|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two-The Stone Leaf, Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Father Damien?
(a) A priest who became famous for going to Moloka'i.
(b) A priest who has publically denounced those with leprosy.
(c) A priest who is expected to visit around Rachel's birthday.
(d) A priest who has helped Rachel while she adjusts to her new life.
2. What does Henry decide to do instead of going out to sea?
(a) Take a job onshore.
(b) Travel overseas.
(c) Open a business in the big city.
3. How far does Rachel and her family have to walk to church?
(a) A quarter of a mile.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) Two city blocks.
(d) A mile.
4. What do Dorothy and Henry often argue about?
(a) Henry's family.
(b) Who to blame for Rachel's condition.
(c) The lack of trust in their relationship.
(d) What to spend their money on.
5. Why does the queen surrender?
(a) American soldiers arrive.
(b) British soldiers arrive.
(c) German soldiers arrive.
(d) French soldiers arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rachel sent to live in Moloka'i?
2. Why is Pono unable to visit Rachel in Chapter 7?
3. Whose bed is empty at the end of Chapter 6?
4. Where does Rachel board the boat in Chapter 4?
5. How long is the journey from Honolulu to Moloka'i?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)