|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morris says men should not interfere with __________.
2. What does Mrs. White say when her husband loses his game?
(a) He never had a chance.
(b) He should practice more.
(c) He had it coming.
(d) He will win next time.
3. What does Mrs. White say she would wish for?
(a) Self cleaning items.
(b) Long life.
(c) More money.
(d) Extra hands.
4. How does Mr. White feel about Morris's travels?
(a) He is fearful.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) All of these.
5. What title does Morris have?
(a) Sergeant Major.
6. How long did Morris travel?
(a) 31 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 41 years.
7. Who asks Morris if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Mr. White's son.
(b) Mr. White.
(c) Mrs. White.
(d) The maid.
8. What does White do to distract the person he is playing a game with?
(a) Argues with his wife.
(b) Eats his cake.
(c) Explains his illness.
(d) Talks about their visitor.
9. How many drinks does Morris have before he will talk openly with his friends?
10. What does Morris talk about when he has had enough to drink?
(a) His travels.
(b) His lover.
(c) His religion.
(d) His job.
11. What kind of wishes does Morris say should be made?
(a) Tangible items.
(b) Generous items.
(c) Non dangerous items.
(d) Sensible items.
12. Why does Morris not use the monkey paw any more?
(a) He forgot about it.
(b) He has nothing mroe to wish for.
(c) His wishes are used up.
(d) He is afraid of it.
13. Where must the paw be held in to be used?
(a) The left hand.
(b) The right hand.
(c) Over a grave.
(d) The right knee.
14. What is Mrs. White doing at the beginning of the book?
(c) Darning socks.
15. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) His future illness being spread.
(b) The danger others will cause.
(c) Any mishap that paw causes.
(d) The paw not working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. White chase her son?
2. What time of day does this book start?
3. Where is Mrs. White at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
5. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)