|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Wednesday, July 8th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which jail does Steve find himself in?
(a) Rikers Island.
(b) Manhattan Detention Center.
(c) Juvenile Hall.
2. In what is Steve writing down his story?
(a) The margins of his Bible.
(b) A notebook.
(c) On the walls of his cell.
(d) On his arm.
3. The stage directions refer to Wendell Bolden's hands as what?
(a) Giant, dry.
(b) Large, ashy.
(c) Sweaty, cracked.
(d) Tiny, dry.
4. According to Steve's journal from Wednesday, July 8, what does Kathy O'Brien said her job is in the eyes of the jury?
(a) To remind them Steve is black.
(b) To make Steve look human.
(c) To make Steve look innocent.
(d) To remind them Steve is young.
5. Why is Steve having stomach problems on Wednesday, July 8?
(a) He cannot use the bathroom in front of the other prisoners.
(b) The prison food is bad.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He has allergies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the screenplay description of the inmates "yelling from cell to cell," what does the screenplay say about how most of the voices clearly sound?
2. What stolen goods does Wendell Bolton buy?
3. In the credits in Chapter 1, Osvaldo Cruz is credited as what?
4. In the prologue, Steve says if anyone is prison knows you are crying, what will happen?
5. What does the prisoner who wants to read Steve's screenplay want to do with the word 'Monster'?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)