|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes the travelers back to the Emperor?
(a) The winds.
(b) Forks of lightning.
(d) The clouds.
2. What does the perch say Tripitaka will try to cross?
(a) The cliff top.
(b) The lake.
(c) The mountain.
(d) The river.
3. What city do the Emperor, Monkey, Tripitaka, Pigsy and Sandy travel to?
4. What time of day do the characters leave the village?
(a) Late afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) The middle of the night.
5. What do the monster and Pigsy and Monkey do when their true forms have been revealed?
(b) Run away.
(c) Shake hands.
6. What does the monster want to do to Tripitaka when he has caught him?
(a) Imprison him.
(b) Torture him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Eat him.
7. What takes the travelers across the lake?
(a) A whale.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A ferry.
(d) A raft.
8. What do the travelers climb up to get to the ferry boat?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A cliff.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A tower.
9. What does the perch say Tripitaka will want to get to?
(a) The scriptures.
(b) The diamonds.
(c) The raft.
(d) The gold.
10. Who does the turtle want to make him into human form?
11. What does Kuan-yin do after she puts the basket on the lake?
12. Why did the fish escape Kuan-yin's pond?
(a) There was a flood.
(b) It was too dirty.
(c) The bigger fish tried to eat him.
(d) It was lonely.
13. What will the town give Monkey and the others if they sacrifice the boy and girl?
14. What carries Tripitaka across the lake?
(a) A whale.
(b) A giant turtle.
(c) A shark.
(d) A giant crab.
15. What does the magician do before Monkey can trick him?
(a) Turns invisible.
(b) Shrinks Monkey.
(c) Flies up into the sky.
(d) Teleports himself away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes the travelers homeward?
2. Who had the Emperor treated badly?
3. Who does the King ask Tripitaka to help him defeat?
4. What are the boy and girl put on in preparation for the hungry God?
5. What does the King give Tripitaka to convince his son that Tripitaka has come in the King's name?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)