|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel see in the sky in Chapter 14?
(a) A lunar eclipse.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) Halley's comet.
(d) An airplane.
2. How does Aunt Florence react when she sees Rachel in Chapter 21?
(a) She denies that Rachel is who she says she is.
(b) She thinks Rachel is Sara, her sister.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She is overjoyed.
3. Why does Crossen come to Kalaupapa instead of the leprosy colony close to his home in Louisiana?
(a) He was kicked out of the Louisiana facility for bad behavior.
(b) The facility in Louisiana is full.
(c) He does not want to embarrass his family.
(d) He has always wanted to see Hawaii.
4. How does Ruth react when she finds out that Rachel had leprosy?
(a) She says she already knew.
(b) She worries that she might have it, too.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She is delighted.
5. Where do Ruth and Peggy travel to in the Endnote?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rachel submits an application to get a copy of __________________ in Chapter 21.
2. Rachel and Jake are mutually interested in ____________.
3. Where does Rachel get a job upon returning to Honolulu?
4. How does the Japanese man look everytime Rachel sees him in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Rachel volunteer to be a patient at the new investigation station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings some new residents to Kalaupapa in Chapter 13? What do Rachel and Jake find they have a shared interest in?
2. Where does Rachel go after returning to Hawaii in Chapter 22?
3. What documents does Rachel set about obtaining in Chapter 21?
4. What does Ruth want to know when Rachel first contacts her? How does Ruth react to Rachel's explanation?
5. What is Lani excited to show Rachel in Chapter 15?
6. Why did Crossen choose to be sent to the leprosarium at Kalaupapa instead of Carville?
7. Why do the patients at the Leprosy Investigation Station leave one by one?
8. In Chapter 21, what does Rachel discover about the stories her father told her about her family for many years?
9. What difficulty does Rachel have once she arrives in Honolulu?
10. Why is Henry delighted when he becomes ill in Chapter 15?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)