|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter, "Nation Time," what does the police officer demand Kody tell him?
(a) He wants Kody to be a police informant.
(b) He wants his Social Security Number.
(c) He wants his real name.
(d) He wants to know where the Rollin' Sixties are.
2. What does Suma say to Kody that convinces him to join the C.C.O?
(a) He simply asks Kody to join.
(b) He does not say anything, Kody wants to join.
(c) He tells Kody he has hurt too many black men and that it is his obligation to join.
(d) He does not do anything.
3. How is Kody able to afford an apartment with Tamu?
(a) He works for Muhammad.
(b) He gets a job from his mother's friend.
(c) He works at the church.
(d) He sells drugs.
4. Who kills Tray Stone?
(c) A rival gang member.
(d) Tray Stone accidently shoots himself.
5. How does Kody feel about this cease fire that occurs in the "Epilogue?"
(a) He does not care about it.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He has mixed feelings.
(d) He is upset.
6. In the final chapter, what does Kody say is the only thing the gangs leave?
7. Why is Kody's cell block called 48 Hours?
(a) It is Kody's lucky number.
(b) It is cell block 4800.
(c) The guards change their shift every 48 hours.
(d) If you live the first 48 hours, you have a good chance of long term survival.
8. Who is Kody's cell mate in the jail facility at the start of "48 Hours"?
(a) Fat Rat.
(c) Crazy De.
9. Why is Kody kept on "The Rock," the solitary lock down part of the Youth Facility?
(a) He is considered a serious offender.
(b) It is for his own protection.
(c) The regular prison is overcrowded.
(d) He hits a guard.
10. In addition to Malcolm X, what other activist's words affect Kody?
(a) Stokely Carmichael.
(b) Eldridge Cleaver.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Charles Barron.
11. How long does Kody serve in California state prison before he is paroled in the chapter "Nation Time?"
(a) Less than one year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) About five years.
12. Who picks Kody from jail at the end of the chapter, "Muhammad Abdubllah"?
(a) His mother and Tamu.
(c) Crazy De.
(d) His brother.
13. How does get to Los Angeles after he is paroled in the chapter "Nation Time?"
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) His brother sends a taxi.
(d) He mom picks him up.
14. According to Kody's last chapter, how are the Crips still struggling?
(a) They miss Kody.
(b) They are loosing members.
(c) They are still fighting their own.
(d) They are not struggling.
15. What is the name of an alternative group that grows out of the C.C.O?
(a) B.N.C.O.-Blue Note Crip Organization.
(b) Westside Crips.
(c) Mexican Mafia.
(d) Latin Kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kody after he is arrested his involvement in attacking a drug dealer in the last chapter?
2. What word is NOT found in the Crips chant?
3. In the chapter "Nation Time," what group does Kody begin to distance himself from?
4. Who is Fred Hampton?
5. In the chapter "48 Hours" why is Kody removed from his cell?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)