|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fellow Tray Eights gang member does Kody see when he returns to jail in the chapter "Can't Stop, Won't Stop?"
(a) The rival gang member he tried to shoot earlier.
(b) Crazy De.
(c) Tray Balls.
(d) His brother.
2. Why is Kody excited on his graduation day from 6th grade?
(a) He is about to be initiated into the Tray Eights gang.
(b) He is graduating from 6th grade.
(c) He is excited for summer break.
(d) His parents are proud of his hard work.
3. What is the name of Kody and Tamu's daughter?
4. Where does Kody hide when rival gang members shoot at him on his way home?
(a) Under a car.
(b) In a nearby store.
(c) Inside a vacant lot.
(d) Behind a dumpster.
5. Before he could rob the store, why does Kody end up shooting a street light?
(a) The gun goes off accidently.
(b) It is too dark to see well.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What television show does Kody watch when gets home after the bike incident?
2. When Kody arrives home from jail, what does he discover happened to a fellow gang member's sister?
3. What does Kody do when he encounters a rival gang member on the bus?
4. In "The Juvenile Tank," how does the murder trial end for Kody?
5. At the end of "The Juvenile Tank, what crime does Kody commit that gets him time in a youth detention center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it foolish for Kody to be alone at night, unarmed?
2. Describe the circumstances that result in Kody's acquittal after he is arrested for murder in the summer of 1981.
3. In the chapter, "The Juvenile Tank," Kody is reflective about prison gangs. According to Kody, how does prison strengthen the gang?
4. How does China's grandfather show his disdain for gangs?
5. How does Kody's mother show concern for him when he is released the hospital?
6. When in the hospital for getting shot in the back, how does Kody view his own life and mortality?
7. What actions from this chapter illustrate Kody's violence?
8. While in jail, Kody realizes that he needs to be strong with or without a weapon. How does Kody prepare himself to fight without a gun?
9. Describe what happens when Kody and his crew try to steal a van.
10. By the time Kody tries to rob the Western Surplus store, how powerful has he become in the Tray Eights gang?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)