|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what time of year is John back in London after discovering Fielding has destroyed him?
2. How does Selina react to John's proposal of marriage?
3. Who knew the entire time that there was no money for the film?
4. Who does Spunk say he wants to kill?
5. What does Spunk change his name to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are Butch and Selina similar?
2. How does John feel about Frank the Phone Man?
3. Why does John have trouble having sex with Martina?
4. What does Martin provide for John?
5. Does John want to die at the end of the novel?
6. Why does Selina set up John?
7. What makes John's relationship with Martina the antithesis of his relationship with Selina?
8. Is Martina ideal for John as a romantic partner?
9. How does Spunk contrast Caduta and Lorne?
10. How does John ruin his relationship with Martina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it significant that Amis inserts himself into the novel? Why is this considered a postmodern technique?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of some of the character names in the novel? What do some of the character names imply about the character? Why do you think Amis chose to reveal characteristics this way?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence points to John's preoccupation with sex? Why do you think John is obsessed with sex?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)