|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Stone Monkey swear to do if Tripitaka frees him?
(a) Apologize to Buddha.
(b) Serve him.
(c) Slay a dragon.
2. Who does the Emperor prepare a great feast for?
(a) The Dragon King.
(b) Dead souls in torment.
(c) Dead souls in love.
3. What do the monkeys decide to find one day?
(a) The tree that can speak.
(b) The cave with the monster.
(c) The river with plentiful fish.
(d) The mountain with the spring.
4. What animal does Kuan-yin turn the dragon into?
(a) A pig.
(b) A goat.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A horse.
5. What does Kuan-yin tell the dragon he must do for Buddha to forgive him of his sins?
(a) Help Tripitaka.
(b) Return to his father.
(c) Give his life to Buddha.
(d) Help Monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Tripitaka from the animals?
2. What does the Stone Monkey decide all the other monkeys should learn to do?
3. What do the monkeys call the mountain?
4. What does the bridge lead to?
5. Where does Pigsy live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tripitaka need to control Monkey?
2. How does the Planet Venus persuade Monkey to return to heaven?
3. Why does Monkey go off to find religion?
4. How does Pigsy join the group?
5. How does Jade Emperor try to make Monkey mortal?
6. How does Kuan-yin get the monster onto her side?
7. How does Tripiakata get to Monkey?
8. How does Monkey kill the Demon?
9. What does the Stone Monkey see on the other side of the waterfall?
10. What is the magic coat and hat that Kuan-yin gives to Tripitaka for?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)