|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rachel feel when her father comes for a visit in Chapter 9?
(a) She feels indifferent.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is overjoyed.
(d) She is ashamed.
2. What charges at Rachel when she runs away?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A wild horse.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A wild pig.
3. Who is Father Damien?
(a) A priest who is expected to visit around Rachel's birthday.
(b) A priest who has helped Rachel while she adjusts to her new life.
(c) A priest who became famous for going to Moloka'i.
(d) A priest who has publically denounced those with leprosy.
4. What do Rachel's classmates call leprosy?
(a) The 'shameful sickness.'
(b) The 'scary sickness.'
(c) The 'swift sickness.'
(d) The 'separating sickness.'
5. What gift does Rachel's father give to Rachel in Chapter 1?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) A matryoshka doll.
(c) A dollhouse.
(d) A voodoo doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the route that Rachel takes when she runs away?
2. How does Rachel become a popular storyteller at Bishop Home?
3. What does Mother Marianne decide following Pono's death?
4. Whom does Sister Catherine write to in Chapter 9?
5. What does Rachel's father do for a living?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)