|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The relationship between John and Martina moves in which way?
2. What is Butch obsessed with?
3. Fat Vince finds a job for John working in which of the following?
4. Who set up John to be caught by Martina in a bad situation?
5. Who tells John that she is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of life does Fielding seem to be obsessed with?
2. How are Martin and Martina similar?
3. What do you predict will happen to John after Selina leaves him?
4. Why does John sleep with Butch?
5. What do the actors in the novel seem to want for their characters on film?
6. Is John misogynistic?
7. How is John's stress affecting him?
8. In what ways are Butch and Selina similar?
9. How does John's relationship with Martina progress?
10. How does John ruin his relationship with Martina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Are the characters in "Money: A Suicide Note" likable? Why or why not? Answer this question by analyzing at least three different characters (or more) in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Why is it significant that Amis inserts himself into the novel? Why is this considered a postmodern technique?
Essay Topic 3
In John's search for satisfaction, what does he find? What does he have trouble finding? What does he continue to search for by the end of the novel?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)