|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. White's son think Morris should have done with the paw?
(a) Protected it.
(b) Sold it.
(c) Copied it.
(d) Burned it.
2. Where does Morris keep the monkey paw?
(a) His saddle bags.
(b) His pocket.
(c) His stock box.
(d) His satchel.
3. Why has Morris stopped working?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is rich now.
(c) He was injured.
(d) He is retired.
4. What causes the family to stop talking about the paw?
(a) Dinner is served.
(b) The storm rages.
(c) Chess is played.
(d) Morris changes the subject.
5. What is Mrs. White doing at the beginning of the book?
(b) Darning socks.
6. Who made the monkey paw unique?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) A snake tamer.
(c) A sorcerer.
(d) A fakir.
7. Whom is Mr. White waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His son.
(c) His friend.
(d) His wife.
8. Why does Mrs. White chase her son?
(a) She is angry.
(b) For fun.
(c) For exercise.
(d) To get him to work.
9. What was done to make the monkey paw unique?
(a) A spell was placed on it.
(b) It had a spirit transferred to it.
(c) It was blessed.
(d) A curse was placed on it.
10. How many drinks does Morris have before he will talk openly with his friends?
11. What does Mrs. White say she would wish for?
(a) Long life.
(b) More money.
(c) Extra hands.
(d) Self cleaning items.
12. Why does Morris not use the monkey paw any more?
(a) He forgot about it.
(b) He is afraid of it.
(c) His wishes are used up.
(d) He has nothing mroe to wish for.
13. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
14. Where has Mr. White always wanted to travel?
15. How did Morris come across the monkey paw?
(a) The previous owner died.
(b) The previous owner sold it.
(c) He found it on the ground.
(d) He stole it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
2. How does Mr. White know his visitor is there?
3. What does Morris say makes the monkey paw work?
4. What is the name of the White's house?
5. What does White's son dislike about his house?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)