|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did most Victorian males think?
(c) Forward thinking.
2. What is the main reason Virginia says she and Vanessa had such a strong bond?
(a) They were similar ages.
(b) They had been through a lot together.
(c) They had been taught in the same ways.
(d) They were the only women, surrounded by men.
3. What was Leslie dying of?
(b) Liver poisoning.
4. How did Edwardian thinkers act?
(b) Forward thinking.
5. What era of thinking did Leslie belong in?
6. Who did Virginia read a poem to that lifted her spirits for a time after her mother's death?
7. What did Virginia think was her god-given purpose?
(a) To write her feelings.
(b) To help her family.
(c) To find her soulmate.
(d) To elevate man.
8. What was very different and controversial about Strachey?
(a) He had a venereal disease.
(b) He was the son of a beggar.
(c) He was homosexual.
(d) He was an ex-convict.
9. Who died after this memoir was written?
10. When listing the main attributes in the house of men, which one pertained to Leslie?
11. What was Lytton Strachey's occupation?
12. What made the house at Hyde Park so crowded?
(a) The doctors and nurses.
(b) All of these.
(c) The stream of visitors.
(d) The family members.
13. What color were George and Gerald's eyes?
14. What season did the Stephen's visit the vacation home?
15. What did George think he was comforting Virginia for?
(a) Her turned-down book.
(b) Her fight with Vanessa.
(c) Her dead mother.
(d) Her social failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about George did Virginia say was irrepressible?
2. Who asked Virginia to try and end the affair between Vanessa and Jack?
3. Why did George start ignoring Vanessa?
4. What color did the family wear after Julia's death?
5. What career was Thoby pursuing?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)