|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
(d) Black and white, grainy.
2. How is Moore related to Bobo?
(a) She is Bobo's grandmother.
(b) She is Bobo's aunt.
(c) She is Bobo's sister.
(d) They are cousins.
3. Where does Steve see Jerry on Sunday, July 12?
(a) Through the window.
(b) In the visitor's room.
(c) At church.
(d) In the mess hall.
4. What have some people in Steve's neighborhood told his mother about Steve's lawyer?
(a) O'Brien is a good lawyer.
(b) They should have hired a white lawyer.
(c) They should have hired a black lawyer.
(d) O'Brien is a bad lawyer.
5. What does Steve's mother do when the verdict is read?
(a) She slams her fist on the table.
(b) She lifts up her hands and closes her eyes.
(c) She cries.
(d) She yells.
6. What object did Bobo bring to Moore?
(a) A gun.
(b) A carton of cigarettes.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A wad of cash.
7. What happened to the object Bobo gave Moore the day he came to visit her?
(a) Moore gave it to a cousin.
(b) It was confiscated by police.
(c) Bobo took it back.
(d) It broke.
8. What kind of sports game is on TV Sunday, July 12th, which Steve said does not "look real"?
9. On July 17, what kind of decision does Petrocelli say Steve has made?
(a) An ethical one.
(b) An immoral one.
(c) A bad one.
(d) A moral one.
10. What does O'Brien ask Steve to write down on Tuesday, July 14?
(a) The names of the people whom he loves, who love him and whom he admires.
(b) The names of people who have wronged him.
(c) The names of people whom he would like to never see again.
(d) The names of people he would like to apologize to.
11. How does Petrocelli frame Doctor Moody's answer about the cause of death?
(a) "His heart was torn apart."
(b) "His lungs were removed."
(c) "He literally drowned in his own blood."
(d) "He suffocated on his own blood."
12. Why does Moore say she was not working the day Bobo came to see her?
(a) She was using a vacation day.
(b) She had hurt her ankle.
(c) She had quit her job.
(d) She had been laid off.
13. What does Steve say about the pictures of Mr. Nesbitt?
(a) They scare him.
(b) They make him ill.
(c) They enthrall him.
(d) They gross him out.
14. What book does Steve's mom bring with her when visiting Steve?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Bhagavad Gita.
(d) The Torah.
15. How is Steve's verdict communicated visually to the reader?
(a) The guards unlock his handcuffs.
(b) The guards cuff him.
(c) The guards move away from him.
(d) The guards hit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of Steve's parents when they come to visit him on Sunday, July 12th?
2. In the screenplay scene Steve writes just after his mother leaves, what does King say he "just needs" in order to commit the robbery?
3. On Tuesday, July 14, after Bobo's testimony, what does Steve think to himself about the reason so many of the men there are in jail?
4. To whom is Mr. Nesbitt's gun registered?
5. Why, according to Bobo, is he in jail?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)