|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Morris get the monkey's paw?
2. Why does Mr. White try to distract the person he is playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) He doesn't want to lose the bet.
(b) He made a mistake.
(c) He is worried about his son.
(d) He has a lot on his mind.
3. Where does Morris keep the monkey paw?
(a) His stock box.
(b) His saddle bags.
(c) His pocket.
(d) His satchel.
4. Why does White hesitate to make his first wish?
(a) He has everything he wants.
(b) He doesn't feel it is the time.
(c) He has been warned.
(d) He wants to do it right.
5. What time of day does this book start?
6. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Throws the paw on the fire.
(b) Gives it to Mr. White's son.
(c) Screams out.
(d) Smashes the paw.
7. Where has Mr. White always wanted to travel?
8. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) Any mishap that paw causes.
(b) The danger others will cause.
(c) The paw not working.
(d) His future illness being spread.
9. What must be done for the paw to work?
(a) The wish must be said aloud.
(b) A chant must be sung.
(c) A dance must be perormed.
(d) All of these.
10. What was done to make the monkey paw unique?
(a) A curse was placed on it.
(b) It had a spirit transferred to it.
(c) A spell was placed on it.
(d) It was blessed.
11. What does Mrs. White say when her husband loses his game?
(a) He had it coming.
(b) He should practice more.
(c) He never had a chance.
(d) He will win next time.
12. How much money does White's son suggest wishing for?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
13. What is Morris's reason for his travels?
(a) He works in trade.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He is adventurous.
(d) He is a sailor.
14. What does Morris say should be done with the monkey paw?
(a) It should be protected.
(b) It should be sold.
(c) It should be burried.
(d) It should be burned.
15. What does White say happens when he makes the first wish?
(a) The paw burns.
(b) The paw moves.
(c) The lights dimmed.
(d) The warmth left him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the monkey paw used for?
2. Morris says men should not interfere with __________.
3. Who is Mr. White playing a game with at the beginning of the book?
4. Mrs. White chases her son around with _________.
5. What does Morris talk about when he has had enough to drink?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)