|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 21 years and 3 months.
(c) 24 years and 6 months.
(d) 15 years and 3 months.
2. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
(b) Rikers Island.
(c) Manhattan Detention Center.
(d) Juvenile Hall.
3. Who says that 'restaurants, liquor stores, and drugstores are the only things left in the neighborhood'?
4. How old is Steve?
5. On what street does Osvaldo live?
(a) 44th Street.
(b) 114 Street.
(c) 144th Street.
(d) Madison Avenue.
6. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
7. The prologue of Monster is written in what style?
(a) Journal entry.
8. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
(a) They will beat you up only.
(b) They will talk about it only.
(c) They will talk about it and beat you up.
(d) They will also cry.
9. According to Steve in the prologue, when is the best time to cry?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In private.
(c) At night.
(d) During visiting hours.
10. What does Steve notice about the other prisoners in his journal from Wednesday, July 8?
(a) Some of them are women.
(b) They are all pretty young.
(c) There are many who are younger than he is.
(d) Most of them are old.
11. What causes the delay in the trial on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) The stenographer brings the wrong power cord.
(b) The stenographer gets lost on the way to work.
(c) The judge has a heart attack.
(d) The stenographer quits.
12. Why does Steve start writing his own movie?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To make sense of his life.
(c) To get famous.
(d) To show he is not a monster.
13. In his journal from Wednesday, July 8, where does Steve say that he does not feel involved with his own case?
(a) At home.
(b) In jail.
(c) On the bus.
(d) In court.
14. What reason does Steve provide for why two particular items are taken away from prisoners?
(a) To prevent violence.
(b) To prevent recidivism.
(c) To encourage rehabilitation.
(d) To prevent suicide.
15. In the credits in Chapter 1, Osvaldo Cruz is credited as what?
(b) Tough Guy.
(c) Tough Guy Wannabe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Steve's last name?
2. Steve says his movie will be not a story of his life, but a story of what?
3. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
4. What crime is prisoner Acie accused of?
5. What does Briggs think Wendell Bolton's true motivation is for fingering King in the robbery?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)