|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Can't Stop, Won't Stop," who does Kody see get booked for murder when he arrives back in jail after returning to the hospital?
(b) Crazy De.
(c) Tray Ball.
(d) His brother.
2. Why is Kody taking the bus home after being released from jail at the start of "The Juvenile Tank?"
(a) He loses his driver's license.
(b) He fears the police will try to rearrest him.
(c) He wants to be alone.
(d) No one comes to pick him up.
3. Why does Twinky's mother want to go to April's house?
(a) She wants to see if April is hurt.
(b) She wants to talk to April's parents.
(c) She wants to comfort April who lost her boyfriend.
(d) She believes April is responsible for her son's death and wants revenge.
4. What does Kody mean when he says that the gang is like a complex military organization?
(a) People are constantly at war.
(b) It is violent.
(c) There is training.
(d) People have assigned jobs and gang is split into sets.
5. What day does Kody want to rob the store?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
6. Before he could rob the store, why does Kody end up shooting a street light?
(a) It is too dark to see well.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) The gun goes off accidently.
(d) He is angry.
7. Who is Crazy De?
(a) A rival gang member.
(b) Kody's cousin.
(c) Kody's new road dog.
(d) His brother's friend.
8. How does G.C. prevent Kody from getting caught when they are stealing the Mustang?
(a) G.C. makes sure Kody left before the light came on in the house.
(b) G.C. holds Kody back from jumping out of the car and shooting.
(c) G.C. tells Kody to hide in the back seat.
(d) Kody is not there at the time.
9. Where is Kody when he wakes up after getting injured outside of the store he wants to rob?
(a) He is recovering at a gang member's house.
(b) He is at home.
(c) He is in jail.
(d) He is in the ICU.
10. How does Kody react to his mother visiting him in jail?
(a) He refuses to see her.
(b) He is angry that she comes to visit him.
(c) He is upset that he cannot see her because he gets into a fight.
(d) He cries.
11. What kind of car does Kody shoot into when he is hanging out at China's house?
(a) Police car.
12. Who agrees to be Kody's sponsor into the gang world?
(a) Huck and Lep.
(b) His older brother.
(c) Crazy De.
(d) Tray Ball.
13. How long is Kody awaiting trial before it begins for a shooting he did not commit?
(a) Less than one week.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
14. Who are the Tray Eights' rival gang?
(a) Latin Kings.
(c) Rollin' Sixties.
(d) Mexican Mafia.
15. What is a road dog?
(a) Friend outside of the gang.
(b) A former gang member.
(c) Enemy from jail.
(d) A best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Can't Stop, Won't Stop," Kody is transferred to another jail. Who gives up leadership of the Crips after Kody defeats him in a fight?
2. What is the name of the store that Kody wants to rob?
3. What does Kody do after the judge dismisses the false murder charge against him?
4. Why does Kody agree to go with the four girls to the store he wants to rob?
5. In the chapter, "The Juvenile Tank," what does Kody's mother think caused his release from jail?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)