|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Crips' chant?
(a) Crip Chant.
(b) Universal Crip Cadence.
(c) Brothers' Crip Cadence.
(d) Death to the Bloods.
2. What does Muhammad say to Kody brother about their gang killings?
(a) He tells him to leave the service
(b) He asks him what the gang does for Kody.
(c) He says that he is justified in their gang actions
(d) He tells him that by killing black people, they are promoting their own race's self destruction.
3. Why is Kody at an Islam service while serving time in the Youth Facility?
(a) He brother is there and he wants to see him.
(b) The leader asks him to attend.
(c) He is planning a revenge attack with his gang.
(d) He is interested in the religion.
4. Why do Tamu and Kody need to go home when they are at the restaurant?
(a) Rival gang members show up.
(b) Tamu is worried about their daughter.
(c) Kody is not feeling well.
(d) They are short $10 for the bill and go home to get it.
5. What job does Kody get in the chapter "Nation Time?"
6. Why is Kody's cell block called 48 Hours?
(a) The guards change their shift every 48 hours.
(b) It is cell block 4800.
(c) If you live the first 48 hours, you have a good chance of long term survival.
(d) It is Kody's lucky number.
7. What year does Kody get rearrested for in the last chapter?
8. What world community does Kody fear is becoming gang like?
(c) United States.
9. What is Macc's set affiliation?
(b) Rollin' Sixities.
(c) Tray Eights.
(d) Mexican Mafia.
10. Who is the first person Kody meets when he arrives in prison at the start of "Reconnected?"
(a) Fat Rat.
(d) Li'l Rat.
11. Who introduces Kody to the New Afrikan Independence Movement?
(a) His brother.
(b) Akiba Dhoruba Shakur.
(d) Walter Brown.
12. How do Joker and Macc try to end their feud?
(a) They do not end it.
(b) They have a fistfight, which Joker wins.
(c) They have a shoot out.
(d) Kody steps in and beats up Macc.
13. In addition to Malcolm X, what other activist's words affect Kody?
(a) Charles Barron.
(b) Stokely Carmichael.
(c) Eldridge Cleaver.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
14. Why does Kody think B.N.C.O. appeals to the Crips?
(a) Kody is the head of it.
(b) It has a gang mentality.
(c) It is new and exciting.
(d) It is more violent.
15. What word is NOT found in the Crips chant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kody kept on "The Rock," the solitary lock down part of the Youth Facility?
2. What is NOT a rule created by the Consolidated Crips Organization?
3. In the chapter "48 Hours" why is Kody removed from his cell?
4. In the chapter "Nation Time," who harasses Kody while he is driving with Tamu and his children?
5. Who does Kody's mom want him to see upon his release from the Youth Facility in the chapter, "Tamu?"
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)