|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object did Bobo bring to Moore?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A wad of cash.
(c) A carton of cigarettes.
(d) A gun.
2. The witness, Nipping, stipulates that Bobo uses predominately which hand?
(a) Both--he is ambidextrous.
(b) His right.
(c) His left.
(d) Neither--Nipping does not answer.
3. What is the woman holding in the image reproduced in the Sunday, July 12th section of this book?
(a) A gun.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A pen.
(d) A camera.
4. What does O'Brien say she has to find a way to do in the eyes of the jury, now that Bobo has testified?
(a) Separate Steve from herself.
(b) Separate Steve from Bobo.
(c) Separate Bobo from King.
(d) Separate Steve from King.
5. What do the prisoners have for breakfast on Sunday, July 12th?
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) Corned beef hash.
(d) All answers are correct.
6. What does Steve say about the pictures of Mr. Nesbitt?
(a) They gross him out.
(b) They enthrall him.
(c) They make him ill.
(d) They scare him.
7. How is Moore related to Bobo?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) She is Bobo's sister.
(c) She is Bobo's grandmother.
(d) She is Bobo's aunt.
8. What, according to Bobo, is a "heavy and a half"?
(a) Life with parole.
(b) Life without parole.
(c) Seven and a half to ten years.
(d) Twenty five years to life.
9. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
(a) Black and white, grainy.
10. What time do visiting hours start on Sundays?
(a) 1 P.M.
(b) 9 A.M.
(c) 4 P.M.
(d) 10 A.M.
11. What is the profession of the first witness Petrocelli calls on Monday, July 13th?
12. Why does Moore say she was not working the day Bobo came to see her?
(a) She had been laid off.
(b) She was using a vacation day.
(c) She had hurt her ankle.
(d) She had quit her job.
13. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
(a) She lifts up her hands and closes her eyes.
(b) She yells.
(c) She cries.
(d) She slams her fist on the table.
14. What is left in the cash register, according to Detective Williams?
(a) One dollar bills.
(c) Change and bills.
15. After the jury begins to deliberate on July 17, what does Steve say he is already planning?
(a) His appeal.
(b) His victory party.
(c) His next crime.
(d) His escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have some people in Steve's neighborhood told his mother about Steve's lawyer?
2. When was Mr. Nesbitt's gun registered?
3. What is the mood of Steve's parents when they come to visit him on Sunday, July 12th?
4. Why is Jerry not in the visitor's room?
5. On Tuesday, July 14, after Bobo's testimony, Steve says he can understand what about the prison guards?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)