|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Thursday, July 9th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the detective not going to read the affidavit on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He is having problems with a hemorrhoid operation.
(b) He is being transferred.
(c) He is on vacation.
(d) He is working on a serious case.
2. In the prologue, Steve is surprised that the prisoners still do what, even though they are strangers?
(a) Find reasons to hurt each other.
(b) Ignore each other.
(c) Find ways to love each other.
(d) Get along well.
3. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
(a) Be in prison.
(b) Recognize himself.
(c) Be able to breathe.
(d) Have any friends.
4. What does the woman prosecutor call Steve?
(c) Bad boy.
5. According to Steve's journal from Wednesday, July 8, what does Kathy O'Brien said her job is in the eyes of the jury?
(a) To make Steve look human.
(b) To make Steve look innocent.
(c) To remind them Steve is young.
(d) To remind them Steve is black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendell Bolton say he gave his mother for Christmas?
2. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
3. If Steve is sentenced to 25 years to life, at least how much time will he have to serve, according to O'Brien?
4. In his journal from Wednesday, July 8, where does Steve say that he does not feel involved with his own case?
5. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)