|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the dragon live?
2. What are Tripitaka's two companions eaten by?
3. Who saves Tripitaka from the animals?
4. According to the sign, where does the land lead to?
5. What do the Gods put monkey in charge of the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buddha prove Monkey never left his hand?
2. How does Tripiakata get to Monkey?
3. How does Monkey get weapons for his brethren?
4. How does Ts'ui add twenty years to the Emperor's life?
5. Why does the Patriarach banish the Stone Monkey?
6. What is the magic coat and hat that Kuan-yin gives to Tripitaka for?
7. How does Monkey kill the Demon?
8. How does Jade Emperor try to control Monkey?
9. How does Hsuan Tang revenge his father's death?
10. How does Wen-ch'iao save her child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
1. What are Buddhists and how do they view life?
2. What influence have Buddhists had on popular culture?
3. How has Latino life shaped the characters of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What role does religion play in Chinese society? What role does religion play in Western society? Why has religion has lost its impact in Western society? Has religion lost its impact in China as well?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)