|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steve says prison is like what kind of movie?
(a) A horror movie.
(b) A movie in technicolor.
(c) A movie with no plot and no beginning.
(d) A made-for-television movie.
2. In the credits in Chapter 1, James King is credited as what?
(a) The Thug.
(b) The Innocent.
(c) The Hood.
(d) The Criminal.
3. What is Steve doing in the screenplay when he overhears two women with accents from the neighborhood?
(a) Hanging out with friends.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Doing homework.
(d) Robbing a man.
4. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
(a) 15 years and 3 months.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 21 years and 3 months.
(d) 24 years and 6 months.
5. What does "Woman 2" think the cause of the robbery probably was?
(a) Prescription drug addiction.
(b) Crack addiction.
(c) Herion addiction.
(d) Gambling addiction.
6. Where does Kathy O'Brien tell Steve she was born?
7. When Steve decides to write a movie, where does he say he learned to block out scenes?
(a) From a book.
(b) At home.
(c) In the prison library.
(d) At school.
8. What does Steve say about the camera in the kind of movie he feels his life is like in the prologue?
(a) That it moves in too close.
(b) That it is a hidden camera.
(c) That it stays far away.
(d) That it is a broken camera.
9. Which superhero does Jerry think Steve should be?
(a) The Green Lantern.
10. According to Steve's journal from Wednesday, July 8, what does Kathy O'Brien said her job is in the eyes of the jury?
(a) To make Steve look innocent.
(b) To remind them Steve is young.
(c) To make Steve look human.
(d) To remind them Steve is black.
11. What does the woman prosecutor call Steve?
(b) Bad boy.
12. What is the name of the prisoner who starts a fight with the preacher visiting the jail?
13. According to Osvaldo, how old is Bobo?
14. What is Steve worried that his father sees when he looks down at him?
(a) A monster.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A son.
(d) A mistake.
15. What crime is prisoner Acie accused of?
(b) Grand Theft Auto.
(c) Armed robbery of a check cashing place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Osvaldo Cruz is a member of which gang?
2. When Steve's screenplay describes two women from the neighborhood, which accent do they have?
3. In the exterior shot in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7, who is the heavy woman accompanying the young men?
4. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
5. What is the subtitle of the movie listed in the credits in Chapter 1?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)