|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose bed is empty at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Why does Sister Catherine take Henry to Kalawao?
(a) To introduce him to all of the locals.
(b) To visit Pono's grave.
(c) To show him the shops.
(d) To show him the scenery.
3. How does Rachel become a popular storyteller at Bishop Home?
(a) By telling stories her father used to tell her when she was young.
(b) By telling ghost stories.
(c) By reading books borrowed from Haleola.
(d) By retelling tales she hears from Haleola.
4. What frightens Rachel when she first meets Francine?
(a) Francine's diseased hand.
(b) Francine's boisterous laugh.
(c) Francine's glaring eyes.
(d) Francine's confidence.
5. Who is Rachel reunited with in Moloka'i?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her Uncle Pono.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rachel when the novel begins?
2. Who is Haleola?
3. Whom does Rachel see while boarding the boat?
4. Where does Rachel board the boat in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Catherine slap Rachel in Chapter 7?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)