|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White's son do to his mother before the first wish is made?
(a) Tickles her.
(c) Squeezes her hand.
(d) Hugs her.
2. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) His future illness being spread.
(b) The paw not working.
(c) The danger others will cause.
(d) Any mishap that paw causes.
3. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
4. What title does Morris have?
(a) Sergeant Major.
5. What does Mr. White's son think Morris should have done with the paw?
(a) Copied it.
(b) Protected it.
(c) Sold it.
(d) Burned it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Morris come across the monkey paw?
2. How many drinks does Morris have before he will talk openly with his friends?
3. How many times did Morris use the monkey paw?
4. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
5. Why does Mrs. White chase her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. White say to her husband when he tries to get her to be warm in bed one night?
2. How does Morris say the Monkey Paw got its powers?
3. How does Mr. White describe his son after his death?
4. How are the Whites told of their son's injury?
5. How does Herbert get injured?
6. What does Herbert say he hopes for now that they have the Monkey Paw?
7. How was Herbert identified after his death?
8. What changes in Mrs. White after her son's funeral?
9. What changes in Mr. White after his son's funeral?
10. What ends the comfort Mrs. White feels when she learns about her son's injury?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)