|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a rule created by the Consolidated Crips Organization?
(a) No English spoken after 6 P.M.
(b) Foul language against African men and women.
(c) Prisoners could not see their families.
(d) Mandatory daily study time.
2. What does Kody call police officers in the chapter "Nation Time?"
(c) He refused to call them anything.
3. In the final chapter, what does Kody say is the only thing the gangs leave?
4. What word does Kody struggle to understand from a Malcolm X quote?
5. What world community does Kody fear is becoming gang like?
(c) United States.
6. What is NOT a subject the new Crips organization studies?
(a) Crips' history.
(b) Military science.
(c) Political science.
7. What does Kody hear that amazes him at the second Islam service he attends?
(a) He realizes the gang life is hypocritical.
(b) He thinks it is time to leave the gang.
(c) He is enjoying the service.
(d) He feels that he hears parts of his own life explained.
8. In the chapter, "Tamu," what do the police find when they search Kody's home after he spends the day with Muhammad?
(a) Stolen car parts.
(b) A Malcolm X book.
9. What is the name of an alternative group that grows out of the C.C.O?
(a) Latin Kings.
(b) Mexican Mafia.
(c) Westside Crips.
(d) B.N.C.O.-Blue Note Crip Organization.
10. Who picks Kody from jail at the end of the chapter, "Muhammad Abdubllah"?
(a) His brother.
(b) Crazy De.
(d) His mother and Tamu.
11. What has happened to Kershaun at the end of the book?
(a) He dies.
(b) He stops dealing drugs.
(c) He continues to be in the gang.
(d) He goes to college.
12. Who is Kody's cell mate in the jail facility at the start of "48 Hours"?
(a) Fat Rat.
(d) Crazy De.
13. How is Kody able to afford an apartment with Tamu?
(a) He works for Muhammad.
(b) He gets a job from his mother's friend.
(c) He sells drugs.
(d) He works at the church.
14. Who does Kody's cell mate attack in the chapter "48 Hours?"
(a) A guard.
(d) Fat Rat.
15. How long is Kody is solitary confinement in the chapter "48 Hours?"
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One month.
(d) 10 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fred Hampton?
2. What ethnic group is winning the war in Folsom prison?
3. What does Muhammad say to Kody brother about their gang killings?
4. What group does Kody compare the C.C.O to?
5. How does get to Los Angeles after he is paroled in the chapter "Nation Time?"
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)