|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the visitor from?
(a) Mer and Merkins.
(b) Meg and Mawlins.
(c) Maw and Meggins.
(d) Merk and Mergins.
2. Whose acquaintance do the Whites and the visitors have in common?
(c) All of these.
3. What brings Mrs. White comfort about Herbert's injury?
(a) He is coming home.
(b) He was doing a good thing.
(c) He is at the hospital.
(d) He is not in pain.
4. How does Mr. White feel about the visitor hanging around after Herbert leaves?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is suspicious.
(d) He is excited.
5. Why is the gift from the visitor so ironic?
(a) It is the same amount they wished for.
(b) It is what their son wanted.
(c) It is beyond what they hoped.
(d) It meets Morris's demands.
6. What is ironic about Mr. White's response to the news of Herbert's injury?
(a) He did what he told his wife not to.
(b) He dreamed about this.
(c) He smiles before he faints.
(d) He felt the paw move just before he heard.
7. How many children does Mrs. White have?
8. What does Mr. White feel like doing when he hears what the visitor brought him?
(a) Going to battle.
(b) Burning the paw.
(c) Killing the visitor.
9. How is Herbert's injury described?
(a) He is badly hurt.
(b) He is sliced through.
(c) He is bad off.
(d) He is maimed.
10. What kind of voice does the visitor use to describe his mission in coming to the house?
11. What injured Herbert?
(a) A car.
(b) An oil slick.
(c) A machine.
(d) A weapon.
12. What does the visitor think injured Herbert?
(a) The machinery.
(b) All of these.
(c) The wish.
(d) The monkey paw.
13. Why does the visitor bring something to the Whites?
(a) To validate Herbert's service.
(b) To fulfill the law.
(c) To pay his respects.
(d) To avoid a law suit.
14. How did Morris say things would unfold after a wish?
15. Whose warnings did Mr. White ignore?
(a) His father's.
(b) The maid's.
(d) His wife's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the visitor hesitant to talk to the Whites?
2. When did Mr. White learn to comfort his wife?
3. Whom does Mrs. White have to pay the morning after the wish?
4. Why is Mrs. White's hope ironic?
5. Where does Herbert go the morning after the wish?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)