|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is King's verdict communicated to the reader?
(a) With a voice over.
(b) With a newspaper headline.
(c) Through a close-up shot of the foreman.
(d) Guards handcuff him.
2. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
(a) She lifts up her hands and closes her eyes.
(b) She yells.
(c) She slams her fist on the table.
(d) She cries.
3. What is the woman holding in the image reproduced in the Sunday, July 12th section of this book?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A camera.
(c) A gun.
(d) A pen.
4. Who does Steve attempt to hug when he hears his verdict?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. How many guys does Steve have to mop the floor with?
6. What does O'Brien tell Steve about Bobo's testimony the day after Bobo testified?
(a) It hurt their case.
(b) It made the jury doubt the prosecution.
(c) None of these answers are correct.
(d) It exonerated Steve.
7. What is the verdict in Sunset's trial?
(c) Not Guilty.
8. What, according to Bobo, is a "chrome"?
(a) A search engine.
(b) A gun.
(c) A money clip.
(d) A flashlight.
9. What object did Bobo bring to Moore?
(a) A gun.
(b) A carton of cigarettes.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A wad of cash.
10. On July 17, what kind of decision does Petrocelli say Steve has made?
(a) A bad one.
(b) An ethical one.
(c) An immoral one.
(d) A moral one.
11. When Steve's parents come to visit on Sunday, July 12th, what do they bring news of?
(a) His lawyers.
(b) Distant cousins.
(d) The neighborhood.
12. What time do visiting hours start on Sundays?
(a) 4 P.M.
(b) 9 A.M.
(c) 10 A.M.
(d) 1 P.M.
13. When Steve's mother comes to visit, how far does he say they are away from each other on either side of the visiting tables?
(a) 22 inches.
(b) 24 inches.
(c) 18 inches.
(d) 30 inches.
14. To whom is Mr. Nesbitt's gun registered?
(a) To his wife.
(b) To his landlord.
(c) To himself.
(d) To his daughter.
15. Why, according to Bobo, is he in jail?
(a) Petty larceny.
(c) Selling drugs.
(d) Grand theft auto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do the guys in Steve's cell play on Saturday, July 11?
2. On Tuesday, July 14, after Bobo's testimony, Steve says he can understand what about the prison guards?
3. When was Mr. Nesbitt's gun registered?
4. What is the bad trick O'Brien says Petrocelli is using during the note of Friday, July 10th?
5. What is Steve's reaction to mopping the floor?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)