|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three-Kapu! Chapters 10 & 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry decide to do instead of going out to sea?
(b) Travel overseas.
(c) Open a business in the big city.
(d) Take a job onshore.
2. What year is it when the novel begins?
3. What does Rachel's father do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a cook.
(c) He is a sailor.
(d) He is a shoemaker.
4. What does the letter that Haleola reads in Chapter 7 say?
(a) Rachel must return home to her family.
(b) Rachel must remain at Bishop Home.
(c) Rachel is being transferred further south.
(d) Rachel is allowed to stay with her Uncle Pono.
5. How does Rachel feel when her father comes for a visit in Chapter 9?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is overjoyed.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) She feels indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls on her way home in Chapter 10?
2. Where is 'Moloka'i' set?
3. What does Henry tell Rachel about her sister Sarah in Chapter 10?
4. Whom do Rachel and her mother and siblings wait for at Honolulu Harbor in Chapter 1?
5. What subject is Rachel interested in?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)