|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Mr. White always wanted to travel?
2. What does Mr. White's son think Morris should have done with the paw?
(a) Copied it.
(b) Burned it.
(c) Sold it.
(d) Protected it.
3. Who keeps the paw when Morris leaves?
(a) Mr. White's son.
(b) Mrs. White.
(c) The maid.
(d) Mr. White.
4. What does Morris do when White tries to pay for the paw?
(b) Refuses it.
(c) Takes it.
(d) Demands more.
5. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
(a) The paw burns.
(b) The paw moves.
(c) The warmth left him.
(d) The lights dimmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the book?
2. What time of day does this book start?
3. Why does Mrs. White chase her son?
4. What is Mr. White playing at the beginning of the book?
5. What does White's son do to his mother before the first wish is made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. White hear after he makes the third wish?
2. What does Morris's tale of the monkey paw remind White of?
3. What does the visitor bring the Whites?
4. How does Mr. White act the morning after the wish?
5. What does Mrs. White want the second wish to be?
6. What message does the visitor have to make clear when talking with the Whites?
7. Why does the visitor act the way he does when he gets to the White's house?
8. How does Morris say life will go forward after a wish is made?
9. How do the Whites respond to Herbert's death after his funeral?
10. How does Mr. White explain the first knock on the door to his wife?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)