|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sketch of the Past, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Virginia Woolf make herself improve her skills?
(a) She burned works that were bad.
(b) She had people criticize her work.
(c) She did daily drills.
(d) She read a lot.
2. How did Vanessa deal with her stepfather's changing moods?
(a) She was annoyed and quiet.
(b) She was curt and head-on.
(c) She was shy and fearful.
(d) She was angry and volatile.
3. What does Virginia say the sensual experiences in life teach us?
(a) Deeper spiritual truths.
(b) Secrets of ourselves.
(c) Pages of the past.
(d) Hints to our future.
4. How does Virginia describe the relationship between her mother and stepfather?
5. Where did Woolf get the material for her writing?
(a) Her father's sermons.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Reminiscences" about?
2. What did Stella die of?
3. Where did Virginia get the material for A Sketch of the Past?
4. How did Virginia's mother show her controlling nature?
5. Who suggested that Virginia should write her memoirs?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)