|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moko make Rachel do in Chapter 8?
(a) Help him with chores.
(b) Write a letter for him.
(c) Walk a mile to the store.
(d) Teach him how to sew.
2. Who is Father Damien?
(a) A priest who has publically denounced those with leprosy.
(b) A priest who has helped Rachel while she adjusts to her new life.
(c) A priest who became famous for going to Moloka'i.
(d) A priest who is expected to visit around Rachel's birthday.
3. Why is Pono unable to visit Rachel in Chapter 7?
(a) He is busy.
(b) He is out of town.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is ill.
4. Who declares a Provisional Government in Chapter 4?
(a) The Hawaiian elite.
(b) The monarchy.
(c) A group of American businessmen.
(d) A group of government officials from Singapore.
5. What does the letter that Haleola reads in Chapter 7 say?
(a) Rachel is being transferred further south.
(b) Rachel must remain at Bishop Home.
(c) Rachel is allowed to stay with her Uncle Pono.
(d) Rachel must return home to her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bed is empty at the end of Chapter 6?
2. How long is the route that Rachel takes when she runs away?
3. What is Rachel's destination when she runs away?
4. How does Rachel feel during her first examination in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Rachel run away in Chapter 8?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)