Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard Evans' nickname in this book?
2. What color suit is Steve wearing when Osvaldo identifies him in court?
3. Which two items are taken away from prisoners, according to Steve?
(a) Shoelaces and belts.
(b) Shoes and shoelaces.
(c) Glasses and medicine.
(d) Money and shoes.
4. Why is Steve having stomach problems on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) The prison food is bad.
(c) He has allergies.
(d) He cannot use the bathroom in front of the other prisoners.
5. Who is comforting whom at the end of the scene between Steve and his father?
(a) A guard comforts Steve's father.
(b) Sunset comforts Steve.
(c) Steve comforts his father.
(d) His father comforts Steve.
6. What does O'Brien say to Steve after Osvaldo's testimony that makes him discouraged?
(a) That she thinks he is guilty.
(b) That things look bad for him.
(c) That Osvaldo is trustworthy.
(d) That she knows what he is really like.
7. What does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay want to do with the word 'Monster'?
(a) Tattoo it on his forehead.
(b) Write a book called "Monster."
(c) Learn to say it in different languages.
(d) Change his name to Monster.
8. The opening credits of the movie in Chapter 1 are designed to look like the opening credits of what famous film?
(a) The Godfather.
(b) The Lion King.
(c) Star Wars.
(d) Blade Runner.
9. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
(a) Doubting Defense Attorney.
(b) Assistant D.A.
(c) Defense Attorney with Doubts.
(d) District Doubter.
10. What do the guards do after the prisoner starts a fight when the preacher visits?
(a) Put Lynch in solitary confinement.
(b) Turn off the television.
(c) Put Steve in solitary confinement.
(d) Beat several prisoners.
11. In the notes Steve writes just after his father leaves, what does he say he did at the drugstore?
(a) Destroyed the security cameras.
(b) Go in and looked around.
(c) Robbed it.
(d) Smashed the windows.
12. What does Acie say about the verdict he expects?
(a) He wants to go free.
(b) He is innocent.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He hopes to get life.
13. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Indifferent Attorney.
(c) District Attorney.
(d) Dedicated Prosecutor.
14. Steve says in the prologue that every morning he feels what?
(a) Invigorated to get to the courtroom.
(b) Surprised to be in jail.
(c) Tired because he doesn't sleep well.
(d) Ready to be found guilty.
15. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
(a) "Rich parents."
(b) "A nose for the cash."
(c) "A good job."
(d) "A good plan."
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is prisoner Acie accused of?
2. What is Steve's last name?
3. In the credits in Chapter 1, Osvaldo Cruz is credited as what?
4. When Steve's screenplay describes two women from the neighborhood, which accent do they have?
5. What is the color of Petrocelli's suit in Chapter 1?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)