|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Monday, July 6th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which prisoner is sitting on the toilet in the first chapter?
2. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
(a) Recognize himself.
(b) Have any friends.
(c) Be able to breathe.
(d) Be in prison.
3. What is the subtitle of the movie listed in the credits in Chapter 1?
(a) The Story of Steve's Mistakes.
(b) The Monstrosities of Prison.
(c) The Story of Mr. Nesbitt's Murder.
(d) The Story of My Miserable Life.
4. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what distinguishes their yells?
(a) It is in foreign languages.
(b) Much of it is obscene.
(c) It is very quiet.
(d) It is very scary.
5. What time of day does Steve say someone in prison might get beaten up for sniffling?
(a) When the lights go out.
(b) At breakfast.
(c) At nap time.
(d) At lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
2. What is Richard Evans' nickname in this book?
3. What is Steve's last name?
4. The prologue of Monster is written in what style?
5. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)