|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Gives it to Mr. White's son.
(b) Smashes the paw.
(c) Screams out.
(d) Throws the paw on the fire.
2. What color is Morris's face?
3. What is Morris's reason for his travels?
(a) He is a sailor.
(b) He is adventurous.
(c) He works in trade.
(d) He is in the military.
4. How much money does White's son suggest wishing for?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 400 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
5. What is Mr. White playing at the beginning of the book?
6. How many times did Morris use the monkey paw?
7. Where must the paw be held in to be used?
(a) The right hand.
(b) Over a grave.
(c) The left hand.
(d) The right knee.
8. Why has Morris stopped working?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He was injured.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He is rich now.
9. What is Mrs. White doing at the beginning of the book?
(c) Darning socks.
10. Where does Morris keep the monkey paw?
(a) His pocket.
(b) His saddle bags.
(c) His satchel.
(d) His stock box.
11. What does White's son do to his mother before the first wish is made?
(a) Squeezes her hand.
(b) Tickles her.
(d) Hugs her.
12. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
(a) It should be burned.
(b) It should be protected.
(c) It should be sold.
(d) It should be burried.
13. What does Mrs. White say when her husband loses his game?
(a) He will win next time.
(b) He never had a chance.
(c) He had it coming.
(d) He should practice more.
14. Who keeps the paw when Morris leaves?
(a) Mr. White.
(b) Mr. White's son.
(c) The maid.
(d) Mrs. White.
15. What does White's son dislike about his house?
(a) The size.
(b) All of these.
(c) The dark windows.
(d) The path to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. White at the beginning of the book?
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the book?
3. Mr. White's son wants to use the paw ___________.
4. What does Morris do when White tries to pay for the paw?
5. What does White compare the paw to during his first wish?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)