|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah tell Rachel about the people boarding the ship in Chapter 1?
(a) They are missionaries.
(b) They are lepers.
(c) They are rich.
(d) They are criminals.
2. Who is Mr. Wyckoff?
(a) A visiting dignitary.
(b) The principal of Rachel's school.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) An inspector from the Board of Health.
3. How does Rachel feel about her Uncle Pono?
(a) She is particularly fond of him.
(b) She is uncomfortable around him.
(c) She despises him.
(d) She is indifferent towards him.
4. Why does Catherine slap Rachel in Chapter 7?
(a) Rachel swears.
(b) Rachel throws a rock at another girl.
(c) Rachel says she hates God.
(d) Catherine is in a bad mood.
5. Who is Father Damien?
(a) A priest who has helped Rachel while she adjusts to her new life.
(b) A priest who is expected to visit around Rachel's birthday.
(c) A priest who has publically denounced those with leprosy.
(d) A priest who became famous for going to Moloka'i.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the letter from that Haleola reads while Pono sleeps in Chapter 7?
2. Whom do Rachel and her mother and siblings wait for at Honolulu Harbor in Chapter 1?
3. What does the preacher say about leprosy in Chapter 3?
4. What does Rachel's father do for a living?
5. What does the government in charge declare itself in Chapter 4?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)