|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steve says his movie will be not a story of his life, but a story of what?
(a) His parents' life story.
(b) His future.
(c) His experience in prison.
(d) His past.
2. What color suit is Steve wearing when Osvaldo identifies him in court?
3. In the exterior shot in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7, who is the heavy woman accompanying the young men?
4. Steve says in the prologue that every morning he feels what?
(a) Tired because he doesn't sleep well.
(b) Invigorated to get to the courtroom.
(c) Ready to be found guilty.
(d) Surprised to be in jail.
5. How does Detective Karyl describe the scene when he enters the drugstore?
(c) "Pretty gruesome."
(d) "All in a day's work."
6. Who says that 'restaurants, liquor stores, and drugstores are the only things left in the neighborhood'?
7. Steve's father tells Steve that although he had never made the team for this sport, he hopes Steve will. What sport is he talking about?
8. What is Steve wearing when his father comes to visit him in prison?
(a) Striped pajamas.
(b) An orange jumpsuit.
(c) Shorts and t-shirt.
(d) A suit.
9. What is the subtitle of the movie listed in the credits in Chapter 1?
(a) The Story of Steve's Mistakes.
(b) The Story of My Miserable Life.
(c) The Monstrosities of Prison.
(d) The Story of Mr. Nesbitt's Murder.
10. Why does Briggs think it is strange that Evans would have told Wendell Bolton about the stolen goods?
(a) Because they did not know each other.
(b) Because they are long-time friends.
(c) Because Bolton was not in on the robbery.
(d) Because Bolton cannot be trusted.
11. What is the name of the "guy who is going on trial for killing his wife" whom Steve knows in prison?
12. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what distinguishes their yells?
(a) It is very scary.
(b) It is in foreign languages.
(c) It is very quiet.
(d) Much of it is obscene.
13. Which two items are taken away from prisoners, according to Steve?
(a) Glasses and medicine.
(b) Shoelaces and belts.
(c) Money and shoes.
(d) Shoes and shoelaces.
14. What is Steve's last name?
15. In the credits in Chapter 1, James King is credited as what?
(a) The Innocent.
(b) The Thug.
(c) The Criminal.
(d) The Hood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay want to do with the word 'Monster'?
2. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
3. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
4. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
5. Who is the author of this book?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)