|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport has Rachel become skilled at by Chapter 10?
2. What does the board of health put on the fence in front of the Kamala's house?
(a) A sign saying that the house contains leprosy.
(b) A large red 'x.'
(c) A wreath.
(d) Yellow police tape.
3. What does Henry wish for in Chapter 12?
(a) Rachel would be let out of the settlement.
(b) Rachel could transfer to another leper settlement.
(c) He would contract leprosy.
(d) Sarah would visit him.
4. Who is Sarah?
(a) Rachel's mother.
(b) Rachel's aunt.
(c) Rachel's sister.
(d) Rachel's neighbor.
5. Who is Haleola?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Uncle Pono's friend.
(c) Her new teacher.
(d) Francine's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Rachel about her mother in Chapter 9?
2. How does Rachel feel when her father comes for a visit in Chapter 9?
3. What year is it in Chapter 10?
4. Whom does Rachel kiss in Chapter 10?
5. What does Mother Marianne ask Rachel when she returns from the party in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Rachel told she will live on Moloka'i? Why doesn't Mother Marianne think Rachel should live with her uncle?
2. What law does Rachel learn the Board of Health is trying to get passed in Chapter 13?
3. How does Mother Marianne react when she sees the girls returning from the party in Chapter 10?
4. Why does Sister Catherine slap Rachel in Chapter 7?
5. What does Rachel decide to do for Haleola's funeral?
6. How does Rachel react to being at Kalihi?
7. What happens when Rachel follows Moko to his house?
8. How is Rachel's family affected after she is discovered to have leprosy?
9. What causes Sister Catherine to question her religious beliefs in Chapter 12?
10. What does Rachel become popular for at the dormitory in Chapter 9?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)