|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry decide to do instead of going out to sea?
(a) Open a business in the big city.
(c) Travel overseas.
(d) Take a job onshore.
2. Where does Rachel board the boat in Chapter 4?
(a) Honolulu Harbor.
(b) Ala Wai Harbor.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Maui Harbor.
3. Why is Pono unable to visit Rachel in Chapter 7?
(a) He is out of town.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is busy.
(d) He is injured.
4. What does the board of health put on the fence in front of the Kamala's house?
(a) Yellow police tape.
(b) A sign saying that the house contains leprosy.
(c) A large red 'x.'
(d) A wreath.
5. Why does Catherine slap Rachel in Chapter 7?
(a) Rachel swears.
(b) Rachel throws a rock at another girl.
(c) Rachel says she hates God.
(d) Catherine is in a bad mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the superintendent of the leper settlement?
2. What subject is Rachel interested in?
3. How does Rachel feel about her Uncle Pono?
4. How does Rachel feel during her first examination in Chapter 3?
5. What do Rachel's classmates call leprosy?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)