|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three-Kapu! Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry decide to do instead of going out to sea?
(a) Travel overseas.
(b) Open a business in the big city.
(d) Take a job onshore.
2. How many patients go to the new facility when it first opens in Chapter 14?
3. Why does Rachel run away in Chapter 8?
(a) She wants to go find her family.
(b) She is scared of the superintendent.
(c) She is worried about Pono.
(d) She dislikes her guardians.
4. What does Henry tell Rachel about her mother in Chapter 9?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She took the children and moved away.
(c) She will visit soon.
(d) She is working in a factory.
5. What type of racing does Rachel watch in Chapter 12?
(a) Boat racing.
(b) Greyhound racing.
(c) Horse racing.
(d) A childrens footrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many new families move to Kalaupapa in Chapter 14?
2. What does the preacher say about leprosy in Chapter 3?
3. What does Mother Marianne decide following Pono's death?
4. What do Dorothy and Henry often argue about?
5. Why does the queen surrender?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)