|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Butch feel toward sex?
2. Who videotapes having sex with John?
3. What weapon does the robber have?
4. What is Butch obsessed with?
5. What does Vron act strangely about?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are Butch and Selina similar?
2. How does John feel about his biological father?
3. What financial problems are revealed to John?
4. Why does Doris become significant after Fielding's big reveal?
5. How does Selina react to marriage?
6. What does Martin provide for John?
7. Is John misogynistic?
8. Is Martina ideal for John as a romantic partner?
9. Describe the transition John makes in his relationship with Martina.
10. Why does John sleep with Butch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the protagonist of "Money: A Suicide Note", and why? Who is the antagonist of the novel, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role addiction plays in "Money: A Suicide Note". Which characters face addictions? How does addiction play a key role in the plot? Which characters overcome addiction, and how?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Fielding's motivation to hurt John. Why does he want to hurt John? Is this a reasonable plot twist?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)