|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Mr. White always wanted to travel?
2. What kind of wishes does Morris say should be made?
(a) Tangible items.
(b) Generous items.
(c) Non dangerous items.
(d) Sensible items.
3. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
4. What is the monkey paw meant to show?
(a) Fate rules the world.
(b) Generosity rules.
(c) Men are fickle.
(d) The devil is real.
5. What is Morris's reason for his travels?
(a) He works in trade.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He is adventurous.
(d) He is a sailor.
6. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Throws the paw on the fire.
(b) Gives it to Mr. White's son.
(c) Smashes the paw.
(d) Screams out.
7. How many times did Morris use the monkey paw?
8. How does Mr. White know his visitor is there?
(a) His dog barks.
(b) The gate bangs.
(c) He hears a donkey bray.
(d) There is a knock on the door.
9. How many drinks does Morris have before he will talk openly with his friends?
10. What kind of eyes does Morris have?
11. Why does Mr. White try to distract the person he is playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is worried about his son.
(b) He made a mistake.
(c) He has a lot on his mind.
(d) He doesn't want to lose the bet.
12. What must be done for the paw to work?
(a) The wish must be said aloud.
(b) A chant must be sung.
(c) All of these.
(d) A dance must be perormed.
13. Mrs. White chases her son around with _________.
(a) A chaise.
(b) An antimacassar.
(c) A candle stick.
(d) A dirty rag.
14. Why does White's son suggest a sum to be wished for?
(a) It would double their savings.
(b) It would pay for a wedding.
(c) It would give him a college education.
(d) It would pay off the house.
15. What was done to make the monkey paw unique?
(a) A spell was placed on it.
(b) It had a spirit transferred to it.
(c) It was blessed.
(d) A curse was placed on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps the paw when Morris leaves?
2. What is Mr. White playing at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Morris not use the monkey paw any more?
4. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
5. Morris says men should not interfere with __________.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)