|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children call Mr. Wyckoff?
(a) A genius.
(b) A ghost.
(c) The devil incarnate.
(d) A bounty hunter.
2. What year is it when the novel begins?
3. How does Rachel feel about her Uncle Pono?
(a) She is particularly fond of him.
(b) She is uncomfortable around him.
(c) She is indifferent towards him.
(d) She despises him.
4. What does the family begin to call Rachel in Chapter 2?
5. What do Rachel's classmates call leprosy?
(a) The 'shameful sickness.'
(b) The 'scary sickness.'
(c) The 'separating sickness.'
(d) The 'swift sickness.'
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haleola tell Rachel during a trip to the beach in Chapter 6?
2. Where are the people with leprosy kept on the boat?
3. What does the letter that Haleola reads in Chapter 7 say?
4. How far does Rachel and her family have to walk to church?
5. Whom do Rachel and her mother and siblings wait for at Honolulu Harbor in Chapter 1?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)