|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did George feel about Vanessa's relationship with Jack?
2. What did Stella try to give her family after Julia's death?
3. Who was hesitant to purchase the vacation house?
4. What about George did Virginia say was irrepressible?
5. Who brought the intellectual touch to the Bloomsbury house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how did the people touched by it react? How did certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what caused these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)