|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ehr-lang related to the Jade Emperor?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His father.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
2. What gives birth to Monkey?
(a) A woman.
(b) A egg.
(c) A rock.
(d) An ocean.
3. What are Tripitaka's two companions eaten by?
4. Where does Che'n have to leave his ill mother?
(a) The riverside.
(c) The mountains.
(d) An inn.
5. On what part of the Buddha's hand is Monkey's signature?
(a) His middle finger.
(b) The top of his palm.
(c) The thumb joint.
(d) The fore finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the monkeys call the mountain?
2. What does the Monkey do when the Emperor opens the lid of the crucible?
3. What does Kuan-yin offer the monster is he turns from his ways?
4. Where does Tripitaka accompany the hunter?
5. What are all the monkeys' weapons made from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the magic coat and hat that Kuan-yin gives to Tripitaka for?
2. Why does the Stone Monkey return to his brethren?
3. Why does Monkey go off to find religion?
4. How does the Stone Monkey become King?
5. How does Ts'ui add twenty years to the Emperor's life?
6. What does the Stone Monkey see on the other side of the waterfall?
7. How does Monkey escape death?
8. Why does the Stone Monky leave his brethren?
9. In what way is Tripitaka not well suited to adventure?
10. Why do the farmers want Monkey and Tripitaka to help them?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)