Author's Note, page 5, and Section 1, pages 7 to 23
1. Amis describes the novel as which of the following?
(a) A suicide note.
(b) A piece of mail.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A script.
2. What is John's last name?
3. John's racist cabbie thinks that killing will do which of the following?
(a) Keep bad people off the streets.
(b) Improve the world.
(c) Hurt the world.
(d) Help him earn more money.
4. Where is John at the beginning of the novel?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. What has John been diagnosed with?
6. How does John feel about his cabbie?
7. What is John's job?
8. What ailment causes John to drink whiskey?
(b) Sore back.
(d) Stomach acid.
9. What is Selina's last name?
10. What is John's relationship with Selina at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his long-time crush.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his girlfriend.
This section contains 2,997 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)