|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people on the boat are infected with leprosy?
2. Why does Catherine slap Rachel in Chapter 7?
(a) Rachel swears.
(b) Rachel says she hates God.
(c) Rachel throws a rock at another girl.
(d) Catherine is in a bad mood.
3. How does Rachel feel during her first examination in Chapter 3?
4. Where are the people with leprosy kept on the boat?
(a) They are kept in a small room under the ship.
(b) They are not given a space but are told to sleep on the floor in the hallways.
(c) They have the same type of quarters as the other passengers.
(d) They are confined to a pen on the deck of the ship.
5. What subject is Rachel interested in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Rachel's father give to Rachel in Chapter 1?
2. What shocks the people on board when the boat nears Kalaupapa Peninsula?
3. What does the board of health put on the fence in front of the Kamala's house?
4. What does Sarah tell Rachel about the people boarding the ship in Chapter 1?
5. What does Moko make Rachel do in Chapter 8?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)