom to testify?
(a) A prison jumpsuit.
(b) A suit.
(d) A hat.
10. What have some people in Steve's neighborhood told his mother about Steve's lawyer?
(a) O'Brien is a bad lawyer.
(b) O'Brien is a good lawyer.
(c) They should have hired a white lawyer.
(d) They should have hired a black lawyer.
11. What do the prisoners have for breakfast on Sunday, July 12th?
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Corned beef hash.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
12. What is the bad trick O'Brien says Petrocelli is using during the note of Friday, July 10th?
(b) Putting Steve on the stand before a recess.
(c) Putting Bobo on the stand before a recess.
(d) Showing the jury the photographs twice before a recess.
13. How does Petrocelli frame Doctor Moody's answer about the cause of death?
(a) "He suffocated on his own blood."
(b) "His heart was torn apart."
(c) "He literally drowned in his own blood."
(d) "His lungs were removed."
14. How much does Detective Williams estimate Mr. Nesbitt weighed?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 150 pounds.
15. What does "doing a calendar" in prison mean?
(a) Serving a full year.
(b) Setting up a cleaning schedule.
(c) Getting your dates served tattooed on your arm.
(d) Making hash marks on the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Brien say she will do over the weekend of Saturday, July 11?
2. How is Steve's verdict communicated visually to the reader?
3. How does Steve describe the look on his mother's face during the judge's instructions to the jury Friday Afternoon, July 17?
4. What does O'Brien ask Steve to write down on Tuesday, July 14?
5. Why does Moore say she was not working the day Bobo came to see her?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)