|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Steve?
2. Why does the judge call for a break during the intense questioning of Wendell Bolton by Briggs?
(a) To overrule Petrocelli.
(b) To calm down the juror.
(c) To attend to administrative tasks.
(d) To calm down Briggs.
3. Which superhero does Jerry think Steve should be?
(a) The Green Lantern.
4. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
(a) "Rich parents."
(b) "A good plan."
(c) "A good job."
(d) "A nose for the cash."
5. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
(a) A tray.
(b) Another inmate.
(c) A suit and tie.
(d) A notebook.
6. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
(a) Have any friends.
(b) Be able to breathe.
(c) Be in prison.
(d) Recognize himself.
7. According to Steve in the prologue, when is the best time to cry?
(a) In private.
(b) At night.
(c) In the morning.
(d) During visiting hours.
8. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Indifferent Attorney.
(c) District Attorney.
(d) Dedicated Prosecutor.
9. According to Osvaldo's testimony, why did he participate in the robbery?
(a) Because he wanted money.
(b) Because he was afraid not to.
(c) Because he had never been in trouble before.
(d) Because he did not like Mr. Nesbitt.
10. When Steve's screenplay describes two women from the neighborhood, which accent do they have?
(a) Long Island.
(b) West Indian.
11. Why does Steve think Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
(a) Because he is a criminal and also black.
(b) Because Petrocelli is a liar.
(c) Because it will lead to him and King.
(d) Because O'Brien cannot object.
12. Osvaldo Cruz is a member of which gang?
(a) The Drivers.
(b) The Dingos.
(c) The Devils.
(d) The Diablos.
13. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
(b) Razor blades.
14. What does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay want to do with the word 'Monster'?
(a) Learn to say it in different languages.
(b) Tattoo it on his forehead.
(c) Write a book called "Monster."
(d) Change his name to Monster.
15. What is the name of the "guy who is going on trial for killing his wife" whom Steve knows in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color suit is Steve wearing when Osvaldo identifies him in court?
2. What do the guards do after the prisoner starts a fight when the preacher visits?
3. Why is the detective not going to read the affidavit on Wednesday, July 8?
4. What does Steve notice about the other prisoners in his journal from Wednesday, July 8?
5. How much does Wendell Bolton pay for the stolen goods from the drugstore robbery?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)