|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does White hesitate to make his first wish?
(a) He doesn't feel it is the time.
(b) He has been warned.
(c) He has everything he wants.
(d) He wants to do it right.
2. Where is Mrs. White at the beginning of the book?
(a) The church.
(b) A hopsital.
(c) Her school.
(d) Her home.
3. What does Morris say makes the monkey paw work?
(c) The devil.
4. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
5. What is the name of Mr. White's son?
6. Who asks Morris if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Mr. White.
(b) Mr. White's son.
(c) The maid.
(d) Mrs. White.
7. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Smashes the paw.
(b) Throws the paw on the fire.
(c) Screams out.
(d) Gives it to Mr. White's son.
8. How many men have used the monkey paw?
9. Who made the monkey paw unique?
(a) A snake tamer.
(b) A fakir.
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A sorcerer.
10. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
(a) The paw burns.
(b) The lights dimmed.
(c) The paw moves.
(d) The warmth left him.
11. What does Mr. White's son think Morris should have done with the paw?
(a) Copied it.
(b) Protected it.
(c) Sold it.
(d) Burned it.
12. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
(a) It should be burned.
(b) It should be burried.
(c) It should be sold.
(d) It should be protected.
13. What is Morris's reason for his travels?
(a) He works in trade.
(b) He is adventurous.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He is a sailor.
14. What causes the family to stop talking about the paw?
(a) Morris changes the subject.
(b) Dinner is served.
(c) Chess is played.
(d) The storm rages.
15. How does Mr. White feel about Morris's travels?
(a) All of these.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is fearful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Morris use the monkey paw?
2. Where has Mr. White always wanted to travel?
3. How does Mr. White know his visitor is there?
4. What is Mr. White playing at the beginning of the book?
5. What does White's son dislike about his house?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)