|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Steve's mom bring with her when visiting Steve?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Bhagavad Gita.
(d) The Koran.
2. After the jury begins to deliberate on July 17, what does Steve say he is already planning?
(a) His appeal.
(b) His victory party.
(c) His escape.
(d) His next crime.
3. Why, according to Bobo, is he in jail?
(a) Petty larceny.
(c) Selling drugs.
(d) Grand theft auto.
4. According to Lorelle Henry, how many men are in the lineup?
5. What does Steve think his mother is doing when she visits him on Sunday, July 12th?
(a) Planning for his escape.
(b) Planning for his release.
(c) Crying about his guilt.
(d) Mourning him like he is dead.
6. How many guys go to the church service on Sunday, July 12th?
(a) Two hundred.
(c) Twenty five.
7. What does O'Brien say she will do over the weekend of Saturday, July 11?
(a) Watch her niece play soccer.
(b) Watch her niece play little league.
(c) Watch her nephew play little league.
(d) Watch her nephew play soccer.
8. Where does Steve see Jerry on Sunday, July 12?
(a) At church.
(b) Through the window.
(c) In the mess hall.
(d) In the visitor's room.
9. What does "doing a calendar" in prison mean?
(a) Making hash marks on the wall.
(b) Setting up a cleaning schedule.
(c) Getting your dates served tattooed on your arm.
(d) Serving a full year.
10. What, according to Bobo, is a "heavy and a half"?
(a) Life without parole.
(b) Life with parole.
(c) Twenty five years to life.
(d) Seven and a half to ten years.
11. When was Mr. Nesbitt's gun registered?
(a) Never. It was illegal.
(b) August, 1995.
(c) August, 1999.
(d) August, 1989.
12. What is the mood of Steve's parents when they come to visit him on Sunday, July 12th?
13. What do the prisoners have for breakfast on Sunday, July 12th?
(a) Corned beef hash.
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) All answers are correct.
14. When Bobo comes into the courtroom to testify and the lawyers are discussing him with the judge, what does the judge say he looks like?
(a) A basket case.
(b) A lunatic.
(c) A crazy person.
(d) A nut job.
15. What does Petrocelli say about Bobo's attire when he comes into the courtroom to testify?
(a) That he combed his hair.
(b) That he refused to wear his prison jumpsuit.
(c) That he refused a suit.
(d) That he wanted to come naked.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Steve describe the look on his mother's face during the judge's instructions to the jury Friday Afternoon, July 17?
2. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
3. What is the name of the prisoner who joins Steve and the others on July 11?
4. How does O'Brien act when Steve asks her what she is doing over the weekend of Saturday, July 11?
5. What is Bobo wearing when he comes into the courtroom to testify?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)