|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "The Juvenile Tank, what crime does Kody commit that gets him time in a youth detention center?
(d) Car theft.
2. Why doesn't Kody ride his bike home after the revenge shooting?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) He decides to leave the bike and take the bus.
(c) It has a flat tire.
(d) A friend sees him and offers him a ride.
3. Why doesn't Kody have a credible alibi for the murder he is accused of?
(a) He feels no one would believe what he was actually doing.
(b) He is too ashamed to tell the truth.
(c) He is committing another crime.
(d) He is alone and there are no witnesses to that fact.
4. In "Can't Stop, Won't Stop," Kody is transferred to another jail. Who gives up leadership of the Crips after Kody defeats him in a fight?
(a) His brother.
(b) Crazy De.
(c) Cyco Mike.
(d) Tray Ball.
5. Who is Kody eating breakfast with as rival gang members drive by his home?
(a) Crazy De.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Kody able to escape this shooting unharmed when he is walking home from a friend's house?
2. How does the fight with these men outside the store Kody wants to rob quickly turn violent?
3. Why is Kody taking the bus home after being released from jail at the start of "The Juvenile Tank?"
4. Which girl is NOT in the car with Kody when he drives to the store he wants to rob?
5. In the chapter "The Juvenile Tank," what does Kody's crew do to seek revenge when Kody is shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kody show his leadership during the drive by at China's house?
2. In the chapter, "The Juvenile Tank" Kody deals with a lot of violence. How does these events begin to change Kody's thoughts about his gang life?
3. What happens once the police officers arrive at the hospital to interview Kody about the shooting that left him injured?
4. After a fight outside of Western Surplus, Kody is shot. How do you think this will affect his gang activities?
5. Describe what happens when Kody and his crew try to steal a van.
6. Describe Kody's relationship with Tamu.
7. Why might Kody feel guilty the night that he and Joe Joe check out Western Surplus?
8. By the time Kody tries to rob the Western Surplus store, how powerful has he become in the Tray Eights gang?
9. Name a quality that best describes Kody in the first chapter and use text evidence to explain your opinion.
10. In the chapter, "The Juvenile Tank," Kody is reflective about prison gangs. According to Kody, how does prison strengthen the gang?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)