|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the detective not going to read the affidavit on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He is working on a serious case.
(b) He is on vacation.
(c) He is being transferred.
(d) He is having problems with a hemorrhoid operation.
2. The prologue of Monster is written in what style?
(b) Journal entry.
3. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
(a) 24 years and 6 months.
(b) 15 years and 3 months.
(c) 21 years and 3 months.
(d) 20 years.
4. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
(a) District Attorney.
(b) Indifferent Attorney.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) Dedicated Prosecutor.
5. Where does the exterior shot take place in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
(a) 141st Street.
(b) 47th Street.
(c) 191st Street.
(d) Wall Street.
6. What is the color of Petrocelli's suit in Chapter 1?
7. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
(a) Defense Attorney with Doubts.
(b) District Doubter.
(c) Assistant D.A.
(d) Doubting Defense Attorney.
8. Which superhero does Jerry think Steve should be?
(c) The Green Lantern.
9. What is the subtitle of the movie listed in the credits in Chapter 1?
(a) The Story of My Miserable Life.
(b) The Story of Mr. Nesbitt's Murder.
(c) The Story of Steve's Mistakes.
(d) The Monstrosities of Prison.
10. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
(a) Another inmate.
(b) A tray.
(c) A suit and tie.
(d) A notebook.
11. What reason does Steve provide for why two particular items are taken away from prisoners?
(a) To prevent violence.
(b) To prevent recidivism.
(c) To encourage rehabilitation.
(d) To prevent suicide.
12. What action on Acie's part does Steve say really "got to me"?
13. Where does "Woman 1" say she thinks the "old man who owned the place" is from?
(b) St. Kitts.
14. King says that all you need to get paid is a "crew with some heart" and what else?
(a) "A good job."
(b) "A nose for the cash."
(c) "Rich parents."
(d) "A good plan."
15. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
(a) The beginning.
(b) The credits.
(c) The middle.
(d) The climax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
2. Who is comforting whom at the end of the scene between Steve and his father?
3. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
4. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
5. What color suit is Steve wearing when Osvaldo identifies him in court?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)