|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four-'Ohana, Chapters 17 & 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Rachel when the novel begins?
(a) Four years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Eight years old.
2. What do the children call Mr. Wyckoff?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A bounty hunter.
(c) The devil incarnate.
(d) A genius.
3. What does Sarah tell Rachel about the people boarding the ship in Chapter 1?
(a) They are lepers.
(b) They are missionaries.
(c) They are rich.
(d) They are criminals.
4. How does Rachel escape from Moko in Chapter 8?
(a) She throws dirt in his eyes.
(b) She throws boiling water on him.
(c) She drops a large stone on his foot.
(d) She strikes him with a stick.
5. What does Rachel have a dream about in Chapter 14?
(a) Seeing her father.
(b) Becoming a nurse.
(c) Making love with Jake.
(d) Living in Honolulu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Rachel tests negative for leprosy one more time in Chapter 14?
2. Where is 'Moloka'i' set?
3. Why do Lani, Emily, and Francine go to Haleola's house?
4. What shocks the people on board when the boat nears Kalaupapa Peninsula?
5. What does the family begin to call Rachel in Chapter 2?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)