|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does get to Los Angeles after he is paroled in the chapter "Nation Time?"
(b) He hitchhikes.
(c) His brother sends a taxi.
(d) He mom picks him up.
2. In the "Epilogue" what organization does the drug dealer Kody attacks work for?
(a) Rollin' Sixties.
(b) Tray Eights.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The police.
3. What does Kody hear that amazes him at the second Islam service he attends?
(a) He thinks it is time to leave the gang.
(b) He is enjoying the service.
(c) He feels that he hears parts of his own life explained.
(d) He realizes the gang life is hypocritical.
4. Why is Kody at an Islam service while serving time in the Youth Facility?
(a) He brother is there and he wants to see him.
(b) He is planning a revenge attack with his gang.
(c) He is interested in the religion.
(d) The leader asks him to attend.
5. Why is Kody kept on "The Rock," the solitary lock down part of the Youth Facility?
(a) It is for his own protection.
(b) He is considered a serious offender.
(c) He hits a guard.
(d) The regular prison is overcrowded.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Malcolm X, what other activist's words affect Kody?
2. In the chapter "48 Hours" why is Kody removed from his cell?
3. What happens to Joker's mother and brother?
4. What California prison is Kody transferred to in the chapter "Reconnected?"
5. How does Tray Ball die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Kody go through he is transferred to San Quentin State Prison?
2. What can you infer about Kody and Tamu's relationship after reading the chapter, "Tamu?"
3. How is the new Crips organization similar to the old one?
4. How is Kody struggling with his gang life while in the youth facility?
5. How do Kody's actions suggest that he feels uncomfortable when he is released from jail after a long sentence?
6. What doubts does Kody have about the Consolidated Crips Organization?
7. Do you think the C.C.O. has a positive influence on Kody?
8. In the chapter, "Nation Time", Kody is released from prison after a long sentence. How is Kody's life different now that he has left the Tray Eights?
9. How has Li'l Monster's story ended differently than Kody's?
10. At the end of book, why does Kody return to jail?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)