|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mrs. White at the beginning of the book?
(a) A hopsital.
(b) Her school.
(c) The church.
(d) Her home.
2. What is Morris's reason for his travels?
(a) He is adventurous.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He is a sailor.
(d) He works in trade.
3. What does Morris say makes the monkey paw work?
(b) The devil.
4. What does Morris do when White tries to pay for the paw?
(a) Demands more.
(b) Refuses it.
(d) Takes it.
5. Where has Mr. White always wanted to travel?
6. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Throws the paw on the fire.
(b) Smashes the paw.
(c) Screams out.
(d) Gives it to Mr. White's son.
7. What is the monkey paw meant to show?
(a) Generosity rules.
(b) The devil is real.
(c) Fate rules the world.
(d) Men are fickle.
8. How many drinks does Morris have before he will talk openly with his friends?
9. What must be done for the paw to work?
(a) The wish must be said aloud.
(b) A chant must be sung.
(c) All of these.
(d) A dance must be perormed.
10. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) His future illness being spread.
(b) The danger others will cause.
(c) The paw not working.
(d) Any mishap that paw causes.
11. How was the monkey paw preserved?
(a) It was dried.
(b) It was salted.
(c) It was encased.
(d) It was mummified.
12. Why does Morris not use the monkey paw any more?
(a) He has nothing mroe to wish for.
(b) He is afraid of it.
(c) He forgot about it.
(d) His wishes are used up.
13. Why does Mr. White try to distract the person he is playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) He made a mistake.
(b) He has a lot on his mind.
(c) He doesn't want to lose the bet.
(d) He is worried about his son.
14. What does Mr. White's son think Morris should have done with the paw?
(a) Burned it.
(b) Copied it.
(c) Sold it.
(d) Protected it.
15. How long did Morris travel?
(a) 41 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 31 years.
(d) 21 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. White doing at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Mrs. White chase her son?
3. Where does Morris keep the monkey paw?
4. Whom is Mr. White waiting for at the beginning of the book?
5. Where did Morris get the monkey's paw?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)