|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was hesitant to purchase the vacation house?
2. What was Lytton Strachey's occupation?
3. What was the name of the man who was courting Stella before she met Jack?
4. What were the people in the Memoir Club supposed to write about?
(a) Famous people.
(b) Their pasts.
(c) Their ancestors.
(d) Their hopes for their futures.
5. How did Jack describe his father?
6. Where did Thoby attend school?
7. When did Virginia belong to the Memoir Club?
(a) In the 1900's.
(b) In the 1920's.
(c) In the 1910's.
(d) In the 1930's.
8. What made the house at Bloomsbury less crowded?
(a) Doctors and nurses didn't come as often.
(b) The rooms were bigger.
(c) The visitors were less common.
(d) Fewer family members lived there.
9. Who died after this memoir was written?
10. What was Leslie dying of?
(a) Liver poisoning.
11. What did Virginia think was her god-given purpose?
(a) To elevate man.
(b) To write her feelings.
(c) To help her family.
(d) To find her soulmate.
12. How old was Thoby when he died?
13. What was distracting Virginia from her god-given purpose?
(a) Her lack of work ethic.
(b) Her fights with George.
(c) Her love of novels.
(d) Her social outings.
14. What about Thoby's college friends was startling to the higher society people?
(a) Their deep conversation.
(b) Their American clothes.
(c) Their poor health.
(d) Their bedraggled appearance.
15. What color were Stella's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Virginia say became something of a martyr after Julia's death?
2. What color did the family wear after Julia's death?
3. What kind of events did Virginia and Vanessa host?
4. How did George feel about Vanessa's relationship with Jack?
5. How did Edwardian thinkers act?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)