|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the book?
2. How many men have used the monkey paw?
3. What is the monkey paw used for?
(c) Black mail.
4. What is the name of the White's house?
(a) Lakesnam Villa.
(b) Villa Larkshire.
(c) Lake Side Villa.
(d) Villa Lake Ridge.
5. Why has Morris stopped working?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is rich now.
(c) He was injured.
(d) He is retired.
6. What does White's son dislike about his house?
(a) The path to the house.
(b) The size.
(c) All of these.
(d) The dark windows.
7. Who made the monkey paw unique?
(a) A sorcerer.
(b) A snake tamer.
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A fakir.
8. What does White compare the paw to during his first wish?
(a) A talisman.
(b) A wind.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wand.
9. How long did Morris travel?
(a) 41 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 31 years.
10. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) His future illness being spread.
(b) Any mishap that paw causes.
(c) The paw not working.
(d) The danger others will cause.
11. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Screams out.
(b) Gives it to Mr. White's son.
(c) Smashes the paw.
(d) Throws the paw on the fire.
12. Mr. White's son wants to use the paw ___________.
(a) To find love.
(b) To cure his mother.
(c) To make himself popular.
(d) To get rich.
13. How was the monkey paw preserved?
(a) It was mummified.
(b) It was encased.
(c) It was salted.
(d) It was dried.
14. What does Morris say makes the monkey paw work?
(a) The devil.
15. Whom is Mr. White waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His friend.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps the paw when Morris leaves?
2. What time of day does this book start?
3. Why does Mrs. White chase her son?
4. What kind of wishes does Morris say should be made?
5. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)