|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does White hesitate to make his first wish?
(a) He has been warned.
(b) He doesn't feel it is the time.
(c) He has everything he wants.
(d) He wants to do it right.
2. What must be done for the paw to work?
(a) A dance must be perormed.
(b) A chant must be sung.
(c) The wish must be said aloud.
(d) All of these.
3. How did Morris come across the monkey paw?
(a) He stole it.
(b) The previous owner died.
(c) The previous owner sold it.
(d) He found it on the ground.
4. What kind of wishes does Morris say should be made?
(a) Sensible items.
(b) Non dangerous items.
(c) Generous items.
(d) Tangible items.
5. What does Morris do when White tries to pay for the paw?
(a) Refuses it.
(b) Demands more.
(d) Takes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was done to make the monkey paw unique?
2. Why has Morris stopped working?
3. What title does Morris have?
4. What causes the family to stop talking about the paw?
5. How many men have used the monkey paw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes in Mr. White after his son's funeral?
2. What ends the comfort Mrs. White feels when she learns about her son's injury?
3. How does the visitor act when he gets to the White's house?
4. What kind of wishes does Morris say the Monkey Paw should be used for?
5. How does the author describe Mrs. White when she has her idea for the second wish?
6. How does the author advance the plot in the last chapter of the book?
7. How are the Whites told of their son's injury?
8. What does Mrs. White want the second wish to be?
9. What does Mrs. White say to her husband when he tries to get her to be warm in bed one night?
10. What does Mr. White do when he makes a mistake in his chess game?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)