|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the monster have to eat to live forever?
2. Whose forms do Pigsy and Monkey take over?
(a) The cows.
(b) The Buddhist priests.
(c) The horses.
(d) The boy and girl.
3. What do the travelers see after traveling for many months?
(a) The Dragon King's palace.
(b) Buddha's citadel.
(c) An Emperor's palace.
(d) The peach orchard.
4. What do the villagers invite the travelers to?
(a) A meal.
(b) A meeting.
(c) A dance.
(d) A sing song.
5. Who challenges Monkey and the others when they reach Cart Slow?
(a) The Buddhist priests.
(b) The three wizards.
(c) The three immortals.
(d) The Dragon Slayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the town give Monkey and the others if they sacrifice the boy and girl?
2. What is inside the basket when Kuan-yin pulls it up?
3. Why does the turtle leave the travelers to swim to shore?
4. What is Kuan-yin making in her garden?
5. Who do the Monkey and the others demand an audience with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the character's new names?
2. What mistake does Kuan-yin tell Monkey he makes with the second monster in this section?
3. Why does Buddha not give Pigsy the title of Buddha?
4. Why does the deity that cares for the town want to sacrifice the boy and girl?
5. How do Monkey and Pigsy trick the deity?
6. How do Pigsy and Monkey force the monster to retreat?
7. In what way are Monkey and Pigsy's characters changing in this chapter?
8. In what way is Tripitaka not necessarily the leader of the group?
9. What is the perch's plan to capture Tripitaka?
10. How does the turtle cause the characters problems at the end of the story?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)