|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made the house at Bloomsbury less crowded?
(a) The visitors were less common.
(b) Doctors and nurses didn't come as often.
(c) Fewer family members lived there.
(d) The rooms were bigger.
2. How did Thoby act when he was older?
3. What made the house at Hyde Park so crowded?
(a) The doctors and nurses.
(b) The family members.
(c) The stream of visitors.
(d) All of these.
4. Why did George enjoy the events Virginia hosted?
(a) He wanted to impress his father.
(b) He wanted to meet a wife.
(c) He wanted to have free food.
(d) He wanted to advance himself socially.
5. What was very different and controversial about Strachey?
(a) He had a venereal disease.
(b) He was homosexual.
(c) He was the son of a beggar.
(d) He was an ex-convict.
6. What did Stella try to give her family after Julia's death?
(a) A reason to rejoice.
(b) A sense of normalcy.
(c) Faith in Heaven.
(d) A good, strong education.
7. Who was the only person who was able to bring happiness back into the family after Julia's death?
8. What era of thinking did Virginia and Vanessa both belong in?
9. Where did Virginia see windows that lifted the gloom for a moment after her mother's death?
(a) Paddington Station.
(b) St. Andrew's Chapel.
(c) Westminster College.
(d) Northanger Abbey.
10. What colors were the house at Hyde Park decorated in?
(a) Yellow and pink.
(b) Brown and green.
(c) White and blue.
(d) Black and red.
11. How did Virginia see her memories?
(a) As pictures.
(b) As scenes.
(c) As stories.
(d) As secrets.
12. What was Clive Bell's occupation?
13. Why did George start ignoring Vanessa?
(a) She would not trust in him.
(b) She would act rudely in public settings.
(c) She would not stop her affair with Jack.
(d) She would not behave the way he liked.
14. How does Virginia describe her brother, Thoby?
(a) Kind, but not generous.
(b) Spiritual, but not pious.
(c) Clever, but not intellectual.
(d) Educated, but not bright.
15. When did Virginia belong to the Memoir Club?
(a) In the 1900's.
(b) In the 1930's.
(c) In the 1910's.
(d) In the 1920's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Virginia and Vanessa host events?
2. What kind of events did Virginia and Vanessa host?
3. What did George see as a sign of personal value?
4. How had Stella been treated by her mother before her death?
5. How did Thoby act when he was young?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)