|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the credits in Chapter 1, Osvaldo Cruz is credited as what?
(a) Tough Guy Wannabe.
(c) Tough Guy.
2. What is Steve's cot made out of?
3. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
(a) Razor blades.
4. When Steve decides to write a movie, where does he say he learned to block out scenes?
(a) At school.
(b) From a book.
(c) In the prison library.
(d) At home.
5. What is the name of the prisoner who starts a fight with the preacher visiting the jail?
6. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
(a) Like children's voices.
(b) Like gravelly voices.
(c) Like Black or Hispanic voices.
(d) Like women's voices.
7. In Steve's notes for Tuesday, July 7th, he notes that one prisoner has a knife. What is this knife actually made of?
(a) A pen.
(b) A hairbursh handle.
(c) A toothbrush handle.
(d) A shoe.
8. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
(a) The credits.
(b) The climax.
(c) The middle.
(d) The beginning.
9. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 21 years and 3 months.
(c) 15 years and 3 months.
(d) 24 years and 6 months.
10. What does O'Brien say to Steve after Osvaldo's testimony that makes him discouraged?
(a) That she thinks he is guilty.
(b) That she knows what he is really like.
(c) That Osvaldo is trustworthy.
(d) That things look bad for him.
11. What causes the delay in the trial on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) The stenographer brings the wrong power cord.
(b) The stenographer quits.
(c) The judge has a heart attack.
(d) The stenographer gets lost on the way to work.
12. The prologue of Monster is written in what style?
(a) Journal entry.
13. Why is Steve having stomach problems on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He has allergies.
(c) The prison food is bad.
(d) He cannot use the bathroom in front of the other prisoners.
14. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what distinguishes their yells?
(a) Much of it is obscene.
(b) It is very scary.
(c) It is in foreign languages.
(d) It is very quiet.
15. Who is comforting whom at the end of the scene between Steve and his father?
(a) Sunset comforts Steve.
(b) Steve comforts his father.
(c) A guard comforts Steve's father.
(d) His father comforts Steve.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Steve in the prologue, when is the best time to cry?
2. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
3. What is the name of the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay?
4. Why does the judge call for a break during the intense questioning of Wendell Bolton by Briggs?
5. What color suit is Steve wearing when Osvaldo identifies him in court?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)