|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Osvaldo, how old is he?
2. Why is Steve having stomach problems on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He cannot use the bathroom in front of the other prisoners.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) The prison food is bad.
(d) He has allergies.
3. What does Steve say happens at breakfast in the prologue?
(a) A prisoner escapes.
(b) They run out of toast.
(c) A guy is stabbed with a fork.
(d) A guy gets hit in the face with a tray.
4. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
(a) Be in prison.
(b) Recognize himself.
(c) Have any friends.
(d) Be able to breathe.
5. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
(a) District Attorney.
(b) Indifferent Attorney.
(c) Dedicated Prosecutor.
(d) Attorney General.
6. How old is Steve's brother?
7. In the credits in Chapter One, Kathy O'Brien is credited as what?
(a) District Doubter.
(b) Doubting Defense Attorney.
(c) Defense Attorney with Doubts.
(d) Assistant D.A.
8. In his journal from Wednesday, July 8, where does Steve say that he does not feel involved with his own case?
(a) On the bus.
(b) At home.
(c) In jail.
(d) In court.
9. The stage directions refer to Wendell Bolden's hands as what?
(a) Giant, dry.
(b) Tiny, dry.
(c) Sweaty, cracked.
(d) Large, ashy.
10. Steve's father tells Steve that although he had never made the team for this sport, he hopes Steve will. What sport is he talking about?
11. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
(a) 24 years and 6 months.
(b) 21 years and 3 months.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years and 3 months.
12. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
(a) Bilking and Egressing.
(b) Bully and Eduction.
(c) Breaking and Entering.
(d) Batimore and East.
13. During Karyl's testimony, there is a close up shot of crime scene photos. Which part of the victim's body can be seen in these photos?
14. What does "Woman 2" think the cause of the robbery probably was?
(a) Crack addiction.
(b) Gambling addiction.
(c) Herion addiction.
(d) Prescription drug addiction.
15. Why does Johnny think that "bank money is too serious?"
(a) Because of the stimulus package.
(b) Because the law cracks down harder on bank robberies.
(c) Because of the exchange rate.
(d) Because bank robberies involve guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which superhero does Jerry think Steve should be?
2. Which prisoner is sitting on the toilet in the first chapter?
3. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
4. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
5. Why does Steve think Petrocelli is using Bolden's testimony?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)