|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Gives it to Mr. White's son.
(b) Smashes the paw.
(c) Screams out.
(d) Throws the paw on the fire.
2. What does Morris talk about when he has had enough to drink?
(a) His travels.
(b) His lover.
(c) His job.
(d) His religion.
3. How does Mr. White know his visitor is there?
(a) There is a knock on the door.
(b) His dog barks.
(c) The gate bangs.
(d) He hears a donkey bray.
4. Where does Mrs. White chase her son?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The library.
5. Mrs. White chases her son around with _________.
(a) An antimacassar.
(b) A chaise.
(c) A candle stick.
(d) A dirty rag.
6. What does White do to distract the person he is playing a game with?
(a) Eats his cake.
(b) Talks about their visitor.
(c) Argues with his wife.
(d) Explains his illness.
7. How many times did Morris use the monkey paw?
8. What does Mrs. White say when her husband loses his game?
(a) He should practice more.
(b) He will win next time.
(c) He had it coming.
(d) He never had a chance.
9. What does Mrs. White say she would wish for?
(a) Long life.
(b) More money.
(c) Self cleaning items.
(d) Extra hands.
10. Where is Mrs. White at the beginning of the book?
(a) The church.
(b) Her home.
(c) A hopsital.
(d) Her school.
11. What is the monkey paw meant to show?
(a) Fate rules the world.
(b) The devil is real.
(c) Men are fickle.
(d) Generosity rules.
12. What must be done for the paw to work?
(a) A chant must be sung.
(b) All of these.
(c) A dance must be perormed.
(d) The wish must be said aloud.
13. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) Any mishap that paw causes.
(b) The danger others will cause.
(c) His future illness being spread.
(d) The paw not working.
14. How long did Morris travel?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 41 years.
(c) 31 years.
(d) 21 years.
15. What is the name of Mr. White's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Morris says men should not interfere with __________.
2. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
3. Whom is Mr. White waiting for at the beginning of the book?
4. Where did Morris get the monkey's paw?
5. What does Morris say makes the monkey paw work?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)