|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay want to do with the word 'Monster'?
(a) Write a book called "Monster."
(b) Change his name to Monster.
(c) Tattoo it on his forehead.
(d) Learn to say it in different languages.
2. What is the color of Petrocelli's suit in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Walter Dean.
(b) Walter Dean Myers.
(c) Dean Myers.
(d) Dean Walters.
4. What stolen goods does Wendell Bolton buy?
(a) Razor blades.
(b) Cartons of cigarettes.
(c) Bottles of alcohol.
(d) Boxes of cigars.
5. What is the subtitle of the movie listed in the credits in Chapter 1?
(a) The Story of Steve's Mistakes.
(b) The Story of My Miserable Life.
(c) The Monstrosities of Prison.
(d) The Story of Mr. Nesbitt's Murder.
6. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
7. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what distinguishes their yells?
(a) It is very scary.
(b) Much of it is obscene.
(c) It is in foreign languages.
(d) It is very quiet.
8. Which two items are taken away from prisoners, according to Steve?
(a) Shoelaces and belts.
(b) Glasses and medicine.
(c) Money and shoes.
(d) Shoes and shoelaces.
9. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
(a) At lunch.
(b) At nap time.
(c) At breakfast.
(d) When the lights go out.
10. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
(a) Rikers Island.
(c) Juvenile Hall.
(d) Manhattan Detention Center.
11. Who says that 'restaurants, liquor stores, and drugstores are the only things left in the neighborhood'?
12. In what is Steve writing down his story?
(a) A notebook.
(b) On his arm.
(c) On the walls of his cell.
(d) The margins of his Bible.
13. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
(b) Razor blades.
14. Why is the detective not going to read the affidavit on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He is working on a serious case.
(b) He is being transferred.
(c) He is on vacation.
(d) He is having problems with a hemorrhoid operation.
15. What is the name of the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
2. What does Steve say about the camera in the kind of movie he feels his life is like in the prologue?
3. How many ambulances respond to the drugstore crime?
4. What does Briggs think Wendell Bolton's true motivation is for fingering King in the robbery?
5. According to Osvaldo, how old is he?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)