|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Wednesday, July 8th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that 'restaurants, liquor stores, and drugstores are the only things left in the neighborhood'?
2. Why does Briggs think it is strange that Evans would have told Wendell Bolton about the stolen goods?
(a) Because they did not know each other.
(b) Because they are long-time friends.
(c) Because Bolton was not in on the robbery.
(d) Because Bolton cannot be trusted.
3. What do the guards do after the prisoner starts a fight when the preacher visits?
(a) Turn off the television.
(b) Beat several prisoners.
(c) Put Steve in solitary confinement.
(d) Put Lynch in solitary confinement.
4. In the credits in Chapter 1, Sandra Petrocelli is credited as what?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Dedicated Prosecutor.
(c) Indifferent Attorney.
(d) District Attorney.
5. What does Steve wonder in the prologue if he will still do what when the trial is over?
(a) Be in prison.
(b) Have any friends.
(c) Be able to breathe.
(d) Recognize himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the movie does Steve feel like he has walked into in the prologue?
2. What does Steve notice about the other prisoners in his journal from Wednesday, July 8?
3. What is Steve's cot made out of?
4. When we first see Steve in the screenplay description in the first chapter, what is lying on his cot next to him?
5. The stage directions refer to Wendell Bolden's hands as what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)