|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Briggs think it is strange that Evans would have told Wendell Bolton about the stolen goods?
(a) Because Bolton was not in on the robbery.
(b) Because they did not know each other.
(c) Because they are long-time friends.
(d) Because Bolton cannot be trusted.
2. In the credits in Chapter 1, James King is credited as what?
(a) The Criminal.
(b) The Hood.
(c) The Thug.
(d) The Innocent.
3. How does Detective Karyl describe the scene when he enters the drugstore?
(b) "All in a day's work."
(c) "Pretty gruesome."
4. Steve's father tells Steve that although he had never made the team for this sport, he hopes Steve will. What sport is he talking about?
5. What does Briggs think Wendell Bolton's true motivation is for fingering King in the robbery?
(a) So he can collect the reward.
(b) So he will be sent to a more friendly jail.
(c) So he will get a more lenient sentence.
(d) So his charges will be dropped.
6. What does Steve say about the camera in the kind of movie he feels his life is like in the prologue?
(a) That it is a hidden camera.
(b) That it is a broken camera.
(c) That it moves in too close.
(d) That it stays far away.
7. What is Steve doing in the screenplay when he overhears two women with accents from the neighborhood?
(a) Playing basketball.
(b) Doing homework.
(c) Hanging out with friends.
(d) Robbing a man.
8. Which prisoner is sitting on the toilet in the first chapter?
9. What is the name of the prisoner who starts a fight with the preacher visiting the jail?
10. Who is comforting whom at the end of the scene between Steve and his father?
(a) A guard comforts Steve's father.
(b) Sunset comforts Steve.
(c) Steve comforts his father.
(d) His father comforts Steve.
11. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
12. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
(a) Batimore and East.
(b) Breaking and Entering.
(c) Bilking and Egressing.
(d) Bully and Eduction.
13. According to Steve in the prologue, when is the best time to cry?
(a) In private.
(b) During visiting hours.
(c) At night.
(d) In the morning.
14. What is Steve's last name?
15. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
(a) Rikers Island.
(c) Manhattan Detention Center.
(d) Juvenile Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Steve's brother?
2. What does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay want to do with the word 'Monster'?
3. In the prologue, Steve is surprised that the prisoners still do what, even though they are strangers?
4. What does O'Brien say to Steve after Osvaldo's testimony that makes him discouraged?
5. What crime is prisoner Acie accused of?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)