|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Notes:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the prologue, Steve is surprised that the prisoners still do what, even though they are strangers?
(a) Find reasons to hurt each other.
(b) Ignore each other.
(c) Get along well.
(d) Find ways to love each other.
2. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
(a) Bully and Eduction.
(b) Breaking and Entering.
(c) Batimore and East.
(d) Bilking and Egressing.
3. Steve says in the prologue that every morning he feels what?
(a) Tired because he doesn't sleep well.
(b) Surprised to be in jail.
(c) Ready to be found guilty.
(d) Invigorated to get to the courtroom.
4. How old is Mr. Nesbitt at the time of his murder?
5. On what street does Osvaldo live?
(a) 114 Street.
(b) 44th Street.
(c) 144th Street.
(d) Madison Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Steve in the prologue, when is the best time to cry?
2. What do the guards do after the prisoner starts a fight when the preacher visits?
3. What crime is prisoner Acie accused of?
4. What action on Acie's part does Steve say really "got to me"?
5. How does Detective Karyl describe the scene when he enters the drugstore?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)