|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Crazy De?
(a) Kody's new road dog.
(b) His brother's friend.
(c) A rival gang member.
(d) Kody's cousin.
2. What is the name of the store that Kody wants to rob?
(a) Ralph's Supermarket
(b) Western Surplus.
(c) East Sun Sports Supplies
(d) Buddah Market.
3. What does Twinky's mother ask Kody to do after her son is killed?
(a) She does not ask Kody to do anything.
(b) Seek revenge for his death.
(c) Help her younger sons stay out of trouble.
(d) End the gang violence.
4. Where is Kody's mother during the shooting at the store?
(a) She is in the store.
(b) She is next to Kody and witnesses everything.
(c) She is already home.
(d) She goes to a church when she hears the shooting.
5. Who agrees to be Kody's sponsor into the gang world?
(a) Crazy De.
(b) His older brother.
(c) Tray Ball.
(d) Huck and Lep.
6. Why does Twinky's mother want to go to April's house?
(a) She wants to see if April is hurt.
(b) She wants to comfort April who lost her boyfriend.
(c) She believes April is responsible for her son's death and wants revenge.
(d) She wants to talk to April's parents.
7. What happens to Kody after he is mistaken as the shooter at the above incident?
(a) He is trapped in a store and beaten before the police arrive.
(b) He is held at gun point.
(c) He is hidden by his brother.
(d) Someone shoots at him.
8. When Kody is outside the store he wants to rob, he is approached by several men. How old are these men?
(a) Late twenties, early thirties.
(d) Same age as Kody.
9. What is Kody's nickname?
(a) Krazy Kody
(c) He does not have a nickname.
10. What does Lil' Hunchy do when the fight outside store Kody wants to rob turns violent?
(a) He calls 911.
(b) He stabs one of the men who is attacking Kody.
(c) He uses a gun to defend himself.
(d) He runs away.
11. Why is it not possible for Kody to have committed the murder he is on trial for in the chapter, "Can't Stop, Won't Stop?"
(a) The killer used two hands to shoot and Kody was in a cast at the time.
(b) Kody does not kill people.
(c) Kody is in jail at the time.
(d) Kody does not have a gun.
12. At the end of "The Juvenile Tank, what crime does Kody commit that gets him time in a youth detention center?
(c) Car theft.
13. While in the hospital in "Can't Stop, Won't Stop," what does Kody have nightmares about?
(a) He fears getting caught by the police and going to jail.
(b) He fears his brother will follow in his footsteps and get shot, too.
(c) He fears getting shot again and damaging his reputation.
(d) He has no fear because he is focused on revenge.
14. What is the name of Kody and Tamu's daughter?
15. In the chapter "The Juvenile Tank," what is Kody doing when his mother visits him in the hospital and she lectures him about gangs?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He is pretending to sleep.
(c) He listens to her.
(d) He is listening to music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT happen to Kody during his initiation into the Tray Eights gang?
2. Before he could rob the store, why does Kody end up shooting a street light?
3. In the chapter, "The War," why does Kody regret walking home alone from a friend's house?
4. In "Can't Stop, Won't Stop," who does Kody see get booked for murder when he arrives back in jail after returning to the hospital?
5. Why is Kody taking the bus home after being released from jail at the start of "The Juvenile Tank?"
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)