|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are 'pali'?
(a) The cold gusts of air.
(b) The cliffs.
(c) The fish.
(d) The people.
2. What shocks the people on board when the boat nears Kalaupapa Peninsula?
(a) The size of the cliffs.
(b) The stormy weather.
(c) The people awaiting them.
(d) The cold air.
3. Who is the letter from that Haleola reads while Pono sleeps in Chapter 7?
(a) Rachel's mother.
(c) Sister Catherine.
(d) R.W. Meyer.
4. What question does Rachel ask about Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) Rachel wants to know when Jesus was alive.
(b) Rachel wants to know how to spell 'crucifiction.'
(c) Rachel wants to know how many animals were allowed on Noah's ark.
(d) Rachel wants to know what sea Jesus was supposed to have walked on.
5. Whom do Rachel and her mother and siblings wait for at Honolulu Harbor in Chapter 1?
(a) A fireworks show.
(b) A shipment of new cooking ingredients.
(c) A package from relatives abroad.
(d) Rachel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel escape from Moko in Chapter 8?
2. What do the children call Mr. Wyckoff?
3. How many people on the boat are infected with leprosy?
4. What does the letter that Haleola reads in Chapter 7 say?
5. Who is Dorothy?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)