|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rachel feel during her first examination in Chapter 3?
2. What is Rachel's father's name?
(a) Edward Kalama.
(b) Peter Kalama.
(c) Joseph Kalama.
(d) Henry Kalama.
3. Why does the queen surrender?
(a) French soldiers arrive.
(b) British soldiers arrive.
(c) German soldiers arrive.
(d) American soldiers arrive.
4. How much does Wyckoff collect for bringing Rachel to the Kalihi Receiving Station?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
5. Where are the people with leprosy kept on the boat?
(a) They are kept in a small room under the ship.
(b) They have the same type of quarters as the other passengers.
(c) They are not given a space but are told to sleep on the floor in the hallways.
(d) They are confined to a pen on the deck of the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government in charge declare itself in Chapter 4?
2. What are 'pali'?
3. Why does Catherine slap Rachel in Chapter 7?
4. Why is Pono unable to visit Rachel in Chapter 7?
5. What does Sarah tell Rachel about the people boarding the ship in Chapter 1?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)