|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, December 5 Months Later.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, according to Steve, does everything he does please his mother?
(a) Because he is not in jail.
(b) Because he is innocent.
(c) Because he is going to college.
(d) Because he is making a movie.
2. What, according to Bobo, is a "heavy and a half"?
(a) Twenty five years to life.
(b) Seven and a half to ten years.
(c) Life with parole.
(d) Life without parole.
3. Which two items are taken away from prisoners, according to Steve?
(a) Shoes and shoelaces.
(b) Money and shoes.
(c) Shoelaces and belts.
(d) Glasses and medicine.
4. What is Steve's verdict?
(b) Not guilty by reason of insanity.
(d) Not guilty.
5. How does the screenplay describe the last image of Steve just after his verdict is read?
(b) Black and white, grainy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the screenplay scene Steve writes just after his mother leaves, what does King say he "just needs" in order to commit the robbery?
2. What does Acie say about the verdict he expects?
3. What is Bobo wearing when he comes into the courtroom to testify?
4. What reason does Steve provide for why two particular items are taken away from prisoners?
5. How does Steve describe the look on his mother's face during the judge's instructions to the jury Friday Afternoon, July 17?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)