|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three-Kapu! Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Rachel when the novel begins?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Four years old.
2. How far does Rachel and her family have to walk to church?
(a) A mile.
(b) A quarter of a mile.
(c) Two city blocks.
(d) Half a mile.
3. What does Haleola notice when she walks to the beach to meet Rachel in Chapter 10?
(a) The remains of a rowboat.
(b) A sick man.
(c) A storm approaching.
(d) An American flag.
4. What is Rachel's father's name?
(a) Joseph Kalama.
(b) Edward Kalama.
(c) Peter Kalama.
(d) Henry Kalama.
5. What question does Rachel ask about Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) Rachel wants to know when Jesus was alive.
(b) Rachel wants to know how to spell 'crucifiction.'
(c) Rachel wants to know how many animals were allowed on Noah's ark.
(d) Rachel wants to know what sea Jesus was supposed to have walked on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Haleola to come on outings with the Bishop Home girls?
2. Who dies at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Where is 'Moloka'i' set?
4. Whom does Sister Catherine write to in Chapter 9?
5. Where are the people with leprosy kept on the boat?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)