|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steve says in the prologue that every morning he feels what?
(a) Ready to be found guilty.
(b) Invigorated to get to the courtroom.
(c) Tired because he doesn't sleep well.
(d) Surprised to be in jail.
2. When Steve's screenplay describes two women from the neighborhood, which accent do they have?
(b) Long Island.
(d) West Indian.
3. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
(a) Be able to breathe.
(b) Recognize himself.
(c) Have any friends.
(d) Be in prison.
4. Why does Briggs think it is strange that Evans would have told Wendell Bolton about the stolen goods?
(a) Because they did not know each other.
(b) Because Bolton was not in on the robbery.
(c) Because Bolton cannot be trusted.
(d) Because they are long-time friends.
5. According to Steve's journal from Wednesday, July 8, what does Kathy O'Brien said her job is in the eyes of the jury?
(a) To make Steve look innocent.
(b) To remind them Steve is black.
(c) To make Steve look human.
(d) To remind them Steve is young.
6. Which superhero does Jerry think Steve should be?
(a) The Green Lantern.
7. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
(a) The climax.
(b) The credits.
(c) The beginning.
(d) The middle.
8. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
(a) They will talk about it and beat you up.
(b) They will beat you up only.
(c) They will also cry.
(d) They will talk about it only.
9. Why does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay say he likes the screenplay?
(a) Because of the tattoos.
(b) Because of the resolution.
(c) Because of the action.
(d) Because of the title.
10. Steve says prison is like what kind of movie?
(a) A movie in technicolor.
(b) A horror movie.
(c) A made-for-television movie.
(d) A movie with no plot and no beginning.
11. In Steve's notes for Tuesday, July 7th, he notes that one prisoner has a knife. What is this knife actually made of?
(a) A toothbrush handle.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A pen.
(d) A hairbursh handle.
12. Steve's father tells Steve that although he had never made the team for this sport, he hopes Steve will. What sport is he talking about?
13. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
(a) Assistant D.A.
(b) Defense Attorney with Doubts.
(c) Doubting Defense Attorney.
(d) District Doubter.
14. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
(a) Razor blades.
15. In what is Steve writing down his story?
(a) On his arm.
(b) The margins of his Bible.
(c) A notebook.
(d) On the walls of his cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Steve says his movie will be not a story of his life, but a story of what?
2. How many ambulances respond to the drugstore crime?
3. What does Briggs think Wendell Bolton's true motivation is for fingering King in the robbery?
4. What is Steve wearing when his father comes to visit him in prison?
5. What does Steve say about the camera in the kind of movie he feels his life is like in the prologue?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)