|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pigsy and Monkey show the monster when he is close enough?
(a) Their roars.
(b) Their staffs.
(c) Their true forms.
(d) Their magic cloaks.
2. What takes the travelers homeward?
(a) A bird.
(b) A magical wind.
(c) A ferry.
(d) A magical cloud.
3. What are the boy and girl put on in preparation for the hungry God?
(a) A fire.
(c) A cauldron.
(d) A hot plate.
4. What does the Buddha give the travelers when they return from their quest?
(b) New powers.
(c) New names.
5. What do the travelers climb up to get to the ferry boat?
(a) A cliff.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Monkey say he needs to get from heaven?
2. Why does Loa believe Monkey has come to his studio?
3. What is the river monster's real name?
4. Where does the wind drop the travelers?
5. What had Manjusri disguised himself as when he visited the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Buddha not give Pigsy the title of Buddha?
2. In what way are Monkey and Pigsy's characters changing in this chapter?
3. How do Monkey and the others get an audience with the false King?
4. Why do Monkey and the others have to stop traveling when they get to the river?
5. What joke does Pigsy play on Monkey?
6. How does Monkey defeat the immortals?
7. What is the perch's plan to capture Tripitaka?
8. How does Kuan-yin summon her magical fish?
9. How do the characters change when they reach Buddha?
10. How can Tripitaka prove what the King told him is true?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)