|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Morris come across the monkey paw?
(a) The previous owner died.
(b) The previous owner sold it.
(c) He found it on the ground.
(d) He stole it.
2. What is Morris's reason for his travels?
(a) He is a sailor.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He works in trade.
(d) He is adventurous.
3. How does Mr. White know his visitor is there?
(a) He hears a donkey bray.
(b) There is a knock on the door.
(c) The gate bangs.
(d) His dog barks.
4. Why does Mr. White try to distract the person he is playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is worried about his son.
(b) He made a mistake.
(c) He has a lot on his mind.
(d) He doesn't want to lose the bet.
5. Who is Mr. White playing a game with at the beginning of the book?
(a) His friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His cousin.
6. What must be done for the paw to work?
(a) A chant must be sung.
(b) The wish must be said aloud.
(c) A dance must be perormed.
(d) All of these.
7. What kind of wishes does Morris say should be made?
(a) Tangible items.
(b) Sensible items.
(c) Generous items.
(d) Non dangerous items.
8. What is the monkey paw used for?
(a) Black mail.
9. Where has Mr. White always wanted to travel?
10. How does Mr. White feel about Morris's travels?
(a) He is fearful.
(b) He is excited.
(c) All of these.
(d) He is jealous.
11. What is Mrs. White doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Darning socks.
12. What time of day does this book start?
13. Whom is Mr. White waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His son.
(d) His friend.
14. How was the monkey paw preserved?
(a) It was salted.
(b) It was dried.
(c) It was mummified.
(d) It was encased.
15. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
(a) It should be sold.
(b) It should be burned.
(c) It should be burried.
(d) It should be protected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of eyes does Morris have?
2. Morris says men should not interfere with __________.
3. Where did Morris get the monkey's paw?
4. What is the name of the White's house?
5. What does Mr. White's son think Morris should have done with the paw?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)