|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Thursday, July 9th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guards do after the prisoner starts a fight when the preacher visits?
(a) Put Steve in solitary confinement.
(b) Beat several prisoners.
(c) Turn off the television.
(d) Put Lynch in solitary confinement.
2. What is the name of the "guy who is going on trial for killing his wife" whom Steve knows in prison?
3. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
(a) Batimore and East.
(b) Bilking and Egressing.
(c) Bully and Eduction.
(d) Breaking and Entering.
4. The stage directions refer to Wendell Bolden's hands as what?
(a) Giant, dry.
(b) Tiny, dry.
(c) Sweaty, cracked.
(d) Large, ashy.
5. In the prologue, Steve is surprised that the prisoners still do what, even though they are strangers?
(a) Get along well.
(b) Find ways to love each other.
(c) Ignore each other.
(d) Find reasons to hurt each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
2. Steve says in the prologue that every morning he feels what?
3. What causes the delay in the trial on Wednesday, July 8?
4. What type of criminal charges against Wendell Bolton are dropped?
5. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)