|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gary, the film character, represent?
2. What is John's mother's name?
3. Martin says the book she gave John is an allegory for which of the following?
4. John cannot sustain which of the following?
5. Who set up John to be caught by Martina in a bad situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Selina set up John?
2. Why does Doris become significant after Fielding's big reveal?
3. How is John's stress affecting him?
4. Is Martin sincere?
5. Describe John's reaction to the royal wedding.
6. Why does John feel better having less money?
7. What do you predict will happen to John after Selina leaves him?
8. Why does John have trouble keeping up his demeanor with Martina?
9. Is Martina ideal for John as a romantic partner?
10. Does John want to die at the end of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the two allusions to Orwell's books significant? How do "Animal Farm" and "1984" relate to the plot of "Money: A Suicide Note"?
Essay Topic 2
Is John a reliable narrator? Why should the reader be weary of trusting him? Is the reader supposed to trust John?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of some of the character names in the novel? What do some of the character names imply about the character? Why do you think Amis chose to reveal characteristics this way?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)