|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Brien say a termite looks like?
(a) An ant with wings.
(b) A honeybee.
(c) An earwig with wings.
(d) A cockroach with extra legs.
2. According to Osvaldo, how old is he?
3. When Steve's screenplay describes two women from the neighborhood, which accent do they have?
(a) Long Island.
(b) West Indian.
4. Steve says in the prologue that every morning he feels what?
(a) Ready to be found guilty.
(b) Invigorated to get to the courtroom.
(c) Surprised to be in jail.
(d) Tired because he doesn't sleep well.
5. When Steve decides to write a movie, where does he say he learned to block out scenes?
(a) In the prison library.
(b) At school.
(c) From a book.
(d) At home.
6. How does Detective Karyl describe the scene when he enters the drugstore?
(a) "Pretty gruesome."
(b) "All in a day's work."
7. Where does "Woman 1" say she thinks the "old man who owned the place" is from?
(a) St. Kitts.
8. In the credits in Chapter 1, Osvaldo Cruz is credited as what?
(a) Tough Guy Wannabe.
(c) Tough Guy.
9. Why does the judge call for a break during the intense questioning of Wendell Bolton by Briggs?
(a) To overrule Petrocelli.
(b) To calm down the juror.
(c) To calm down Briggs.
(d) To attend to administrative tasks.
10. How many ambulances respond to the drugstore crime?
11. What does O'Brien say to Steve after Osvaldo's testimony that makes him discouraged?
(a) That things look bad for him.
(b) That she knows what he is really like.
(c) That she thinks he is guilty.
(d) That Osvaldo is trustworthy.
12. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Fink.
(c) The Louse.
(d) The Snitch.
13. What stolen goods does Wendell Bolton buy?
(a) Bottles of alcohol.
(b) Boxes of cigars.
(c) Razor blades.
(d) Cartons of cigarettes.
14. What type of criminal charges against Wendell Bolton are dropped?
(a) Possession with intent to distribute.
(d) All of the above.
15. The stage directions refer to Wendell Bolden's hands as what?
(a) Sweaty, cracked.
(b) Large, ashy.
(c) Giant, dry.
(d) Tiny, dry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay want to do with the word 'Monster'?
2. What does the woman prosecutor call Steve?
3. What is Steve doing in the screenplay when he overhears two women with accents from the neighborhood?
4. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
5. Why does Steve start writing his own movie?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)