Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps the paw when Morris leaves?
(a) Mr. White's son.
(b) The maid.
(c) Mr. White.
(d) Mrs. White.
2. Why has Morris stopped working?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He is rich now.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is retired.
3. What does White compare the paw to during his first wish?
(a) A snake.
(b) A wind.
(c) A wand.
(d) A talisman.
4. What does Morris do when White tries to pay for the paw?
(a) Takes it.
(b) Refuses it.
(c) Demands more.
5. How many times did Morris use the monkey paw?
6. What was done to make the monkey paw unique?
(a) It was blessed.
(b) It had a spirit transferred to it.
(c) A curse was placed on it.
(d) A spell was placed on it.
7. How many men have used the monkey paw?
8. What is the name of the White's house?
(a) Lake Side Villa.
(b) Villa Lake Ridge.
(c) Villa Larkshire.
(d) Lakesnam Villa.
9. What does Morris talk about when he has had enough to drink?
(a) His job.
(b) His travels.
(c) His lover.
(d) His religion.
10. How long did Morris travel?
(a) 21 years.
(b) 41 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 31 years.
11. Where is Mrs. White at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her home.
(b) A hopsital.
(c) The church.
(d) Her school.
12. How does Mr. White know his visitor is there?
(a) The gate bangs.
(b) There is a knock on the door.
(c) His dog barks.
(d) He hears a donkey bray.
13. What does Mr. White's son think Morris should have done with the paw?
(a) Burned it.
(b) Sold it.
(c) Copied it.
(d) Protected it.
14. What is Mrs. White doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Darning socks.
15. What does Mrs. White say when her husband loses his game?
(a) He never had a chance.
(b) He will win next time.
(c) He had it coming.
(d) He should practice more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. White playing a game with at the beginning of the book?
2. What is the monkey paw used for?
3. Where must the paw be held in to be used?
4. What is the name of Mr. White's son?
5. What kind of wishes does Morris say should be made?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)