|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject is Rachel interested in?
2. What sport has Rachel become skilled at by Chapter 10?
3. Who is Father Damien?
(a) A priest who has helped Rachel while she adjusts to her new life.
(b) A priest who has publically denounced those with leprosy.
(c) A priest who is expected to visit around Rachel's birthday.
(d) A priest who became famous for going to Moloka'i.
4. Where are the people with leprosy kept on the boat?
(a) They are confined to a pen on the deck of the ship.
(b) They are not given a space but are told to sleep on the floor in the hallways.
(c) They are kept in a small room under the ship.
(d) They have the same type of quarters as the other passengers.
5. What is Rachel teased about in Chapter 12?
(a) Forgetting Sister Catherine's birthday.
(b) Being a virgin.
(c) Her bad cooking.
(d) Her hairstyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sarah?
2. Who is Dorothy?
3. How many people on the boat are infected with leprosy?
4. What question does Rachel ask about Jesus in Chapter 1?
5. Who dies in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rachel hear about a patient who left Moloka'i in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Sister Catherine slap Rachel in Chapter 7?
3. What does Dorothy find as she is cleaning Rachel after a fight with Sarah?
4. Why does Rachel decide to run away in Chapter 8?
5. What is Rachel's father's job? What does he bring her when he returns home in Chapter 1?
6. Why does Catherine take Henry to Kalawao during his visit to Moloka'i? What family news does Henry share with Rachel during his visit?
7. Where is Rachel told she will live on Moloka'i? Why doesn't Mother Marianne think Rachel should live with her uncle?
8. What causes Sister Catherine to question her religious beliefs in Chapter 12?
9. What is a ho'oponopono, and what does Rachel's father reveal at it?
10. How is Rachel's family affected after she is discovered to have leprosy?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)