|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Notes:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Acie say about the verdict he expects?
(a) He hopes to get life.
(b) He wants to go free.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is innocent.
2. Why does the judge call for a break during the intense questioning of Wendell Bolton by Briggs?
(a) To calm down the juror.
(b) To overrule Petrocelli.
(c) To calm down Briggs.
(d) To attend to administrative tasks.
3. What is the subtitle of the movie listed in the credits in Chapter 1?
(a) The Story of Mr. Nesbitt's Murder.
(b) The Monstrosities of Prison.
(c) The Story of My Miserable Life.
(d) The Story of Steve's Mistakes.
4. What do the guards do after the prisoner starts a fight when the preacher visits?
(a) Put Lynch in solitary confinement.
(b) Put Steve in solitary confinement.
(c) Beat several prisoners.
(d) Turn off the television.
5. In the prologue, Steve is surprised that the prisoners still do what, even though they are strangers?
(a) Find reasons to hurt each other.
(b) Get along well.
(c) Ignore each other.
(d) Find ways to love each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Steve having stomach problems on Wednesday, July 8?
2. Where does Kathy O'Brien tell Steve she was born?
3. What causes the delay in the trial on Wednesday, July 8?
4. Osvaldo Cruz is a member of which gang?
5. How old is Steve's brother?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)