|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Wednesday, July 8th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steve says his movie will be not a story of his life, but a story of what?
(a) His past.
(b) His parents' life story.
(c) His future.
(d) His experience in prison.
2. When Steve decides to write a movie, where does he say he learned to block out scenes?
(a) At home.
(b) From a book.
(c) At school.
(d) In the prison library.
3. In the credits in Chapter 1, Richard Evans is credited as what?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Fink.
(c) The Snitch.
(d) The Louse.
4. Why does Steve start writing his own movie?
(a) To get famous.
(b) To earn money.
(c) To show he is not a monster.
(d) To make sense of his life.
5. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
(a) Another inmate.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A tray.
(d) A suit and tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B&E mean, in the context of this book's courtroom scenes?
2. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
3. What reason does Steve provide for why two particular items are taken away from prisoners?
4. What does the woman prosecutor call Steve?
5. Why does the judge call for a break during the intense questioning of Wendell Bolton by Briggs?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)