|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three-Kapu! Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rachel living at the beginning of the novel?
2. How much does Wyckoff collect for bringing Rachel to the Kalihi Receiving Station?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
3. Who is Mr. Wyckoff?
(a) An inspector from the Board of Health.
(b) The principal of Rachel's school.
(c) A visiting dignitary.
(d) The town mayor.
4. Where is Rachel sent to live in Moloka'i?
(a) The Bishop Home.
(b) The Pastor Home.
(c) The Minister Home.
(d) The Priest Home.
5. What are 'pali'?
(a) The cliffs.
(b) The people.
(c) The fish.
(d) The cold gusts of air.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel escape from Moko in Chapter 8?
2. How does Rachel feel about her Uncle Pono?
3. Who declares a Provisional Government in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Rachel run away in Chapter 8?
5. How does Rachel feel during her first examination in Chapter 3?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)