|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Mr. White waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His son.
(c) His friend.
(d) His wife.
2. What is Morris's reason for his travels?
(a) He is adventurous.
(b) He works in trade.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He is a sailor.
3. How was the monkey paw preserved?
(a) It was salted.
(b) It was encased.
(c) It was dried.
(d) It was mummified.
4. How much money does White's son suggest wishing for?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 400 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
5. What does Morris do when White tries to pay for the paw?
(a) Demands more.
(b) Refuses it.
(c) Takes it.
6. What is the monkey paw used for?
(a) Black mail.
7. What is the monkey paw meant to show?
(a) Fate rules the world.
(b) Men are fickle.
(c) Generosity rules.
(d) The devil is real.
8. What does White compare the paw to during his first wish?
(a) A wind.
(b) A talisman.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wand.
9. How many men have used the monkey paw?
10. What must be done for the paw to work?
(a) The wish must be said aloud.
(b) A chant must be sung.
(c) All of these.
(d) A dance must be perormed.
11. How many drinks does Morris have before he will talk openly with his friends?
12. Who made the monkey paw unique?
(a) A fakir.
(b) A sorcerer.
(c) A snake tamer.
(d) A soothsayer.
13. How did Morris come across the monkey paw?
(a) He stole it.
(b) He found it on the ground.
(c) The previous owner sold it.
(d) The previous owner died.
14. What is the name of the White's house?
(a) Lakesnam Villa.
(b) Villa Lake Ridge.
(c) Lake Side Villa.
(d) Villa Larkshire.
15. What does Mrs. White say she would wish for?
(a) More money.
(b) Self cleaning items.
(c) Long life.
(d) Extra hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. White say when her husband loses his game?
2. What does Morris say makes the monkey paw work?
3. Why does Morris not use the monkey paw any more?
4. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
5. What does White do to distract the person he is playing a game with?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)