Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
* Steve Harmon is writing in a notebook from prison.
Chapter 1, Monday, July 6th Abstract
* He describes the horror of life in prison.
Chapter 2, Tuesday, July 7th Abstract
* He explains why he chose Monster as the title for his book.
Chapter 3, Wednesday, July 8th Abstract
* Steve is sixteen years old.
* He meets his lawyer, Kathy...
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)