|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be done for the paw to work?
2. Where is Mrs. White at the beginning of the book?
3. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
4. What is Mr. White playing at the beginning of the book?
5. How many drinks does Morris have before he will talk openly with his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Whites respond to the knock on the door the morning after the wish?
2. What does the visitor bring the Whites?
3. How does Mrs. White respond to the gift from the visitor?
4. How does Mr. White respond to the gift from the visitor?
5. How does Mr. White act the morning after the wish?
6. How does Mr. White explain the first knock on the door to his wife?
7. What does the family do after the first wish is made?
8. What changes in Mrs. White after her son's funeral?
9. What does White choose as his first wish?
10. What happens just before the first knock on the door is heard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the Whites differ in response to their son's death?
Essay Topic 2
How does Herbert die, and what led to this death?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)