|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
(a) A suit and tie.
(b) A tray.
(c) Another inmate.
(d) A notebook.
2. How much does Wendell Bolton pay for the stolen goods from the drugstore robbery?
(a) 15 dollars each.
(b) 5 dollars each.
(c) 25 dollars each.
(d) 10 dollars each.
3. What is the subtitle of the movie listed in the credits in Chapter 1?
(a) The Story of Mr. Nesbitt's Murder.
(b) The Monstrosities of Prison.
(c) The Story of My Miserable Life.
(d) The Story of Steve's Mistakes.
4. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
(a) 24 years and 6 months.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 15 years and 3 months.
(d) 21 years and 3 months.
5. What does Steve notice about the other prisoners in his journal from Wednesday, July 8?
(a) Some of them are women.
(b) There are many who are younger than he is.
(c) Most of them are old.
(d) They are all pretty young.
6. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
(a) Bully and Eduction.
(b) Bilking and Egressing.
(c) Batimore and East.
(d) Breaking and Entering.
7. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
(a) Dedicated Prosecutor.
(b) Indifferent Attorney.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) District Attorney.
8. In his journal from Wednesday, July 8, where does Steve say that he does not feel involved with his own case?
(a) In jail.
(b) At home.
(c) On the bus.
(d) In court.
9. According to Osvaldo's testimony, why did he participate in the robbery?
(a) Because he wanted money.
(b) Because he was afraid not to.
(c) Because he did not like Mr. Nesbitt.
(d) Because he had never been in trouble before.
10. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
(b) Razor blades.
11. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what distinguishes their yells?
(a) It is in foreign languages.
(b) It is very quiet.
(c) It is very scary.
(d) Much of it is obscene.
12. Steve says his movie will be not a story of his life, but a story of what?
(a) His future.
(b) His parents' life story.
(c) His past.
(d) His experience in prison.
13. What does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay want to do with the word 'Monster'?
(a) Change his name to Monster.
(b) Tattoo it on his forehead.
(c) Learn to say it in different languages.
(d) Write a book called "Monster."
14. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Louse.
(c) The Snitch.
(d) The Fink.
15. What is Richard Evans' nickname in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of criminal charges against Wendell Bolton are dropped?
2. What action on Acie's part does Steve say really "got to me"?
3. How many ambulances respond to the drugstore crime?
4. Where does Kathy O'Brien tell Steve she was born?
5. During Karyl's testimony, there is a close up shot of crime scene photos. Which part of the victim's body can be seen in these photos?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)