|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visitor give the Whites?
(a) Herbert's wages.
(b) A picture.
(c) A bill.
(d) Some money.
2. Who is the first one to notice the visitor prowling around?
(b) Mr. White.
(d) Mrs. White.
3. How does Mr. White feel about the visitor hanging around after Herbert leaves?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is suspicious.
4. Who is the first to understand the true cause of Herbert's injury?
(a) The visitor.
(b) Mrs. White.
(d) Mr. White.
5. What does Mr. White do when he hears what the visitor has brought him?
6. When did Mr. White learn to comfort his wife?
(a) When they first got married.
(b) He never did.
(c) When they were dating.
(d) When they lost their first child.
7. Who is at the door the morning after the wish?
(a) A bill collector.
(b) The milk man.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) The mail man.
8. How does Mr. White feel about the wish the morning after?
9. How many children does Mr. White have?
10. Who comforts Mrs. White after the visitor leaves?
(a) Her husband.
(b) None of these.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her maid.
11. What does Mr. White think of people's desires being granted?
(a) It is lazy.
(b) It is ridiculous.
(c) It is ludicrous.
(d) It is amazing.
12. Why does the visitor bring something to the Whites?
(a) To validate Herbert's service.
(b) To pay his respects.
(c) To avoid a law suit.
(d) To fulfill the law.
13. Where does the visitor hang around after Herbert leaves the morning after the wish?
(a) The driveway.
(b) The back door.
(c) The mail box.
(d) The gate.
14. Where is the visitor from?
(a) Meg and Mawlins.
(b) Merk and Mergins.
(c) Maw and Meggins.
(d) Mer and Merkins.
15. What did Mr. White interfere with when he made a wish?
(b) The magic.
(c) His son.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morris says his life is a part of ___________.
2. What does Mr. White think injured his son?
3. What does the visitor think injured Herbert?
4. How did Morris say things would unfold after a wish?
5. What does Herbert joke about the morning after the wish?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)