|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many patients go to the new facility when it first opens in Chapter 14?
2. Why does Rachel decide to leave the facility in Chapter 14?
(a) She feels healthier than ever.
(b) A nurse accuses her of stealing.
(c) To make the most of life in Moloka'i.
(d) To teach the residents of Kalaupapa what she has learned.
3. What does Rachel think of Honolulu in Chapter 21?
(a) It is different but beautiful.
(b) It is just the same as she remembered it.
(c) It is too noisy.
(d) Its natural beauty has been ruined.
4. Where does Rachel meet Ruth?
(a) At a train station.
(b) At a public park.
(c) At a cafe.
(d) At a hotel.
5. What has Kenji had surgery on in Chapter 17?
(a) His ear.
(b) His eyelid.
(c) His toe.
(d) His hand.
6. How does the Japanese man look everytime Rachel sees him in Chapter 15?
7. What does Rachel convince Kenji not to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Run away from the settlement.
(c) Swim out to sea.
(d) Jump from the cliffs.
8. What does Rachel remember while in Maui?
(a) Details about Ruth's adoption.
(b) Tales Haleola told her about Maui.
(c) Facts about Maui's history.
(d) Childhood memories about her mother.
9. How does Lani feel about her breasts in Chapter 15?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is ecstatic.
(d) She is embarassed.
10. How many other patients still remain at the facility when Rachel leaves?
11. What year is it in Chapter 19?
12. Who meets Ruth and Peggy and tells them stories of Rachel?
(c) Sister Catherine.
13. Where does Rachel get a job upon returning to Honolulu?
(a) At a newspaper stand.
(b) At a gift shop.
(c) At a coffee shop.
(d) At a library.
14. What lie does Kenji tell Rachel in Chapter 18?
(a) He never loved Rachel.
(b) He doesn't want to leave Moloka'i.
(c) The world outside Moloka'i has become dangerous.
(d) His leprosy test came back positive.
15. What is found floating in the sea at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Crossen's body.
(b) An airplane.
(c) An abandoned fishing vessel.
(d) A message in a bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Rachel stay in Maui in Chapter 22?
2. In Chapter 18, what does Rachel fear will happen if she and Kenji leave Moloka'i?
3. Who is Jake Puehu?
4. How old is Sister Catherine in Chapter 17?
5. What did Gabriel Crossen once do?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)