|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months rent does Rachel have to pay in advance for her apartment?
(a) One month.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
2. Why do Rachel and others go to the highest point on the Kalaupapa Peninsula?
(a) To glimpse the regatta in Honolulu harbor.
(b) To see Hawaii's first Fourth of July fireworks display.
(c) To watch the planes flying over Honolulu.
(d) To see the smoke from the fires on Oahu.
3. Where is Kenji originally from?
4. What does Hokea have of Rachel's?
(a) Her painting supplies.
(b) Her souvenir collection.
(c) Her camera.
(d) Her fountain pen.
5. Why does Crossen come to Kalaupapa instead of the leprosy colony close to his home in Louisiana?
(a) The facility in Louisiana is full.
(b) He has always wanted to see Hawaii.
(c) He does not want to embarrass his family.
(d) He was kicked out of the Louisiana facility for bad behavior.
6. How does Sarah react when she sees Rachel?.
(a) She slams the door in Rachel's face.
(b) She laughs hysterically.
(c) She faints.
(d) She screams.
7. What is the name of the ship that Rachel takes to visit Ruth?
(a) S.S. Lurline.
(b) S.S. Lindsey.
(c) S.S. Louellen.
(d) S.S. Louisa.
8. Crossen believes he got leprosy from ___________.
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) A former colleague.
(c) A Chinese prostitute.
(d) His cousin.
9. What happens after a customer notices Rachel's crippled hand?
(a) Rachel has to wear gloves at work.
(b) Rachel decides to have surgery.
(c) Her employer takes an interest in Rachel's life story.
(d) Rachel is fired with no explanation.
10. Why do Rachel and Kenji call the police on Crossen?
(a) He threatens Rachel with physical harm.
(b) He breaks one of their windows.
(c) He beats his girlfriend.
(d) He steals from the shop in Kalaupapa.
11. What will happen if Rachel tests negative for leprosy one more time in Chapter 14?
(a) She will have to start taking aggressive medicines.
(b) She will be accepted into a medical study.
(c) She will be able to leave Moloka'i.
(d) She will be allowed to live on her own.
12. Where is Crossen sent after he is sentenced for his crime?
(b) Nowhere, he stays on Kalaupapa.
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) San Francisco.
13. How many other patients still remain at the facility when Rachel leaves?
14. How does the Japanese man look everytime Rachel sees him in Chapter 15?
15. What year is it in the Endnote?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sister Catherine in Chapter 17?
2. Why does Rachel decide to leave the facility in Chapter 14?
3. Where does Rachel get a job upon returning to Honolulu?
4. Where does Rachel stay when she arrives in Honolulu?
5. How does Rachel get a cut on her head in Chapter 21?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)