|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Morris if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Mr. White.
(b) The maid.
(c) Mrs. White.
(d) Mr. White's son.
2. What does Morris do when he is asked if he would ever use the paw again?
(a) Screams out.
(b) Smashes the paw.
(c) Gives it to Mr. White's son.
(d) Throws the paw on the fire.
3. What does Morris say he is not to be blamed for when he leaves?
(a) Any mishap that paw causes.
(b) The danger others will cause.
(c) The paw not working.
(d) His future illness being spread.
4. Where does Mrs. White chase her son?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The library.
(d) The dining room.
5. Where does Morris keep the monkey paw?
(a) His stock box.
(b) His satchel.
(c) His saddle bags.
(d) His pocket.
6. How did Morris come across the monkey paw?
(a) He found it on the ground.
(b) The previous owner died.
(c) The previous owner sold it.
(d) He stole it.
7. Why does White hesitate to make his first wish?
(a) He wants to do it right.
(b) He has been warned.
(c) He doesn't feel it is the time.
(d) He has everything he wants.
8. Where did Morris spend much of his time during his travels?
9. Where must the paw be held in to be used?
(a) The right hand.
(b) The left hand.
(c) Over a grave.
(d) The right knee.
10. What is the name of the White's house?
(a) Lakesnam Villa.
(b) Villa Larkshire.
(c) Villa Lake Ridge.
(d) Lake Side Villa.
11. What is the monkey paw used for?
(d) Black mail.
12. What does White's son dislike about his house?
(a) All of these.
(b) The size.
(c) The path to the house.
(d) The dark windows.
13. Where did Morris get the monkey's paw?
14. How many drinks does Morris have before he will talk openly with his friends?
15. Why has Morris stopped working?
(a) He is rich now.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He was injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Morris's face?
2. What does Morris say makes the monkey paw work?
3. Who keeps the paw when Morris leaves?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Mrs. White doing at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)