|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
(a) She yells.
(b) She lifts up her hands and closes her eyes.
(c) She slams her fist on the table.
(d) She cries.
2. What have some people in Steve's neighborhood told his mother about Steve's lawyer?
(a) They should have hired a white lawyer.
(b) O'Brien is a bad lawyer.
(c) They should have hired a black lawyer.
(d) O'Brien is a good lawyer.
3. How is Moore related to Bobo?
(a) She is Bobo's aunt.
(b) She is Bobo's sister.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) She is Bobo's grandmother.
4. Why is Jerry not in the visitor's room?
(a) He escaped.
(b) He is not allowed.
(c) He had to go to church.
(d) He does not visit.
5. What happens during the church service on Sunday, July 12th?
(a) Steve is beaten.
(b) A fight breaks out.
(c) A minister is killed.
(d) A prisoner escapes.
6. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
(d) Black and white, grainy.
7. How much does Detective Williams estimate Mr. Nesbitt weighed?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 150 pounds.
8. What is the woman holding in the image reproduced in the Sunday, July 12th section of this book?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A gun.
(c) A pen.
(d) A camera.
9. How many guys go to the church service on Sunday, July 12th?
(b) Two hundred.
(d) Twenty five.
10. What is Steve's verdict?
(c) Not guilty.
(d) Not guilty by reason of insanity.
11. How is Steve's verdict communicated visually to the reader?
(a) The guards hit him.
(b) The guards unlock his handcuffs.
(c) The guards cuff him.
(d) The guards move away from him.
12. When Bobo comes into the courtroom to testify and the lawyers are discussing him with the judge, what does the judge say he looks like?
(a) A nut job.
(b) A basket case.
(c) A lunatic.
(d) A crazy person.
13. Who is the first witness Petrocelli calls on Monday, July 13th?
(b) Lorelle Henry.
14. Which side of Mr. Nesbitt's body do the bullets enter?
15. What game do the guys in Steve's cell play on Saturday, July 11?
(c) Dirty hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Petrocelli frame Doctor Moody's answer about the cause of death?
2. On July 17, what kind of decision does Petrocelli say Steve has made?
3. What is the bad trick O'Brien says Petrocelli is using during the note of Friday, July 10th?
4. On Tuesday, July 14, after Bobo's testimony, what does Steve think to himself about the reason so many of the men there are in jail?
5. What does O'Brien say she has to find a way to do in the eyes of the jury, now that Bobo has testified?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)