|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Woolf say she was always looking for in her life?
2. What does Virginia say saved Stella from physical grieving?
3. What was the name of Virginia's oldest nephew?
4. What does Virginia say Julia's legacy to her was?
5. How did Woolf truly come to understand her beliefs and her place in the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Virginia's first vivid memory?
2. What happened to Julia after her first husband's death?
3. What is Moments of Being comprised of?
4. How did Stella and Leslie both change after Stella and Jack's engagement?
5. How did Virginia describe each of the men in her house and their daily activities?
6. Who was Virginia writing Recollections for?
7. Why did George stop paying any attention to Vanessa?
8. What did Leslie do when Virginia and Vanessa would host their luncheons?
9. Why did Julia marry her two husbands?
10. Why does Virginia say she had such a close relationship with Vanessa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in these stories. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Stella's death affect each member of her family?
Essay Topic 3
What was Virginia's writing process, and how did she come to create this process for herself?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)