|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Li'l Hunchy?
(a) Pam's boyfriend.
(b) Kody's friend.
(c) A rival gang member.
(d) Yoland's boyfriend.
2. What does Kody take with him after climbing out of a window at his mother's house in the chapter "The Juvenile Tank?"
(a) A gun.
(c) His mother's car keys.
(d) A knife.
3. Why does Kody agree to go with the four girls to the store he wants to rob?
(a) The store is in rival gang territory and he is looking for trouble.
(b) He wants to check it out in preparation to rob it later.
(c) He wants to protect them from trouble.
(d) He suspects the girls may be setting him up for something.
4. What is the name of Kody and Tamu's daughter?
5. Why is Kody released from jail after only three days?
(a) Kody is found not guilty.
(b) The prosecution does not want to try the case.
(c) A witness came forward and says it was not Kody.
(d) Another person took responsibility for the crime.
6. Why doesn't Kody ride his bike home after the revenge shooting?
(a) A friend sees him and offers him a ride.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It has a flat tire.
(d) He decides to leave the bike and take the bus.
7. Why did Kody want to rob the store at that time?
(a) There is no security system.
(b) His friend works there and can get him in the store.
(c) It is a holiday time so there would be a lot of money.
(d) He thinks no one would be watching it.
8. Why does Kody want to fight these men outside the store he wants to rob?
(a) Lil' Hunchy starts the fight and needs help.
(b) He thinks he can beat them.
(c) These men want to rob the store too.
(d) He needs to defend himself.
9. At the end of "The Juvenile Tank, what crime does Kody commit that gets him time in a youth detention center?
(d) Car theft.
10. Which of the following is NOT an injury Kody sustained after the fight withe men outside the store?
(a) Bullets are found in his back.
(b) Bullets are removed from his leg.
(c) His stomach is being held together with staples.
(d) His back is broken.
11. What is Kody doing while Tamu is giving birth to their daughter?
(a) He is in jail.
(b) He is on a date with another girlfriend.
(c) He is with gang friends at a party.
(d) He drives into gang territory looking for trouble.
12. What does Kody do after the judge dismisses the false murder charge against him?
(a) He kills two people.
(b) He goes out for a celebration dinner.
(c) He goes to church with his mother.
(d) He wants to be alone at home.
13. What does Kody's mother realize about her son after the shooting at the store?
(a) She despises Kody.
(b) Kody is more involved in the gang than she previously thought.
(c) Gang war is raging in her neighborhood.
(d) She is thankful her son has a gun so he can protect her.
14. Who agrees to be Kody's sponsor into the gang world?
(a) Tray Ball.
(b) Huck and Lep.
(c) His older brother.
(d) Crazy De.
15. Why is it not possible for Kody to have committed the murder he is on trial for in the chapter, "Can't Stop, Won't Stop?"
(a) The killer used two hands to shoot and Kody was in a cast at the time.
(b) Kody is in jail at the time.
(c) Kody does not kill people.
(d) Kody does not have a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Juvenile Tank," how does Kody respond to the questions the police ask him in the hospital?
2. After the drive by shooting at China's house, why does Kody's gang choose to identify the shooters to the police?
3. How long is Kody awaiting trial before it begins for a shooting he did not commit?
4. Why is Kody attracted to Tamu?
5. Why is Kody rushed back to the hospital after he is arrested for murder?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)