|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnic group is winning the war in Folsom prison?
(a) The Crips.
(b) The Puerto Ricans.
(c) The Mexicans.
(d) The Bloods.
2. Who is Fred Hampton?
(a) Muhammad's friend.
(b) Muhammad's father.
(c) An old guard at the youth facility.
(d) Leader of the Back Panthers.
3. What does Kody's friend admit would happen to him for committing murder and kidnapping?
(a) He believes he will be executed.
(b) He believes he will escape.
(c) He believes he will be found not guilty.
(d) He believes he get will get life in jail.
4. In the final chapter, what does Kody say is the only thing the gangs leave?
5. What happens to Joker's mother and brother?
(a) They steal from the gang.
(b) They never came to visit Joker.
(c) They are killed by the C.C.O in retaliation.
(d) They go against the C.C.O.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is NOT found in the Crips chant?
2. What does Suma say to Kody that convinces him to join the C.C.O?
3. How is Kody able to afford an apartment with Tamu?
4. In the chapter, "Nation Time," who does Kody live with on the weekends?
5. Who is Kody's cell mate in the jail facility at the start of "48 Hours"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the New Afrikan Independence Movement begin to change Kody's thinking about gangs?
2. In the final chapter, what does Kody tell the reader about the choices he has made in his life?
3. What can you infer about Kody and Tamu's relationship after reading the chapter, "Tamu?"
4. At the end of book, why does Kody return to jail?
5. How does Malcolm X influence Kody?
6. How does Suma influence Kody?
7. Kody goes to visit Crazy De in jail and determines that have a different outlook on gangs. How are their viewpoints different?
8. How does Muhammad continue to influence Kody once he leaves the youth facility?
9. How is Kody struggling with his gang life while in the youth facility?
10. What are Kody's feelings about gangs at the end of the book?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)