|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three-Kapu! Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rachel sent to live in Moloka'i?
(a) The Minister Home.
(b) The Bishop Home.
(c) The Priest Home.
(d) The Pastor Home.
2. What does Sarah tell Rachel about the people boarding the ship in Chapter 1?
(a) They are lepers.
(b) They are missionaries.
(c) They are criminals.
(d) They are rich.
3. Why does Sister Catherine take Henry to Kalawao?
(a) To show him the shops.
(b) To introduce him to all of the locals.
(c) To show him the scenery.
(d) To visit Pono's grave.
4. What does the board of health put on the fence in front of the Kamala's house?
(a) A large red 'x.'
(b) A wreath.
(c) Yellow police tape.
(d) A sign saying that the house contains leprosy.
5. Who invites Haleola to come on outings with the Bishop Home girls?
(a) The superintendent.
(b) Sister Catherine.
(c) Mother Marianne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel feel when her father comes for a visit in Chapter 9?
2. What does Henry decide to do instead of going out to sea?
3. What do Dorothy and Henry often argue about?
4. What does the family begin to call Rachel in Chapter 2?
5. Who is the superintendent of the leper settlement?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)