|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the screenplay scene Steve writes just after his mother leaves, what does King say he "just needs" in order to commit the robbery?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A lookout.
(d) A lockpick.
2. Which lawyer requests a sidebar when Bobo enters the courtroom to testify?
(c) None of the above.
3. When Steve's mother comes to visit, how far does he say they are away from each other on either side of the visiting tables?
(a) 30 inches.
(b) 24 inches.
(c) 22 inches.
(d) 18 inches.
4. What happened to the object Bobo gave Moore the day he came to visit her?
(a) It broke.
(b) Moore gave it to a cousin.
(c) It was confiscated by police.
(d) Bobo took it back.
5. How does Steve describe the look on his mother's face during the judge's instructions to the jury Friday Afternoon, July 17?
6. What is the first name of the witness whose last name is Moore?
7. When Bobo comes into the courtroom to testify and the lawyers are discussing him with the judge, what does the judge say he looks like?
(a) A crazy person.
(b) A lunatic.
(c) A basket case.
(d) A nut job.
8. What does O'Brien ask Steve to write down on Tuesday, July 14?
(a) The names of people who have wronged him.
(b) The names of the people whom he loves, who love him and whom he admires.
(c) The names of people whom he would like to never see again.
(d) The names of people he would like to apologize to.
9. What is Steve's reaction to mopping the floor?
(a) It makes him sick.
(b) It makes him sorry.
(c) It helps pass the time.
(d) It makes him tired.
10. What do the prisoners have for breakfast on Sunday, July 12th?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Corned beef hash.
11. How much does Detective Williams estimate Mr. Nesbitt weighed?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
12. In his journal after the jury has begun deliberating, what kind of instruments does Steve say he is going to put in the background of the movie?
13. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
(a) She slams her fist on the table.
(b) She lifts up her hands and closes her eyes.
(c) She cries.
(d) She yells.
14. On Tuesday, July 14, after Bobo's testimony, what does Steve think to himself about the reason so many of the men there are in jail?
(a) Because someone lied to them.
(b) Because they lie to themselves.
(c) Because they lie to the judge.
(d) Because they lie to each other.
15. What kind of sports game is on TV Sunday, July 12th, which Steve said does not "look real"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Brien say she has to find a way to do in the eyes of the jury, now that Bobo has testified?
2. The witness, Nipping, stipulates that Bobo uses predominately which hand?
3. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
4. How many guys go to the church service on Sunday, July 12th?
5. What is Bobo wearing when he comes into the courtroom to testify?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)