|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
(a) Like children's voices.
(b) Like gravelly voices.
(c) Like Black or Hispanic voices.
(d) Like women's voices.
2. In what is Steve writing down his story?
(a) On his arm.
(b) On the walls of his cell.
(c) The margins of his Bible.
(d) A notebook.
3. In the prologue, Steve is surprised that the prisoners still do what, even though they are strangers?
(a) Find reasons to hurt each other.
(b) Get along well.
(c) Ignore each other.
(d) Find ways to love each other.
4. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
5. What is the name of the prisoner who starts a fight with the preacher visiting the jail?
6. What does "Woman 2" think the cause of the robbery probably was?
(a) Gambling addiction.
(b) Herion addiction.
(c) Prescription drug addiction.
(d) Crack addiction.
7. Why does Acie say he stole the money?
(a) God told him it was OK.
(b) He needed it.
(c) He wanted it.
(d) He wanted to buy a present for his mother.
8. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Dean Myers.
(b) Dean Walters.
(c) Walter Dean Myers.
(d) Walter Dean.
9. Steve's father tells Steve that although he had never made the team for this sport, he hopes Steve will. What sport is he talking about?
10. What does the woman prosecutor call Steve?
(d) Bad boy.
11. According to Steve's journal from Wednesday, July 8, what does Kathy O'Brien said her job is in the eyes of the jury?
(a) To remind them Steve is young.
(b) To make Steve look human.
(c) To make Steve look innocent.
(d) To remind them Steve is black.
12. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
(a) They will also cry.
(b) They will talk about it only.
(c) They will beat you up only.
(d) They will talk about it and beat you up.
13. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
(a) Rikers Island.
(c) Juvenile Hall.
(d) Manhattan Detention Center.
14. Who says that 'restaurants, liquor stores, and drugstores are the only things left in the neighborhood'?
15. Where does Kathy O'Brien tell Steve she was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
2. In the credits in Chapter 1, Osvaldo Cruz is credited as what?
3. Where does the exterior shot take place in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
4. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
5. When Steve's screenplay describes two women from the neighborhood, which accent do they have?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)