|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. White say when her husband loses his game?
(a) He never had a chance.
(b) He will win next time.
(c) He should practice more.
(d) He had it coming.
2. Where must the paw be held in to be used?
(a) The left hand.
(b) The right knee.
(c) Over a grave.
(d) The right hand.
3. What is Mr. White playing at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) Any mishap that paw causes.
(b) His future illness being spread.
(c) The paw not working.
(d) The danger others will cause.
5. Where is Mrs. White at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her home.
(b) A hopsital.
(c) Her school.
(d) The church.
6. What does Mr. White's son think Morris should have done with the paw?
(a) Sold it.
(b) Copied it.
(c) Protected it.
(d) Burned it.
7. What is Mrs. White doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Darning socks.
8. What title does Morris have?
(d) Sergeant Major.
9. Why does Mr. White try to distract the person he is playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is worried about his son.
(b) He doesn't want to lose the bet.
(c) He made a mistake.
(d) He has a lot on his mind.
10. What is the monkey paw meant to show?
(a) Generosity rules.
(b) Fate rules the world.
(c) The devil is real.
(d) Men are fickle.
11. How many times did Morris use the monkey paw?
12. What must be done for the paw to work?
(a) A chant must be sung.
(b) The wish must be said aloud.
(c) A dance must be perormed.
(d) All of these.
13. What color is Morris's face?
14. What does Mrs. White say she would wish for?
(a) Self cleaning items.
(b) More money.
(c) Long life.
(d) Extra hands.
15. What is the weather like at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the monkey paw preserved?
2. Mr. White's son wants to use the paw ___________.
3. How does Mr. White know his visitor is there?
4. How does Mr. White feel about Morris's travels?
5. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)