|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is King's verdict communicated to the reader?
(a) With a voice over.
(b) Through a close-up shot of the foreman.
(c) With a newspaper headline.
(d) Guards handcuff him.
2. Why, according to Bobo, is he in jail?
(b) Grand theft auto.
(c) Selling drugs.
(d) Petty larceny.
3. What game do the guys in Steve's cell play on Saturday, July 11?
(d) Dirty hearts.
4. What is the mood of Steve's parents when they come to visit him on Sunday, July 12th?
5. What time do visiting hours start on Sundays?
(a) 1 P.M.
(b) 9 A.M.
(c) 10 A.M.
(d) 4 P.M.
6. What is the first name of the witness whose last name is Moore?
7. Where does Steve see Jerry on Sunday, July 12?
(a) At church.
(b) In the visitor's room.
(c) Through the window.
(d) In the mess hall.
8. In his journal after the jury has begun deliberating, what kind of instruments does Steve say he is going to put in the background of the movie?
9. The witness, Nipping, stipulates that Bobo uses predominately which hand?
(a) Neither--Nipping does not answer.
(b) His right.
(c) His left.
(d) Both--he is ambidextrous.
10. On Tuesday, July 14, after Bobo's testimony, Steve says he can understand what about the prison guards?
(a) Why they make prisoners do disgusting chores.
(b) Why they take away your shoelaces and belts.
(c) Why they make such awful food.
(d) Why they want to get better jobs.
11. Which side of Mr. Nesbitt's body do the bullets enter?
12. Why is Jerry not in the visitor's room?
(a) He escaped.
(b) He is not allowed.
(c) He had to go to church.
(d) He does not visit.
13. What does O'Brien say she will do over the weekend of Saturday, July 11?
(a) Watch her nephew play soccer.
(b) Watch her niece play little league.
(c) Watch her niece play soccer.
(d) Watch her nephew play little league.
14. What item or items are found on the floor around Mr. Nesbitt's body?
(a) Food containers.
(b) Cartons of cigarettes.
(c) Bloody gloves.
(d) Pill bottles.
15. How much does Detective Williams estimate Mr. Nesbitt weighed?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 150 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moore say she was not working the day Bobo came to see her?
2. How is Moore related to Bobo?
3. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
4. In the screenplay scene Steve writes just after his mother leaves, what does King say he "just needs" in order to commit the robbery?
5. What is left in the cash register, according to Detective Williams?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)