|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rachel board the boat in Chapter 4?
(a) Honolulu Harbor.
(b) Ala Wai Harbor.
(c) Maui Harbor.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
2. How long is the journey from Honolulu to Moloka'i?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Ten hours.
3. Where is Rachel living at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does the letter that Haleola reads in Chapter 7 say?
(a) Rachel must return home to her family.
(b) Rachel is being transferred further south.
(c) Rachel is allowed to stay with her Uncle Pono.
(d) Rachel must remain at Bishop Home.
5. What shocks the people on board when the boat nears Kalaupapa Peninsula?
(a) The size of the cliffs.
(b) The stormy weather.
(c) The cold air.
(d) The people awaiting them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haleola tell Rachel during a trip to the beach in Chapter 6?
2. Why is Pono unable to visit Rachel in Chapter 7?
3. How long is the route that Rachel takes when she runs away?
4. Where are the people with leprosy kept on the boat?
5. What does the family begin to call Rachel in Chapter 2?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)