|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) The danger others will cause.
(b) His future illness being spread.
(c) The paw not working.
(d) Any mishap that paw causes.
2. What is Mr. White playing at the beginning of the book?
3. Whom is Mr. White waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His friend.
(d) His cousin.
4. How does Mr. White know his visitor is there?
(a) There is a knock on the door.
(b) He hears a donkey bray.
(c) The gate bangs.
(d) His dog barks.
5. What does White's son dislike about his house?
(a) The size.
(b) The path to the house.
(c) The dark windows.
(d) All of these.
6. How does Mr. White feel about Morris's travels?
(a) All of these.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is fearful.
7. Where has Mr. White always wanted to travel?
8. Why does Morris not use the monkey paw any more?
(a) He forgot about it.
(b) He is afraid of it.
(c) He has nothing mroe to wish for.
(d) His wishes are used up.
9. Why does White hesitate to make his first wish?
(a) He wants to do it right.
(b) He doesn't feel it is the time.
(c) He has everything he wants.
(d) He has been warned.
10. Why does White's son suggest a sum to be wished for?
(a) It would pay for a wedding.
(b) It would double their savings.
(c) It would pay off the house.
(d) It would give him a college education.
11. What is the monkey paw used for?
(a) Black mail.
12. Morris says men should not interfere with __________.
13. Who is Mr. White playing a game with at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife.
(b) His friend.
(c) His son.
(d) His cousin.
14. What does Morris say makes the monkey paw work?
(b) The devil.
15. Why does Mr. White try to distract the person he is playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has a lot on his mind.
(b) He doesn't want to lose the bet.
(c) He is worried about his son.
(d) He made a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was done to make the monkey paw unique?
2. Why has Morris stopped working?
3. What must be done for the paw to work?
4. What does White do to distract the person he is playing a game with?
5. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)