|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White's son do to his mother before the first wish is made?
(a) Squeezes her hand.
(b) Hugs her.
(d) Tickles her.
2. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) Any mishap that paw causes.
(b) The paw not working.
(c) His future illness being spread.
(d) The danger others will cause.
3. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Screams out.
(b) Throws the paw on the fire.
(c) Gives it to Mr. White's son.
(d) Smashes the paw.
4. What is the name of Mr. White's son?
5. What time of day does this book start?
6. Mrs. White chases her son around with _________.
(a) A dirty rag.
(b) A chaise.
(c) A candle stick.
(d) An antimacassar.
7. What is the name of the White's house?
(a) Lake Side Villa.
(b) Lakesnam Villa.
(c) Villa Lake Ridge.
(d) Villa Larkshire.
8. What does Mr. White's son think Morris should have done with the paw?
(a) Copied it.
(b) Burned it.
(c) Sold it.
(d) Protected it.
9. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
10. Who asks Morris if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) The maid.
(b) Mrs. White.
(c) Mr. White's son.
(d) Mr. White.
11. What is Morris's reason for his travels?
(a) He is a sailor.
(b) He is adventurous.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He works in trade.
12. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
(a) It should be burried.
(b) It should be protected.
(c) It should be burned.
(d) It should be sold.
13. What is the monkey paw used for?
(b) Black mail.
14. Where must the paw be held in to be used?
(a) The right knee.
(b) The left hand.
(c) Over a grave.
(d) The right hand.
15. What does Morris talk about when he has had enough to drink?
(a) His job.
(b) His religion.
(c) His lover.
(d) His travels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wishes does Morris say should be made?
2. What must be done for the paw to work?
3. Whom is Mr. White waiting for at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Morris come across the monkey paw?
5. How much money does White's son suggest wishing for?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)