|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the turtle leave the travelers to swim to shore?
(a) They would not stop shouting.
(b) They are too heavy.
(c) They were rude to him.
(d) They did not ask Buddha his question.
2. What is Kuan-yin making in her garden?
(a) A bouquet.
(b) A basket.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A dolls house.
3. Why is Pigsy not given the title of Buddha?
(a) He looks like a pig.
(b) He is not trustworthy.
(c) He used to be a monster.
(d) He is not religious.
4. What is Sandy's new title?
(a) Buddha of precocious Merit.
(b) Monkey is called Buddha Victorious in Strife.
(c) Golden Bodies Arhat.
(d) The Cleanser of the Altar.
5. What is the weather like when the travelers wake up?
6. Whose forms do Pigsy and Monkey take over?
(a) The cows.
(b) The Buddhist priests.
(c) The horses.
(d) The boy and girl.
7. What carries Tripitaka across the lake?
(a) A shark.
(b) A giant crab.
(c) A giant turtle.
(d) A whale.
8. What kind of animal is the wizard?
(a) A lion.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A dog.
9. What happens to the traveler's earthly forms?
(a) They rise into space.
(b) The drift into the clouds.
(c) They sink into the water.
(d) They are washed down stream.
10. What do the travelers climb up to get to the ferry boat?
(a) A cliff.
(b) A tower.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A mountain.
11. Who does Monkey beg help from?
12. Who do the Monkey and the others demand an audience with?
(a) The King's wife.
(c) The King's son.
(d) The false King.
13. What time of day do the characters leave the village?
(a) Late afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) The middle of the night.
14. Who does Tripitaka have a dream about?
(a) The dead Prince of the city of Ch'ang.
(b) The dead King of the city of Crow-Cock.
(c) The dead Queen of the city of Crow-Cock.
(d) The dead King of the city of Ch'ang.
15. What do the travelers walk over?
(a) The frozen lake.
(b) The cliff top.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The frozen river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Monkey from killing the Wizard?
2. Why did the fish escape Kuan-yin's pond?
3. Who are Monkey and the others required to sacrifice at the village?
4. What does the magician do before Monkey can trick him?
5. What is inside the basket when Kuan-yin pulls it up?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)