|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Sunday, July 12th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard Evans' nickname in this book?
2. How old is Steve's brother?
3. What happens during the church service on Sunday, July 12th?
(a) Steve is beaten.
(b) A prisoner escapes.
(c) A fight breaks out.
(d) A minister is killed.
4. Steve says prison is like what kind of movie?
(a) A movie in technicolor.
(b) A horror movie.
(c) A movie with no plot and no beginning.
(d) A made-for-television movie.
5. Steve says in the prologue that every morning he feels what?
(a) Surprised to be in jail.
(b) Tired because he doesn't sleep well.
(c) Ready to be found guilty.
(d) Invigorated to get to the courtroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
2. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
3. What is Steve's reaction to mopping the floor?
4. The stage directions refer to Wendell Bolden's hands as what?
5. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)