|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah tell Rachel about the people boarding the ship in Chapter 1?
(a) They are criminals.
(b) They are lepers.
(c) They are rich.
(d) They are missionaries.
2. Whom does Rachel befriend upon moving into the dormitory at Moloka'i?
3. How far does Rachel and her family have to walk to church?
(a) A mile.
(b) A quarter of a mile.
(c) Two city blocks.
(d) Half a mile.
4. Where are the people with leprosy kept on the boat?
(a) They are confined to a pen on the deck of the ship.
(b) They are kept in a small room under the ship.
(c) They have the same type of quarters as the other passengers.
(d) They are not given a space but are told to sleep on the floor in the hallways.
5. What do Dorothy and Henry often argue about?
(a) What to spend their money on.
(b) The lack of trust in their relationship.
(c) Who to blame for Rachel's condition.
(d) Henry's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the route that Rachel takes when she runs away?
2. Who is the superintendent of the leper settlement?
3. Whom does Rachel see while boarding the boat?
4. Why does Catherine slap Rachel in Chapter 7?
5. Whose bed is empty at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)