|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drinks does Morris have before he will talk openly with his friends?
2. Why does White hesitate to make his first wish?
(a) He wants to do it right.
(b) He has everything he wants.
(c) He doesn't feel it is the time.
(d) He has been warned.
3. Who made the monkey paw unique?
(a) A sorcerer.
(b) A snake tamer.
(c) A fakir.
(d) A soothsayer.
4. What is Morris's reason for his travels?
(a) He works in trade.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He is adventurous.
(d) He is a sailor.
5. Who is Mr. White playing a game with at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His friend.
6. Where is Mrs. White at the beginning of the book?
(a) A hopsital.
(b) Her school.
(c) The church.
(d) Her home.
7. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
(a) It should be protected.
(b) It should be burned.
(c) It should be sold.
(d) It should be burried.
8. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
9. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
(a) The paw burns.
(b) The warmth left him.
(c) The paw moves.
(d) The lights dimmed.
10. What time of day does this book start?
11. What does Mrs. White say she would wish for?
(a) Self cleaning items.
(b) Extra hands.
(c) More money.
(d) Long life.
12. What kind of wishes does Morris say should be made?
(a) Generous items.
(b) Tangible items.
(c) Sensible items.
(d) Non dangerous items.
13. What is Mr. White playing at the beginning of the book?
14. Who asks Morris if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Mr. White's son.
(b) Mrs. White.
(c) Mr. White.
(d) The maid.
15. Who keeps the paw when Morris leaves?
(a) Mrs. White.
(b) The maid.
(c) Mr. White.
(d) Mr. White's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. White chase her son?
2. What color is Morris's face?
3. What is the name of Mr. White's son?
4. What is the monkey paw meant to show?
5. Why does Morris not use the monkey paw any more?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)