|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Stone Monkey force the Judge of Death to give him?
(a) A sword.
(b) A staff.
(c) A contract.
(d) A pen.
2. What does Kuan-yin offer the monster is he turns from his ways?
(a) A palace.
(d) A kingdom.
3. What animal does Kuan-yin turn the dragon into?
(a) A horse.
(b) A goat.
(c) A pig.
(d) A lamb.
4. What does Kuan-yin tell the dragon he must do for Buddha to forgive him of his sins?
(a) Help Tripitaka.
(b) Give his life to Buddha.
(c) Help Monkey.
(d) Return to his father.
5. What do the monkeys decide to find one day?
(a) The tree that can speak.
(b) The river with plentiful fish.
(c) The mountain with the spring.
(d) The cave with the monster.
6. Whose presence is the Emperor of T'ang lead to?
(a) The Judges of Death.
(b) The Judges of Heaven.
(c) The Judges of Dread.
(d) The Judges of Peace.
7. What does the monster in the river like to eat?
8. What does the Monkey King see on the other side of the waterfall?
(a) A tower.
(b) A statue.
(c) A palace.
(d) A bridge.
9. What does Ch'en do with the carp?
(a) He eats it.
(b) He stuffs it.
(c) He puts it in a fish tank.
(d) He sets it free.
10. What name does the Emperor give Hseuan Tsag before he goes on his journey?
11. What does the Dragon King Son eat when he comes out of the river?
(a) A carp.
(b) A horse.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A pig.
12. What does the Monkey King leave his friends to search for?
(a) Immortality and religion.
(b) Spiritual advice and peace of mind.
(c) Gold and silver.
(d) Lasting health and happiness.
13. What does the patriarch teach the Stone Monkey?
(a) The secrets of immortality.
(b) The secrets of kung fu.
(c) The secrets of happiness.
(d) The secrets of the Gods.
14. What new name does Kuan-yin give the pig?
(d) Stew Pot.
15. What does the Stone Monkey decide all the other monkeys should learn to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Monkey and Tripitake see come out of the river?
2. Where does Che'n have to leave his ill mother?
3. Where does the Demon live?
4. What does the author say the Monkey's body has been made as hard as?
5. Where does the dragon live?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)