|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when the novel begins?
2. What does the government in charge declare itself in Chapter 4?
(a) The Nation of Hawaii.
(b) The State of Hawaii.
(c) The Republic of Hawaii.
(d) The Democratic Republic of Hawaii.
3. What happens to Sister Catherine's letter in Chapter 9?
(a) It is lost.
(b) It is returned.
(c) It is intercepted by the government.
(d) It is shredded.
4. How far does Rachel and her family have to walk to church?
(a) A quarter of a mile.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) A mile.
(d) Two city blocks.
5. Who declares a Provisional Government in Chapter 4?
(a) A group of American businessmen.
(b) The monarchy.
(c) A group of government officials from Singapore.
(d) The Hawaiian elite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What charges at Rachel when she runs away?
2. What do the children call Mr. Wyckoff?
3. How does Rachel feel during her first examination in Chapter 3?
4. What does Haleola tell Rachel during a trip to the beach in Chapter 6?
5. What are 'pali'?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)