|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man who was courting Stella before she met Jack?
2. How did most Victorian males think?
3. Where did Thoby attend school?
4. How did Jack describe his father?
5. Who worked the hardest to console Leslie after Julia's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in these stories, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What did the title of this book mean? Why was it significant to Virginia's life and writings?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how did the people touched by it react? How did certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what caused these changes?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)