|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Endnote and Author's Note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel learn is the reason Dorothy disappeared?
(a) Dorothy moved away to the mainland.
(b) Dorothy developed leprosy and died.
(c) Dorothy ran away with Kimo after he developed leprosy.
(d) Dorothy fell in love with another man and married him.
2. What does Henry tell Rachel about her sister Sarah in Chapter 10?
(a) Sarah is getting married.
(b) Sarah had a baby.
(c) Sarah has leprosy.
(d) Sarah is at college.
3. What sport has Rachel become skilled at by Chapter 10?
4. Who is Jake Puehu?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A lighthouse keeper.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
5. Why does Catherine slap Rachel in Chapter 7?
(a) Rachel throws a rock at another girl.
(b) Catherine is in a bad mood.
(c) Rachel swears.
(d) Rachel says she hates God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kenji stop sending money home?
2. How long does Rachel stay in Maui in Chapter 22?
3. Why do Lani, Emily, and Francine go to Haleola's house?
4. What did Gabriel Crossen once do?
5. What is found floating in the sea at the end of Chapter 20?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)