|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the monster have to eat to live forever?
2. Where does the monster go back to?
(a) His mansion.
(b) His castle.
(c) His cave.
(d) His mountain top.
3. Who are Monkey and the others required to sacrifice at the village?
(a) A cow.
(b) A goat.
(c) A boy and girl.
(d) An elderly couple.
4. What is the weather like when the travelers wake up?
5. What is Sandy's new title?
(a) Monkey is called Buddha Victorious in Strife.
(b) Golden Bodies Arhat.
(c) Buddha of precocious Merit.
(d) The Cleanser of the Altar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Buddha give the travelers when they return from their quest?
2. What does the Monkey say he needs to get from heaven?
3. Why does Lao eventually give Monkey one pill for the Emperor?
4. What does the perch say Tripitaka will want to get to?
5. Where is the Emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Kuan-yin tell Monkey he makes with the second monster in this section?
2. How do Monkey and Pigsy trick the deity?
3. What are the character's new names?
4. Summarize the book.
5. What does Monkey find out about the city Cart Slow?
6. How do the travelers get to Buddha's paradise from the village?
7. In what way are Monkey and Pigsy's characters changing in this chapter?
8. Why does Lao refuse to help Monkey?
9. Why does the monster want to eat Tripitaka?
10. How can Monkey tell which person is the real Tripitaka?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)