|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is John?
2. What is Butch's last name?
3. What is Fat Vince's job?
4. Fielding tells John to do what with his money?
5. John's racist cabbie thinks that killing will do which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't John understand the murderer Fielding tells him about?
2. Describe the relationship between Fielding and John.
3. Describe Selina Street.
4. What is the significance of The Shakespeare?
5. What postmodern technique does Amis use in "Money: A Suicide Note"?
6. Describe John's relationship with Selina.
7. What factors cause John to be disgruntled?
8. How are Martina and Selina different?
9. What evidence points to John's preoccupation with sex?
10. What is the purpose of this novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the protagonist of "Money: A Suicide Note", and why? Who is the antagonist of the novel, and why?
Essay Topic 2
In John's search for satisfaction, what does he find? What does he have trouble finding? What does he continue to search for by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of "Money: A Suicide Note"? What diction and other literary devices are used to create this tone?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)