|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three-Kapu! Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Catherine learn about her mother in Chapter 12?
(a) Her mother has leprosy.
(b) Her mother has committed suicide.
(c) Her mother has remarried.
(d) Her mother has gone bankrupt.
2. What charges at Rachel when she runs away?
(a) A coyote.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A wild horse.
(d) A wild pig.
3. What do the children call Mr. Wyckoff?
(a) The devil incarnate.
(b) A genius.
(c) A bounty hunter.
(d) A ghost.
4. What do Rachel's classmates call leprosy?
(a) The 'shameful sickness.'
(b) The 'separating sickness.'
(c) The 'swift sickness.'
(d) The 'scary sickness.'
5. Whom does Sister Catherine write to in Chapter 9?
(a) Catherine's mother.
(b) Rachel's mother.
(c) Rachel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel run away in Chapter 8?
2. What is Rachel's destination when she runs away?
3. How long is the route that Rachel takes when she runs away?
4. What does the board of health put on the fence in front of the Kamala's house?
5. What does Henry decide to do instead of going out to sea?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)