|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. White chase her son?
2. What does White do to distract the person he is playing a game with?
3. How many men have used the monkey paw?
4. What is the monkey paw meant to show?
5. Who is Mr. White playing a game with at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herbert say he hopes for now that they have the Monkey Paw?
2. How does Morris say life will go forward after a wish is made?
3. What does Mrs. White want the second wish to be?
4. What does White choose as his first wish?
5. What changes in Mrs. White after her son's funeral?
6. What happens when Mr. White makes his first wish?
7. How many wishes can the Monkey Paw Give?
8. What happens after Mr. White makes his second wish?
9. What kind of wishes does Morris say the Monkey Paw should be used for?
10. What kind of relationship do the Whites have with their son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor and honor was a theme of this play that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where did this theme of valor and honor present itself? How did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)