|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. White say she would wish for?
(a) Long life.
(b) Extra hands.
(c) Self cleaning items.
(d) More money.
2. Where must the paw be held in to be used?
(a) Over a grave.
(b) The right hand.
(c) The right knee.
(d) The left hand.
3. How much money does White's son suggest wishing for?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
4. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Throws the paw on the fire.
(b) Gives it to Mr. White's son.
(c) Screams out.
(d) Smashes the paw.
5. Where is Mrs. White at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her home.
(b) A hopsital.
(c) The church.
(d) Her school.
6. Who keeps the paw when Morris leaves?
(a) Mrs. White.
(b) Mr. White.
(c) Mr. White's son.
(d) The maid.
7. What does Morris talk about when he has had enough to drink?
(a) His lover.
(b) His job.
(c) His travels.
(d) His religion.
8. How many men have used the monkey paw?
9. What was done to make the monkey paw unique?
(a) It had a spirit transferred to it.
(b) It was blessed.
(c) A spell was placed on it.
(d) A curse was placed on it.
10. How did Morris come across the monkey paw?
(a) He stole it.
(b) He found it on the ground.
(c) The previous owner died.
(d) The previous owner sold it.
11. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) The danger others will cause.
(b) Any mishap that paw causes.
(c) The paw not working.
(d) His future illness being spread.
12. What does Mrs. White say when her husband loses his game?
(a) He had it coming.
(b) He will win next time.
(c) He never had a chance.
(d) He should practice more.
13. How many times did Morris use the monkey paw?
14. What is Morris's reason for his travels?
(a) He is a sailor.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He works in trade.
(d) He is adventurous.
15. What is the weather like at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. White try to distract the person he is playing with at the beginning of the book?
2. What is the name of the White's house?
3. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
4. What does Mr. White's son think Morris should have done with the paw?
5. Whom is Mr. White waiting for at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)