|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Monday, July 6th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Steve start writing his own movie?
(a) To show he is not a monster.
(b) To make sense of his life.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To get famous.
2. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
(a) Be able to breathe.
(b) Recognize himself.
(c) Be in prison.
(d) Have any friends.
3. In the prologue, Steve is surprised that the prisoners still do what, even though they are strangers?
(a) Find ways to love each other.
(b) Find reasons to hurt each other.
(c) Get along well.
(d) Ignore each other.
4. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
(a) A notebook.
(b) Another inmate.
(c) A tray.
(d) A suit and tie.
5. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
(a) The Snitch.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Fink.
(d) The Louse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Steve in the prologue, when is the best time to cry?
2. When Steve decides to write a movie, where does he say he learned to block out scenes?
3. What is Steve's last name?
4. The opening credits of the movie in Chapter 1 are designed to look like the opening credits of what famous film?
5. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)