|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What charges at Rachel when she runs away?
(a) A wild pig.
(b) A wild horse.
(c) A coyote.
(d) An eagle.
2. What frightens Rachel when she first meets Francine?
(a) Francine's confidence.
(b) Francine's boisterous laugh.
(c) Francine's glaring eyes.
(d) Francine's diseased hand.
3. What does Henry decide to do instead of going out to sea?
(a) Open a business in the big city.
(b) Travel overseas.
(c) Take a job onshore.
4. What do Dorothy and Henry often argue about?
(a) Henry's family.
(b) The lack of trust in their relationship.
(c) What to spend their money on.
(d) Who to blame for Rachel's condition.
5. Who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) King Kalakuana.
(b) Princess Ruth Keʻelikōlani.
(c) King Kamehameha III.
(d) Queen Kaʻahumanu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government in charge declare itself in Chapter 4?
2. Who is Rachel reunited with in Moloka'i?
3. What does the family begin to call Rachel in Chapter 2?
4. How old is Rachel when the novel begins?
5. What does the foreign government with troops stationed in Hawaii declare?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)