|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be done for the paw to work?
(a) All of these.
(b) A chant must be sung.
(c) The wish must be said aloud.
(d) A dance must be perormed.
2. How many times did Morris use the monkey paw?
3. How does Mr. White know his visitor is there?
(a) The gate bangs.
(b) There is a knock on the door.
(c) His dog barks.
(d) He hears a donkey bray.
4. How many drinks does Morris have before he will talk openly with his friends?
5. Mr. White's son wants to use the paw ___________.
(a) To cure his mother.
(b) To get rich.
(c) To make himself popular.
(d) To find love.
6. What causes the family to stop talking about the paw?
(a) Dinner is served.
(b) The storm rages.
(c) Morris changes the subject.
(d) Chess is played.
7. What does Morris do when White tries to pay for the paw?
(a) Refuses it.
(b) Demands more.
(c) Takes it.
8. What kind of wishes does Morris say should be made?
(a) Non dangerous items.
(b) Tangible items.
(c) Generous items.
(d) Sensible items.
9. What does Mrs. White say when her husband loses his game?
(a) He should practice more.
(b) He will win next time.
(c) He had it coming.
(d) He never had a chance.
10. Whom is Mr. White waiting for at the beginning of the book?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His son.
(c) His friend.
(d) His wife.
11. How much money does White's son suggest wishing for?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 400 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
12. What color is Morris's face?
13. What does White compare the paw to during his first wish?
(a) A wand.
(b) A wind.
(c) A snake.
(d) A talisman.
14. Why does Mrs. White chase her son?
(a) To get him to work.
(b) She is angry.
(c) For exercise.
(d) For fun.
15. Where must the paw be held in to be used?
(a) The left hand.
(b) Over a grave.
(c) The right knee.
(d) The right hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. White chase her son?
2. How does Mr. White feel about Morris's travels?
3. What is the monkey paw meant to show?
4. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
5. Why has Morris stopped working?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)