|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does White's son suggest a sum to be wished for?
(a) It would pay for a wedding.
(b) It would give him a college education.
(c) It would pay off the house.
(d) It would double their savings.
2. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
(a) The paw moves.
(b) The warmth left him.
(c) The lights dimmed.
(d) The paw burns.
3. Where must the paw be held in to be used?
(a) Over a grave.
(b) The left hand.
(c) The right knee.
(d) The right hand.
4. What does Mrs. White say she would wish for?
(a) Extra hands.
(b) More money.
(c) Self cleaning items.
(d) Long life.
5. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
6. Why does Mr. White try to distract the person he is playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has a lot on his mind.
(b) He is worried about his son.
(c) He doesn't want to lose the bet.
(d) He made a mistake.
7. Who asks Morris if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Mrs. White.
(b) Mr. White's son.
(c) Mr. White.
(d) The maid.
8. What time of day does this book start?
9. How was the monkey paw preserved?
(a) It was mummified.
(b) It was dried.
(c) It was encased.
(d) It was salted.
10. What does Morris do when White tries to pay for the paw?
(a) Refuses it.
(b) Demands more.
(d) Takes it.
11. How many men have used the monkey paw?
12. Why does White hesitate to make his first wish?
(a) He doesn't feel it is the time.
(b) He wants to do it right.
(c) He has been warned.
(d) He has everything he wants.
13. What does Morris say makes the monkey paw work?
(c) The devil.
14. What does White do to distract the person he is playing a game with?
(a) Explains his illness.
(b) Talks about their visitor.
(c) Eats his cake.
(d) Argues with his wife.
15. What is the monkey paw used for?
(c) Black mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. White playing at the beginning of the book?
2. Mrs. White chases her son around with _________.
3. What kind of eyes does Morris have?
4. What must be done for the paw to work?
5. What does White compare the paw to during his first wish?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)