|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner who starts a fight with the preacher visiting the jail?
2. Steve says his movie will be not a story of his life, but a story of what?
(a) His parents' life story.
(b) His experience in prison.
(c) His past.
(d) His future.
3. Where does "Woman 1" say she thinks the "old man who owned the place" is from?
(c) St. Kitts.
4. In the credits in Chapter 1, Osvaldo Cruz is credited as what?
(a) Tough Guy Wannabe.
(c) Tough Guy.
5. In what is Steve writing down his story?
(a) The margins of his Bible.
(b) On his arm.
(c) A notebook.
(d) On the walls of his cell.
6. What action on Acie's part does Steve say really "got to me"?
7. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
(a) The Fink.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Louse.
(d) The Snitch.
8. In the notes Steve writes just after his father leaves, what does he say he did at the drugstore?
(a) Robbed it.
(b) Go in and looked around.
(c) Destroyed the security cameras.
(d) Smashed the windows.
9. Osvaldo Cruz is a member of which gang?
(a) The Devils.
(b) The Diablos.
(c) The Dingos.
(d) The Drivers.
10. Why does Steve start writing his own movie?
(a) To get famous.
(b) To make sense of his life.
(c) To show he is not a monster.
(d) To earn money.
11. What is the color of Petrocelli's suit in Chapter 1?
12. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
(a) Bully and Eduction.
(b) Bilking and Egressing.
(c) Batimore and East.
(d) Breaking and Entering.
13. Why does Briggs think it is strange that Evans would have told Wendell Bolton about the stolen goods?
(a) Because Bolton was not in on the robbery.
(b) Because Bolton cannot be trusted.
(c) Because they did not know each other.
(d) Because they are long-time friends.
14. Why does Acie say he stole the money?
(a) He needed it.
(b) He wanted to buy a present for his mother.
(c) He wanted it.
(d) God told him it was OK.
15. According to Osvaldo, how old is he?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color suit is Steve wearing when Osvaldo identifies him in court?
2. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
3. In his journal from Wednesday, July 8, where does Steve say that he does not feel involved with his own case?
4. What does Briggs think Wendell Bolton's true motivation is for fingering King in the robbery?
5. When Steve's screenplay describes two women from the neighborhood, which accent do they have?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)