|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three-Kapu! Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rachel volunteer to be a patient at the new investigation station?
(a) A famous doctor works there.
(b) She tests positive for leprosy.
(c) Her friends volunteer, too.
(d) Sister Catherine forces her to.
2. How does Rachel feel when her father comes for a visit in Chapter 9?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She is overjoyed.
(d) She feels indifferent.
3. Who invites Haleola to come on outings with the Bishop Home girls?
(b) Mother Marianne.
(c) Sister Catherine.
(d) The superintendent.
4. What does Rachel warn Catherine about in Chapter 13?
(a) That Catherine might contract leprosy.
(b) The funeral will not be Christian.
(c) Mother Marianne will be at the funeral.
(d) There is bad weather coming.
5. What does Henry decide to do instead of going out to sea?
(a) Take a job onshore.
(c) Open a business in the big city.
(d) Travel overseas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel decide to leave the facility in Chapter 14?
2. What does Mother Marianne decide following Pono's death?
3. Where are the settlement residents shown a movie in Chapter 13?
4. How does Rachel feel during her first examination in Chapter 3?
5. What does Henry tell Rachel about her mother in Chapter 9?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)