* Steve Harmon is writing in a notebook from prison.
* He describes the horror of life in prison.
* He explains why he chose Monster as the title for his book.
Chapter 1, Monday, July 6th
* Steve is sixteen years old.
* He meets his lawyer, Kathy O'Brien, at the courthouse.
* What everyone says during the hearing is reproduced seemingly verbatim in this part of the chapter.
* Steve writes "Monster" over and over, and O'Brien crosses out the words.
* The scene shifts to a flashback of Steve in a high school film club meeting.
* The prosecutor, Sandra Petrocelli, explains that the murder victim, 55-year-old Alguinaldo Nesbitt, was shot with his own gun during a robbery.
* Steve's lawyer and the attorney representing the other defendant, James King, argue that there is not enough evidence.
Chapter 2, Tuesday, July 7th
* Wendell Bolden is being cross-examined, and he gives testimony that he knows who did...
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)