|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks Kody from jail at the end of the chapter, "Muhammad Abdubllah"?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother and Tamu.
(c) Crazy De.
2. In the chapter "Reconnected," what does Kody change his name to?
3. How does Kody feel about this cease fire that occurs in the "Epilogue?"
(a) He has mixed feelings.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He does not care about it.
4. Who does Kody visit in jail at the end of "Nation Time"?
(a) His brother.
(c) A former rival gang member.
(d) Crazy De.
5. In addition to Malcolm X, what other activist's words affect Kody?
(a) Charles Barron.
(b) Stokely Carmichael.
(c) Eldridge Cleaver.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Joker and Macc try to end their feud?
2. In the chapter, "Nation Time," what does the police officer demand Kody tell him?
3. What does Kody hear that amazes him at the second Islam service he attends?
4. In the chapter, "Nation Time," where does Kody find a job so he can spend more time with his family?
5. What is NOT a rule created by the Consolidated Crips Organization?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter, "Nation Time", Kody is released from prison after a long sentence. How is Kody's life different now that he has left the Tray Eights?
2. How do Kody's actions suggest that he feels uncomfortable when he is released from jail after a long sentence?
3. Describe how loyalty is a major idea in the chapter, "Tamu."
4. Kody goes to visit Crazy De in jail and determines that have a different outlook on gangs. How are their viewpoints different?
5. In "Nation Time," Kody is out with Tamu and their kids. Their car is pulled over by the police. Describe how the police treat Kody and how he responds to this treatment.
6. How does the New Afrikan Independence Movement begin to change Kody's thinking about gangs?
7. How does Killer influence the Crips organization?
8. How does Malcolm X influence Kody?
9. After Kody joins the New African Independence Movement, how does he feel about gangs?
10. Do you think the C.C.O. has a positive influence on Kody?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)