|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four-'Ohana, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the homes at the settlement provided with in Chapter 18?
(b) New siding and roofs.
(c) Paved driveways.
(d) Indoor plumbing.
2. How does Rachel feel when her father comes for a visit in Chapter 9?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is overjoyed.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) She feels indifferent.
3. Why do Lani, Emily, and Francine go to Haleola's house?
(a) To help Rachel prepare Haleola for the funeral.
(b) To clean up after the funeral.
(c) To hide from the funeral goers.
(d) To look for Haleola's will.
4. Who is the letter from that Haleola reads while Pono sleeps in Chapter 7?
(a) Sister Catherine.
(b) Rachel's mother.
(d) R.W. Meyer.
5. Why does the queen surrender?
(a) German soldiers arrive.
(b) American soldiers arrive.
(c) British soldiers arrive.
(d) French soldiers arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when the novel begins?
2. What does the preacher say about leprosy in Chapter 3?
3. How does Kenji die in Chapter 19?
4. How old is Rachel in Chapter 10?
5. Where is Rachel transferred after Kalihi?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)