|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Herbert in any pain after his injury?
(a) He is medicated.
(b) He is paralyed.
(c) He is in shock.
(d) He died.
2. How does Mr. White feel about the wish the morning after?
3. Where was Herbert when he got hurt?
(a) The park.
4. How is the visitor dressed?
(a) In rags.
(b) None of these.
5. What brings Mrs. White comfort about Herbert's injury?
(a) He is not in pain.
(b) He is coming home.
(c) He was doing a good thing.
(d) He is at the hospital.
6. What does Mr. White feel like doing when he hears what the visitor brought him?
(a) Burning the paw.
(c) Going to battle.
(d) Killing the visitor.
7. Who does Mr. White look like when he hears of the gift brought by the visitor?
(a) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
8. What is ironic about Mr. White's response to the news of Herbert's injury?
(a) He did what he told his wife not to.
(b) He felt the paw move just before he heard.
(c) He dreamed about this.
(d) He smiles before he faints.
9. How is Herbert's injury described?
(a) He is badly hurt.
(b) He is sliced through.
(c) He is bad off.
(d) He is maimed.
10. Where does Herbert go the morning after the wish?
(a) To church.
(b) To school.
(c) To the club.
(d) To work.
11. Why is the gift from the visitor so ironic?
(a) It is beyond what they hoped.
(b) It is the same amount they wished for.
(c) It is what their son wanted.
(d) It meets Morris's demands.
12. Who comforts Mrs. White after the visitor leaves?
(a) Her maid.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her husband.
(d) None of these.
13. What is the weather like the morning after the wish is made?
14. What ruins Mrs. White's comfort when she hears of Herbert's injury?
(a) It means they need more money.
(b) It means he is dead.
(c) It means he is fired.
(d) It means it went fast.
15. What does the visitor give the Whites?
(a) A bill.
(b) Some money.
(c) A picture.
(d) Herbert's wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to understand the true cause of Herbert's injury?
2. In what does Mrs. White put her hope?
3. How long have the Whites been together?
4. Whose warnings did Mr. White ignore?
5. How many children does Mrs. White have?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)