|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four-'Ohana, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kenji die in Chapter 19?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He is accidentally stabbed.
(c) He has an allergic reaction.
(d) He hits his head on a door.
2. Who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) Queen Kaʻahumanu.
(b) King Kamehameha III.
(c) Princess Ruth Keʻelikōlani.
(d) King Kalakuana.
3. Where are the people with leprosy kept on the boat?
(a) They have the same type of quarters as the other passengers.
(b) They are kept in a small room under the ship.
(c) They are not given a space but are told to sleep on the floor in the hallways.
(d) They are confined to a pen on the deck of the ship.
4. What does Henry tell Rachel about her sister Sarah in Chapter 10?
(a) Sarah had a baby.
(b) Sarah has leprosy.
(c) Sarah is at college.
(d) Sarah is getting married.
5. Why does Aunt Florence ask Rachel to go away?
(a) She is frightened that the neighbors will see her talking to a leper.
(b) She doesn't believe Rachel is who she claims to be.
(c) She doesn't want her son to meet Rachel.
(d) She never liked Rachel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bed is empty at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What does the preacher say about leprosy in Chapter 3?
3. According to Dr. Goodhue, Lani's health concern in Chapter 15 is caused by _______________.
4. What does Henry wish for in Chapter 12?
5. Rachel submits an application to get a copy of __________________ in Chapter 21.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)