|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Steve worried that his father sees when he looks down at him?
(a) A mistake.
(b) A monster.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A son.
2. The opening credits of the movie in Chapter 1 are designed to look like the opening credits of what famous film?
(a) Star Wars.
(b) Blade Runner.
(c) The Lion King.
(d) The Godfather.
3. Which prisoner is sitting on the toilet in the first chapter?
4. Steve says his movie will be not a story of his life, but a story of what?
(a) His future.
(b) His parents' life story.
(c) His experience in prison.
(d) His past.
5. Why does Johnny think that "bank money is too serious?"
(a) Because of the exchange rate.
(b) Because bank robberies involve guards.
(c) Because of the stimulus package.
(d) Because the law cracks down harder on bank robberies.
6. What is Steve wearing when his father comes to visit him in prison?
(a) An orange jumpsuit.
(b) Striped pajamas.
(c) A suit.
(d) Shorts and t-shirt.
7. What is Richard Evans' nickname in this book?
8. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
(b) Rikers Island.
(c) Manhattan Detention Center.
(d) Juvenile Hall.
9. In his journal from Wednesday, July 8, where does Steve say that he does not feel involved with his own case?
(a) On the bus.
(b) In jail.
(c) At home.
(d) In court.
10. How old is Mr. Nesbitt at the time of his murder?
11. In the credits in Chapter 1, James King is credited as what?
(a) The Innocent.
(b) The Hood.
(c) The Thug.
(d) The Criminal.
12. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
(a) Defense Attorney with Doubts.
(b) District Doubter.
(c) Doubting Defense Attorney.
(d) Assistant D.A.
13. According to Osvaldo, how old is he?
14. What does Briggs think Wendell Bolton's true motivation is for fingering King in the robbery?
(a) So his charges will be dropped.
(b) So he will get a more lenient sentence.
(c) So he will be sent to a more friendly jail.
(d) So he can collect the reward.
15. According to Osvaldo, how old is Bobo?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
2. What type of criminal charges against Wendell Bolton are dropped?
3. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
4. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
5. What stolen goods does Wendell Bolton buy?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)