|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Muhammad say to Kody brother about their gang killings?
(a) He tells him that by killing black people, they are promoting their own race's self destruction.
(b) He tells him to leave the service
(c) He asks him what the gang does for Kody.
(d) He says that he is justified in their gang actions
2. What has happened to Kershaun at the end of the book?
(a) He continues to be in the gang.
(b) He dies.
(c) He stops dealing drugs.
(d) He goes to college.
3. What world community does Kody fear is becoming gang like?
(b) United States.
4. In the chapter, "Nation Time," what does the police officer demand Kody tell him?
(a) He wants his Social Security Number.
(b) He wants to know where the Rollin' Sixties are.
(c) He wants his real name.
(d) He wants Kody to be a police informant.
5. What is NOT a subject the new Crips organization studies?
(a) Military science.
(c) Political science.
(d) Crips' history.
6. How does Kody feel at the restaurant when he and Tamu have to leave?
(c) He did not care.
7. In the chapter, "Nation Time, why doesn't Kody want to give the police his identification?
(a) He is afraid to.
(b) He does not have an ID yet.
(c) He is not driving the car so he feels he does not need to.
(d) He left it at home.
8. How is Kody able to afford an apartment with Tamu?
(a) He works for Muhammad.
(b) He works at the church.
(c) He sells drugs.
(d) He gets a job from his mother's friend.
9. In the last chapter, which two groups decide on a cease fire?
(a) The Mexican Mafia and the Latin Kings.
(b) The different sets within the Crips' organization.
(c) The Bloods and the Independence Movement.
(d) The Bloods and the Crips.
10. What does Suma say to Kody that convinces him to join the C.C.O?
(a) He simply asks Kody to join.
(b) He does not do anything.
(c) He does not say anything, Kody wants to join.
(d) He tells Kody he has hurt too many black men and that it is his obligation to join.
11. At the start of the chapter, "48 Hours," what jail facility is Kody in?
(a) City jail.
(b) L.A. County Jail.
(c) Orange County jail.
(d) San Jose County jail.
12. At the end of the book, who does Kody blame for his decisions?
(a) His former gang.
(d) His mother.
13. In the chapter, "Nation Time," who does Kody live with on the weekends?
(b) His mother.
(c) His friend.
(d) His brother.
14. According to Kody's last chapter, how are the Crips still struggling?
(a) They are not struggling.
(b) They are loosing members.
(c) They miss Kody.
(d) They are still fighting their own.
15. Why does Kody respect Muhammad?
(a) He is interested in learning more about Islam.
(b) He helps get Kody out of trouble.
(c) He knows he is a former gang member.
(d) He is afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kody want his fellow gang members to attend Muhammad's Islam service?
2. What happens to Kody after he is arrested his involvement in attacking a drug dealer in the last chapter?
3. What events eventually convinces Macc and Joker to put their differences aside and work together?
4. In the chapter, "Tamu," what do the police find when they search Kody's home after he spends the day with Muhammad?
5. Who picks Kody from jail at the end of the chapter, "Muhammad Abdubllah"?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)