|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the prisoners have for breakfast on Sunday, July 12th?
(a) Corned beef hash.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
2. What object did Bobo bring to Moore?
(a) A gun.
(b) A carton of cigarettes.
(c) A wad of cash.
(d) A lamp.
3. Which lawyer requests a sidebar when Bobo enters the courtroom to testify?
(b) None of the above.
4. What does O'Brien say she has to find a way to do in the eyes of the jury, now that Bobo has testified?
(a) Separate Steve from King.
(b) Separate Steve from Bobo.
(c) Separate Steve from herself.
(d) Separate Bobo from King.
5. In his journal after the jury has begun deliberating, what kind of instruments does Steve say he is going to put in the background of the movie?
6. Why does Moore say she was not working the day Bobo came to see her?
(a) She had hurt her ankle.
(b) She had been laid off.
(c) She had quit her job.
(d) She was using a vacation day.
7. In which prison or jail is Bobo serving time?
(c) Green Pastures.
8. When Steve's mother comes to visit, how far does he say they are away from each other on either side of the visiting tables?
(a) 24 inches.
(b) 18 inches.
(c) 30 inches.
(d) 22 inches.
9. What does "doing a calendar" in prison mean?
(a) Making hash marks on the wall.
(b) Getting your dates served tattooed on your arm.
(c) Setting up a cleaning schedule.
(d) Serving a full year.
10. What, according to Bobo, is a "chrome"?
(a) A search engine.
(b) A gun.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A money clip.
11. What is the name of the prisoner who joins Steve and the others on July 11?
12. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
(a) She yells.
(b) She slams her fist on the table.
(c) She cries.
(d) She lifts up her hands and closes her eyes.
13. What have some people in Steve's neighborhood told his mother about Steve's lawyer?
(a) They should have hired a black lawyer.
(b) O'Brien is a good lawyer.
(c) O'Brien is a bad lawyer.
(d) They should have hired a white lawyer.
14. What does Steve say about the pictures of Mr. Nesbitt?
(a) They gross him out.
(b) They scare him.
(c) They make him ill.
(d) They enthrall him.
15. What kind of sports game is on TV Sunday, July 12th, which Steve said does not "look real"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the witness whose last name is Moore?
2. What is the verdict in Sunset's trial?
3. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
4. Whose name does Steve write down twice on his list on Tuesday, July 14?
5. How does Steve describe the look on his mother's face during the judge's instructions to the jury Friday Afternoon, July 17?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)