|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other patients still remain at the facility when Rachel leaves?
2. What happens after a customer notices Rachel's crippled hand?
(a) Rachel has to wear gloves at work.
(b) Rachel decides to have surgery.
(c) Her employer takes an interest in Rachel's life story.
(d) Rachel is fired with no explanation.
3. What does Rachel have a dream about in Chapter 14?
(a) Seeing her father.
(b) Living in Honolulu.
(c) Becoming a nurse.
(d) Making love with Jake.
4. How many months rent does Rachel have to pay in advance for her apartment?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
5. How many patients go to the new facility when it first opens in Chapter 14?
6. Why does Rachel decide to leave the facility in Chapter 14?
(a) To teach the residents of Kalaupapa what she has learned.
(b) To make the most of life in Moloka'i.
(c) She feels healthier than ever.
(d) A nurse accuses her of stealing.
7. How long does Ruth wait before calling Rachel again in Chapter 22?
(a) A month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
8. Why does Kenji stop sending money home?
(a) He has received no acknowledgment from his family.
(b) The last of his surviving family dies.
(c) His family starts returning the money.
(d) He has no extra money to send.
9. Who spoke Hawaiian at Haleola's funeral?
(a) Sister Catherine.
(c) No one.
10. How long does Rachel stay in Maui in Chapter 22?
(a) One week.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three weeks.
11. How does Kenji die in Chapter 19?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He hits his head on a door.
(c) He has an allergic reaction.
(d) He is accidentally stabbed.
12. What is Lawrence McCully Judd's position in 1931?
(a) County sheriff.
(b) Commissioner for the Island of Moloka'i.
(c) Governor of the Territory of Hawaii.
(d) Mayor of Kalaupapa.
13. What did Rachel do a lot of in her last twenty years?
(b) Charity work.
14. Who is Peggy?
(a) A nun.
(b) Ruth's daughter.
(c) Rachel's stepsister.
(d) A nurse.
15. What year is it in the Endnote?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sarah living in Chapter 21?
2. How do prospective landlords treat Rachel?
3. Who meets Ruth and Peggy and tells them stories of Rachel?
4. Why does Aunt Florence ask Rachel to go away?
5. What happens in December, 1980?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)