|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kuan Yin give Monkey to help him get out of dangerous situations?
(a) A magic cane.
(b) Three hairs.
(c) A human ear.
(d) Three nails.
2. What can the hat and coat do to Monkey if Tripitaka repeats a chant?
(a) Cause him pair.
(b) Freeze him.
(c) Cause him to laugh.
(d) Stop his heart.
3. What do the Judges agree was not the Emperor's fault?
(a) The death of pigsy.
(b) The imprisonment of the Stone Monkey.
(c) The death of the dragon.
(d) The public hatred of Buddha.
4. What do Kuan-yin and Hui-yen change into at the city of Ch'ang?
5. What is the name of the beast who has plagued Monkey's brethren?
(a) Devil Red.
(b) Vertigo Go.
(c) Demon Havoc.
(d) Fire Licker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Stone Monkey swear to do if Tripitaka frees him?
2. What does the Stone Monkey use to transport him home?
3. What does Kuan-yin tell the dragon he must do for Buddha to forgive him of his sins?
4. What does the Patriach say claims a person every 500 years?
5. What do the judges send Ts'ui Chio to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Patriarach banish the Stone Monkey?
2. Why does the Stone Monkey return to his brethren?
3. How does Kuan-Yin persuade the monster to join Buddha?
4. How does Monkey kill the Demon?
5. How does Monkey escape death?
6. How does Monkey get weapons for his brethren?
7. What is the challenge Buddha lays down for Monkey?
8. How does Ts'ui add twenty years to the Emperor's life?
9. In what way is Tripitaka not well suited to adventure?
10. How is Jade Emperor a wise leader?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)