|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was done to make the monkey paw unique?
(a) A curse was placed on it.
(b) A spell was placed on it.
(c) It had a spirit transferred to it.
(d) It was blessed.
2. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
(a) The warmth left him.
(b) The paw moves.
(c) The lights dimmed.
(d) The paw burns.
3. What is the name of the White's house?
(a) Lake Side Villa.
(b) Villa Lake Ridge.
(c) Lakesnam Villa.
(d) Villa Larkshire.
4. What is the monkey paw used for?
(d) Black mail.
5. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
6. What color is Morris's face?
7. What is the name of Mr. White's son?
8. Why does White hesitate to make his first wish?
(a) He wants to do it right.
(b) He doesn't feel it is the time.
(c) He has been warned.
(d) He has everything he wants.
9. How long did Morris travel?
(a) 41 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 31 years.
(d) 11 years.
10. What is Mrs. White doing at the beginning of the book?
(b) Darning socks.
11. What time of day does this book start?
12. Where has Mr. White always wanted to travel?
13. What is Mr. White playing at the beginning of the book?
14. Why does Mr. White try to distract the person he is playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) He doesn't want to lose the bet.
(b) He is worried about his son.
(c) He has a lot on his mind.
(d) He made a mistake.
15. Why does White's son suggest a sum to be wished for?
(a) It would double their savings.
(b) It would pay for a wedding.
(c) It would give him a college education.
(d) It would pay off the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morris says men should not interfere with __________.
2. Who asks Morris if he would ever use the paw again?
3. How many times did Morris use the monkey paw?
4. What does Morris talk about when he has had enough to drink?
5. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)