|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three-Kapu! Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose letters to Rachel become less frequent and then stop altogether?
(a) Her father's letters.
(b) Her mother's letters.
(c) Her sister's letters.
(d) Her brother's letters.
2. Who is Jake Puehu?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A lighthouse keeper.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
3. What happens to Sister Catherine's letter in Chapter 9?
(a) It is returned.
(b) It is intercepted by the government.
(c) It is lost.
(d) It is shredded.
4. What does Mother Marianne decide following Pono's death?
(a) Rachel will be allowed to visit Haleola once a month.
(b) Haleola will not be allowed to visit Rachel.
(c) Rachel will not be able to visit Pono's gravesite.
(d) Rachel will move in with Haleola.
5. What does the preacher say about leprosy in Chapter 3?
(a) It is a mystery.
(b) It is one of God's miracles.
(c) It is God's way of keeping the population under control.
(d) It is a disease that comes from immoral behaviour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pono unable to visit Rachel in Chapter 7?
2. Whom does Sister Catherine write to in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Catherine walk away from Haleola's funeral?
4. What do Dorothy and Henry often argue about?
5. What do Rachel's classmates call leprosy?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)