|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doris react to John making a pass at her?
2. Why does Selina come back to John after they fight?
3. Which sore body part is John plagued by?
4. What is Spunk's last name?
5. Fielding tells John to do what with his money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about John's black outs?
2. What is the purpose of this novel?
3. What is significant about Vron?
4. What postmodern technique does Amis use in "Money: A Suicide Note"?
5. How does John view Selina?
6. Describe Selina Street.
7. Why is John happy that Alec is in prison?
8. What evidence points to John's preoccupation with sex?
9. Why is addiction a theme in "Money: A Suicide Note"?
10. What is John searching for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In John's search for satisfaction, what does he find? What does he have trouble finding? What does he continue to search for by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What role does money as a motivating factor play in the text? Is money generally portrayed as positive or negative?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the title "Money: A Suicide Note" significant? What is the keyword in the title, and does the title follow through in terms of plot?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)