|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side of Mr. Nesbitt's body do the bullets enter?
2. What is King's verdict?
(b) Hung jury.
(d) Not guilty.
3. In which prison or jail is Bobo serving time?
(c) Green Pastures.
4. How is Steve's verdict communicated visually to the reader?
(a) The guards hit him.
(b) The guards cuff him.
(c) The guards move away from him.
(d) The guards unlock his handcuffs.
5. What is Steve's reaction to mopping the floor?
(a) It makes him sick.
(b) It makes him tired.
(c) It makes him sorry.
(d) It helps pass the time.
6. What is the name of the prisoner who gave Detective Williams' partner a call with a tip about Bobo?
7. What game do the guys in Steve's cell play on Saturday, July 11?
(b) Dirty hearts.
8. What is Bobo wearing when he comes into the courtroom to testify?
(a) A suit.
(b) A prison jumpsuit.
(d) A hat.
9. Who does Steve attempt to hug when he hears his verdict?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
10. On Tuesday, July 14, after Bobo's testimony, what does Steve think to himself about the reason so many of the men there are in jail?
(a) Because they lie to the judge.
(b) Because they lie to each other.
(c) Because someone lied to them.
(d) Because they lie to themselves.
11. On July 17, what kind of decision does Petrocelli say Steve has made?
(a) A moral one.
(b) An immoral one.
(c) An ethical one.
(d) A bad one.
12. What book does Steve's mom bring with her when visiting Steve?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Bhagavad Gita.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Bible.
13. During Lorelle Henry's testimony, where does she say she was bringing her granddaughter?
(a) To school.
(b) To Harlem Hospital.
(c) To Greenwich Hospital.
(d) To the museum.
14. When was Mr. Nesbitt's gun registered?
(a) August, 1999.
(b) August, 1995.
(c) August, 1989.
(d) Never. It was illegal.
15. How is King's verdict communicated to the reader?
(a) With a voice over.
(b) With a newspaper headline.
(c) Through a close-up shot of the foreman.
(d) Guards handcuff him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the prisoners have for breakfast on Sunday, July 12th?
2. What does "doing a calendar" in prison mean?
3. When Bobo comes into the courtroom to testify and the lawyers are discussing him with the judge, what does the judge say he looks like?
4. What does O'Brien ask Steve to write down on Tuesday, July 14?
5. What is the mood of Steve's parents when they come to visit him on Sunday, July 12th?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)