|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Joker and Macc try to end their feud?
(a) Kody steps in and beats up Macc.
(b) They have a fistfight, which Joker wins.
(c) They have a shoot out.
(d) They do not end it.
2. At the end of the book, who does Kody blame for his decisions?
(c) His mother.
(d) His former gang.
3. In addition to Malcolm X, what other activist's words affect Kody?
(a) Charles Barron.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Stokely Carmichael.
(d) Eldridge Cleaver.
4. In the chapter, "Tamu", what friend does Kody reconnect with after getting out of jail?
(d) Crazy De.
5. What does Kody's friend admit would happen to him for committing murder and kidnapping?
(a) He believes he get will get life in jail.
(b) He believes he will escape.
(c) He believes he will be found not guilty.
(d) He believes he will be executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last chapter, which two groups decide on a cease fire?
2. What is Kody arrested for in the final chapter?
3. How does get to Los Angeles after he is paroled in the chapter "Nation Time?"
4. Why does Kody think B.N.C.O. appeals to the Crips?
5. According to Kody's last chapter, how are the Crips still struggling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kody struggling with his gang life while in the youth facility?
2. In the final chapter, what does Kody tell the reader about the choices he has made in his life?
3. What changes does Kody go through he is transferred to San Quentin State Prison?
4. At the end of book, why does Kody return to jail?
5. How has Li'l Monster's story ended differently than Kody's?
6. In the chapter, "Nation Time", Kody is released from prison after a long sentence. How is Kody's life different now that he has left the Tray Eights?
7. Do you think the C.C.O. has a positive influence on Kody?
8. Kody goes to visit Crazy De in jail and determines that have a different outlook on gangs. How are their viewpoints different?
9. In "Nation Time," Kody is out with Tamu and their kids. Their car is pulled over by the police. Describe how the police treat Kody and how he responds to this treatment.
10. How does Malcolm X influence Kody?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)