|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jack describe his father?
2. Where did Virginia see windows that lifted the gloom for a moment after her mother's death?
(a) Paddington Station.
(b) Westminster College.
(c) St. Andrew's Chapel.
(d) Northanger Abbey.
3. Where would Virginia and Vanessa host events?
(a) Their house.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) The common greens.
(d) Trafalgar Square.
4. What style were the people in the Memoir Club supposed to write in?
(a) Frank and honest.
5. How does Virginia describe Stella's beauty?
(a) Gorgeous from the inside.
(b) Uniquely beautiful.
(c) Gently attractive.
(d) Youthfully pretty.
6. Who does Virginia say became something of a martyr after Julia's death?
7. Who died before this memoir was written?
8. Where did Leslie go when the boys left the house for the day?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The gentleman's club.
(c) His unknown special place.
(d) His attic.
9. How did Stella almost ruin her relationship with Jack?
(a) She stood him up for a number of occasions.
(b) She proposed to him.
(c) She courted two men at once.
(d) She turned down his first proposal.
10. Why did George force Virginia to participate in balls and banquets?
(a) He wanted her to be successful.
(b) He thought she needed better priorities.
(c) He was too shy to go alone.
(d) He was never invited by himself.
11. What color were Stella's eyes?
12. What was symbolic to Virginia after Stella's death?
(a) A calm sea.
(b) A dead gull.
(c) A barren woman.
(d) A leafless tree.
13. What about Thoby's college friends was startling to the higher society people?
(a) Their bedraggled appearance.
(b) Their poor health.
(c) Their deep conversation.
(d) Their American clothes.
14. What happened to Thoby after Stella's death, according to Virginia?
(a) He lost his way.
(b) He became a man.
(c) He became devoted to his family.
(d) He lost his humor.
15. What career was Thoby pursuing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Thoby when he died?
2. What color did the family wear after Julia's death?
3. Who had to be the center of attention at the events Vanessa and Virginia hosted?
4. What about George did Virginia say was irrepressible?
5. What made Thoby very proud in his life?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)