|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
2. What kind of wishes does Morris say should be made?
(a) Tangible items.
(b) Generous items.
(c) Sensible items.
(d) Non dangerous items.
3. How was the monkey paw preserved?
(a) It was encased.
(b) It was mummified.
(c) It was dried.
(d) It was salted.
4. What is the monkey paw used for?
(d) Black mail.
5. Where did Morris get the monkey's paw?
6. Why has Morris stopped working?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He is rich now.
7. What color is Morris's face?
8. Who asks Morris if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Mr. White.
(b) Mr. White's son.
(c) The maid.
(d) Mrs. White.
9. What does Mrs. White say when her husband loses his game?
(a) He will win next time.
(b) He never had a chance.
(c) He should practice more.
(d) He had it coming.
10. What is the name of the White's house?
(a) Villa Lake Ridge.
(b) Lakesnam Villa.
(c) Villa Larkshire.
(d) Lake Side Villa.
11. What time of day does this book start?
12. What does Mrs. White say she would wish for?
(a) Long life.
(b) Self cleaning items.
(c) More money.
(d) Extra hands.
13. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) His future illness being spread.
(b) The danger others will cause.
(c) The paw not working.
(d) Any mishap that paw causes.
14. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
(a) The warmth left him.
(b) The lights dimmed.
(c) The paw moves.
(d) The paw burns.
15. Who keeps the paw when Morris leaves?
(a) Mr. White.
(b) Mrs. White.
(c) Mr. White's son.
(d) The maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. White chases her son around with _________.
2. How did Morris come across the monkey paw?
3. Why does Mr. White try to distract the person he is playing with at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Mrs. White doing at the beginning of the book?
5. What does White's son do to his mother before the first wish is made?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)