|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bill's occupation?
2. When John and Selina have sex, what do they discuss?
3. What is John's dad's name?
4. According to Fielding, which industry(ies) makes the most money?
5. What is Selina's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is John attracted to Martina?
2. Why does John ask Selina to move in with him?
3. Why does a woman chastise John, and how does he react?
4. What is the relationship between John and Martina?
5. What motivates Selina?
6. Describe the relationship between Fielding and John.
7. What is significant about Vron?
8. How does John view Selina?
9. What postmodern technique does Amis use in "Money: A Suicide Note"?
10. Why doesn't John understand the murderer Fielding tells him about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What message about romantic and sexual relationships do you think Amis is sending to the reader in writing about the relationships between John and Selina, Martina, and Georgina?
Essay Topic 2
How does John develop as a character over the course of the novel? What are the major events that shape him, and what do they shape him into?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the title "Money: A Suicide Note" significant? What is the keyword in the title, and does the title follow through in terms of plot?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)