|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
(a) "A good plan."
(b) "A nose for the cash."
(c) "A good job."
(d) "Rich parents."
2. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
(a) Be in prison.
(b) Recognize himself.
(c) Have any friends.
(d) Be able to breathe.
3. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
(a) The credits.
(b) The climax.
(c) The middle.
(d) The beginning.
4. What is Richard Evans' nickname in this book?
5. According to Steve's journal from Wednesday, July 8, what does Kathy O'Brien said her job is in the eyes of the jury?
(a) To make Steve look human.
(b) To make Steve look innocent.
(c) To remind them Steve is young.
(d) To remind them Steve is black.
6. Steve says prison is like what kind of movie?
(a) A movie with no plot and no beginning.
(b) A horror movie.
(c) A movie in technicolor.
(d) A made-for-television movie.
7. What action on Acie's part does Steve say really "got to me"?
8. In the credits in Chapter 1, Osvaldo Cruz is credited as what?
(a) Tough Guy Wannabe.
(d) Tough Guy.
9. What does Steve say happens at breakfast in the prologue?
(a) A guy gets hit in the face with a tray.
(b) A prisoner escapes.
(c) They run out of toast.
(d) A guy is stabbed with a fork.
10. What does Steve say about the camera in the kind of movie he feels his life is like in the prologue?
(a) That it moves in too close.
(b) That it stays far away.
(c) That it is a broken camera.
(d) That it is a hidden camera.
11. How old is Steve's brother?
12. In the prologue, Steve is surprised that the prisoners still do what, even though they are strangers?
(a) Find ways to love each other.
(b) Ignore each other.
(c) Get along well.
(d) Find reasons to hurt each other.
13. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
14. What is Steve's last name?
15. Why does Acie say he stole the money?
(a) God told him it was OK.
(b) He wanted to buy a present for his mother.
(c) He wanted it.
(d) He needed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny think that "bank money is too serious?"
2. What is Steve wearing when his father comes to visit him in prison?
3. Why is the detective not going to read the affidavit on Wednesday, July 8?
4. Who is comforting whom at the end of the scene between Steve and his father?
5. What crime is prisoner Acie accused of?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)