|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steve says his movie will be not a story of his life, but a story of what?
(a) His experience in prison.
(b) His parents' life story.
(c) His future.
(d) His past.
2. Why does Steve think Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
(a) Because it will lead to him and King.
(b) Because O'Brien cannot object.
(c) Because he is a criminal and also black.
(d) Because Petrocelli is a liar.
3. What is the name of the "guy who is going on trial for killing his wife" whom Steve knows in prison?
4. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
(a) The Fink.
(b) The Snitch.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Louse.
5. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
(a) 15 years and 3 months.
(b) 24 years and 6 months.
(c) 21 years and 3 months.
(d) 20 years.
6. What does O'Brien say a termite looks like?
(a) A cockroach with extra legs.
(b) An earwig with wings.
(c) An ant with wings.
(d) A honeybee.
7. What does Briggs think Wendell Bolton's true motivation is for fingering King in the robbery?
(a) So he will get a more lenient sentence.
(b) So his charges will be dropped.
(c) So he can collect the reward.
(d) So he will be sent to a more friendly jail.
8. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
(a) Doubting Defense Attorney.
(b) District Doubter.
(c) Defense Attorney with Doubts.
(d) Assistant D.A.
9. What is the name of the prisoner who starts a fight with the preacher visiting the jail?
10. What does Steve say happens at breakfast in the prologue?
(a) A guy gets hit in the face with a tray.
(b) A prisoner escapes.
(c) They run out of toast.
(d) A guy is stabbed with a fork.
11. What type of criminal charges against Wendell Bolton are dropped?
(a) All of the above.
(d) Possession with intent to distribute.
12. Where does "Woman 1" say she thinks the "old man who owned the place" is from?
(b) St. Kitts.
13. What reason does Steve provide for why two particular items are taken away from prisoners?
(a) To encourage rehabilitation.
(b) To prevent recidivism.
(c) To prevent violence.
(d) To prevent suicide.
14. What is Richard Evans' nickname in this book?
15. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what distinguishes their yells?
(a) Much of it is obscene.
(b) It is in foreign languages.
(c) It is very quiet.
(d) It is very scary.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Steve's journal from Wednesday, July 8, what does Kathy O'Brien said her job is in the eyes of the jury?
2. What is Steve doing in the screenplay when he overhears two women with accents from the neighborhood?
3. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
4. The stage directions refer to Wendell Bolden's hands as what?
5. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)