|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Osvaldo, how old is he?
2. Why does Acie say he stole the money?
(a) God told him it was OK.
(b) He wanted to buy a present for his mother.
(c) He needed it.
(d) He wanted it.
3. In his journal from Wednesday, July 8, where does Steve say that he does not feel involved with his own case?
(a) On the bus.
(b) In jail.
(c) In court.
(d) At home.
4. Why does Johnny think that "bank money is too serious?"
(a) Because of the exchange rate.
(b) Because of the stimulus package.
(c) Because the law cracks down harder on bank robberies.
(d) Because bank robberies involve guards.
5. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
(a) 24 years and 6 months.
(b) 15 years and 3 months.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 21 years and 3 months.
6. According to Steve in the prologue, when is the best time to cry?
(a) In private.
(b) During visiting hours.
(c) In the morning.
(d) At night.
7. Why is the detective not going to read the affidavit on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He is working on a serious case.
(b) He is having problems with a hemorrhoid operation.
(c) He is on vacation.
(d) He is being transferred.
8. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
(a) Another inmate.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A suit and tie.
(d) A tray.
9. What does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay want to do with the word 'Monster'?
(a) Write a book called "Monster."
(b) Learn to say it in different languages.
(c) Change his name to Monster.
(d) Tattoo it on his forehead.
10. What does O'Brien say to Steve after Osvaldo's testimony that makes him discouraged?
(a) That Osvaldo is trustworthy.
(b) That she thinks he is guilty.
(c) That things look bad for him.
(d) That she knows what he is really like.
11. How old is Steve's brother?
12. What causes the delay in the trial on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) The stenographer brings the wrong power cord.
(b) The judge has a heart attack.
(c) The stenographer quits.
(d) The stenographer gets lost on the way to work.
13. Who calls Steve "youngblood" in the screenplay following the note of Tuesday, July 7?
14. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
(a) The Louse.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Fink.
(d) The Snitch.
15. Why does the judge call for a break during the intense questioning of Wendell Bolton by Briggs?
(a) To attend to administrative tasks.
(b) To calm down the juror.
(c) To calm down Briggs.
(d) To overrule Petrocelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Steve's notes for Tuesday, July 7th, he notes that one prisoner has a knife. What is this knife actually made of?
2. According to Steve's journal from Wednesday, July 8, what does Kathy O'Brien said her job is in the eyes of the jury?
3. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
4. What crime is prisoner Acie accused of?
5. Why is Steve having stomach problems on Wednesday, July 8?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)