|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Tuesday, July 14th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Steve in the prologue, when is the best time to cry?
(a) In private.
(b) During visiting hours.
(c) In the morning.
(d) At night.
2. What, according to Bobo, is a "heavy and a half"?
(a) Life with parole.
(b) Seven and a half to ten years.
(c) Twenty five years to life.
(d) Life without parole.
3. Which side of Mr. Nesbitt's body do the bullets enter?
4. What does "doing a calendar" in prison mean?
(a) Setting up a cleaning schedule.
(b) Serving a full year.
(c) Making hash marks on the wall.
(d) Getting your dates served tattooed on your arm.
5. In the credits in Chapter 1, James King is credited as what?
(a) The Hood.
(b) The Criminal.
(c) The Innocent.
(d) The Thug.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bobo comes into the courtroom to testify and the lawyers are discussing him with the judge, what does the judge say he looks like?
2. How many ambulances respond to the drugstore crime?
3. What does Steve notice about the other prisoners in his journal from Wednesday, July 8?
4. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
5. What have some people in Steve's neighborhood told his mother about Steve's lawyer?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)