|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman prosecutor call Steve?
(c) Bad boy.
2. Where does "Woman 1" say she thinks the "old man who owned the place" is from?
(d) St. Kitts.
3. What does "Woman 2" think the cause of the robbery probably was?
(a) Prescription drug addiction.
(b) Herion addiction.
(c) Gambling addiction.
(d) Crack addiction.
4. How does Detective Karyl describe the scene when he enters the drugstore?
(a) "All in a day's work."
(c) "Pretty gruesome."
5. When Steve decides to write a movie, where does he say he learned to block out scenes?
(a) At home.
(b) In the prison library.
(c) At school.
(d) From a book.
6. Steve says in the prologue that every morning he feels what?
(a) Invigorated to get to the courtroom.
(b) Surprised to be in jail.
(c) Tired because he doesn't sleep well.
(d) Ready to be found guilty.
7. In what is Steve writing down his story?
(a) On the walls of his cell.
(b) The margins of his Bible.
(c) On his arm.
(d) A notebook.
8. What causes the delay in the trial on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) The stenographer quits.
(b) The stenographer brings the wrong power cord.
(c) The stenographer gets lost on the way to work.
(d) The judge has a heart attack.
9. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Dean Walters.
(b) Walter Dean.
(c) Dean Myers.
(d) Walter Dean Myers.
10. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
(b) Manhattan Detention Center.
(c) Rikers Island.
(d) Juvenile Hall.
11. What action on Acie's part does Steve say really "got to me"?
12. What does Steve say about the camera in the kind of movie he feels his life is like in the prologue?
(a) That it is a broken camera.
(b) That it stays far away.
(c) That it moves in too close.
(d) That it is a hidden camera.
13. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
(a) A tray.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A suit and tie.
(d) Another inmate.
14. How much does Wendell Bolton pay for the stolen goods from the drugstore robbery?
(a) 25 dollars each.
(b) 10 dollars each.
(c) 15 dollars each.
(d) 5 dollars each.
15. Which two items are taken away from prisoners, according to Steve?
(a) Shoes and shoelaces.
(b) Shoelaces and belts.
(c) Money and shoes.
(d) Glasses and medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny think that "bank money is too serious?"
2. During Karyl's testimony, there is a close up shot of crime scene photos. Which part of the victim's body can be seen in these photos?
3. What stolen goods does Wendell Bolton buy?
4. On what street does Osvaldo live?
5. What do the guards do after the prisoner starts a fight when the preacher visits?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)